IGNORED

NFL 2017 Season

Dynamite Red

The 'Boys will not have his input against the Falcons, Eagles and 'Skins among others. They will count heavily in their success or otherwise this season. This is, of course, a simple fact in what has looked a rather stark case - that of a man who has not been charged by the law, but given a guilty verdict by a sporting organisation.

14 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Right, it’s time The All Saints were drug tested!! Or their opposition need to be drug tested because this is just going to become unbearable   :sad26:

4 hours ago, Super said:

@Woodsy will be unbearable! Thumping win in fairness 

Said it before, will say it again

I'm waiting until after the week 11 game before I get any digs in on the 'Skins

I honestly thought we'd get tripped up in Buffalo, outside, in the cold....and we rack up 40 points, all td's were run in. This is a very different Saints team. Have to say I'm enjoying it, but if we go 8-2 next week I'd get ready for some 'incoming' chaps :yawn:

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I honestly thought we'd get tripped up in Buffalo, outside, in the cold....and we rack up 40 points, all td's were run in. This is a very different Saints team. Have to say I'm enjoying it, but if we go 8-2 next week I'd get ready for some 'incoming' chaps :yawn:

Could rack up 60 points next weekend!

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I’m living in hope for a tsunami, avalanche, hurricane, tornado, earthquake & for Noah to come floating by in his ark!! It’s surely the only hope we’ve got?!? (God I’m hoping reverse psychology works for me for once).

On the plus side, at least The Cowgirls proved how good they are without Ezekiel, hopefully at least another 4 defeats coming very soon for them.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Could rack up 60 points next weekend!

Stop. The. Run. The 3 words your lot need to work on this week!

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I’m living in hope for a tsunami, avalanche, hurricane, tornado, earthquake & for Noah to come floating by in his ark!! It’s surely the only hope we’ve got?!? (God I’m hoping reverse psychology works for me for once).

On the plus side, at least The Cowgirls proved how good they are without Ezekiel, hopefully at least another 4 defeats coming very soon for them.

That was a big result for the Failcons last night. I was hoping (for once!) the Cowboys would see them off. We still have to play them twice. Along with Panthers and Rams it's not an easy finish for us. As I said last week, I am still waiting for it to come to an end. It all seems a little too good to be true right now. Report this morning that it could be Brees' last season, he's out of contract anyway, but it could be the Saints moving him on, rather than DB looking for another ring before he retires. Massive wage, I can see the reasoning behind it, but it would seem odd to give him away now. Unless we finish 7-9 again, and they can all **** off :laughcont:

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Stop. The. Run. The 3 words your lot need to work on this week!

That was a big result for the Failcons last night. I was hoping (for once!) the Cowboys would see them off. We still have to play them twice. Along with Panthers and Rams it's not an easy finish for us. As I said last week, I am still waiting for it to come to an end. It all seems a little too good to be true right now. Report this morning that it could be Brees' last season, he's out of contract anyway, but it could be the Saints moving him on, rather than DB looking for another ring before he retires. Massive wage, I can see the reasoning behind it, but it would seem odd to give him away now. Unless we finish 7-9 again, and they can all **** off :laughcont:

Falcons still haven’t really kicked into gear & it’ll interesting to see how long Freeman is ruled out for.

As for ‘The All Saints’ without Brees, is that even possible? As someone who pays very little attention to the draft, have they got anyone lined up? I mean, it would make total sense to of drafted someone a year or two ago with the notion of having them sat on Brees’ shoulder watching everything that he does, there aren’t many better out there to learn from.

Or are they planning on letting him go & hoping to put all their money in one basket & hoping to sign someone this coming summer & move him straight into the starting position? As that would be a huge risk in my opinion. I guess you could always have Cousins for an extortionate amount of money!?!

17 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Falcons still haven’t really kicked into gear & it’ll interesting to see how long Freeman is ruled out for.

As for ‘The All Saints’ without Brees, is that even possible? As someone who pays very little attention to the draft, have they got anyone lined up? I mean, it would make total sense to of drafted someone a year or two ago with the notion of having them sat on Brees’ shoulder watching everything that he does, there aren’t many better out there to learn from.

Or are they planning on letting him go & hoping to put all their money in one basket & hoping to sign someone this coming summer & move him straight into the starting position? As that would be a huge risk in my opinion. I guess you could always have Cousins for an extortionate amount of money!?!

It seems like there aren't many QBs out there this year that have the draftniks excited. Sam Darnold was being hyped up this time last year, but he's having a down(ish) year from what I gather. There are 4 or 5 that could land in the first round, more through need than skills, but I would imagine that most would be redshirted behind an experienced QB to learn for a year or two. I've seen a couple of mocks where Saints are taking a QB in the late first round, but would be surprised. There has also been a lot of comments about how wrong the report was about Brees going at the end of the year. Thing is, one injury now could be the end, it's a lot of money they will be paying out for a man nearing 40. A bit of a quandry

As for Cousins, I think we're good, ta! Is he staying in Washington since the Jimmy G trade? Could be a few retiring at the end of the year. Eli, Big Ben, Rivers, maybe Brady if he gets more bling. Rumours are Bengals could move on from Dalton, Bortles out in Jacksonville (he may have another year on his deal, can't remember), Smith in KC, could be a lot of QB movement. Would be an exciting free agency period coming up

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

It seems like there aren't many QBs out there this year that have the draftniks excited. Sam Darnold was being hyped up this time last year, but he's having a down(ish) year from what I gather. There are 4 or 5 that could land in the first round, more through need than skills, but I would imagine that most would be redshirted behind an experienced QB to learn for a year or two. I've seen a couple of mocks where Saints are taking a QB in the late first round, but would be surprised. There has also been a lot of comments about how wrong the report was about Brees going at the end of the year. Thing is, one injury now could be the end, it's a lot of money they will be paying out for a man nearing 40. A bit of a quandry

As for Cousins, I think we're good, ta! Is he staying in Washington since the Jimmy G trade? Could be a few retiring at the end of the year. Eli, Big Ben, Rivers, maybe Brady if he gets more bling. Rumours are Bengals could move on from Dalton, Bortles out in Jacksonville (he may have another year on his deal, can't remember), Smith in KC, could be a lot of QB movement. Would be an exciting free agency period coming up

So ‘The All Saints’ don’t already have a potential replacement already lined up on their books for Brees? Someone to learn the trade......... I’m very surprised by this!

As for Cousins, your guess is as good as mine, it’s been going on for years now & I have no idea what’s going on now.

You listing all those QB’s who are coming to the end of their careers, it seems like the game could be in a bit of a mess for the coming years.

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

So ‘The All Saints’ don’t already have a potential replacement already lined up on their books for Brees? Someone to learn the trade......... I’m very surprised by this!

As for Cousins, your guess is as good as mine, it’s been going on for years now & I have no idea what’s going on now.

You listing all those QB’s who are coming to the end of their careers, it seems like the game could be in a bit of a mess for the coming years.

Chase Daniel, long time DB back up is back in town, but dare say at 31 he's thrown less passes in the NFL than years he's lived
And we also have a 27 year old who went undrafted last time out (at 27!!), who has definitely never thrown a pass in the NFL

We've drafted a couple over the years, but no one who has obviously cut the mustard. We must not forget that this is a franchise who have drafted pretty badly for most of the last decade. You should not be surprised there isn't a young buck already in place learning his trade!

An interesting piece on Bleacher Report, worth a download if you haven't already, about how NFL execs are more worried than ever that the systems being played in college nowadays doesn't prepare the kids for the big boys game. You'll obviously still get some excellent players coming out, but they may take longer to develop, if at all

In other tales of woe, Buffalo's back-up QB Peterman starts, throws 5 picks and sees Tyrod Taylor back in; that doesn't stop the Bills sinking into the depths of despair. And the Chiefs' wheels have parted company with the team. The good news is that even with a 0-10  record (yes, I'm looking at you, Cleveland!), some teams' chances are better than turkeys this week. :ph34r: But not by much....

:sad26: :mf_sleep: I was dreading reading this thread tonight!! How the hell can players being paid that amount of money not catch simple passes like they were given tonight? Under no pressure & it’s not like they are trying to catch a ball bearing being fired at them at 100mph+, these were simple passes!!

And don’t even get me started on the defence jumping on the plane when the 3rd quarter was finished thinking we’d won it!! Someone needs a seriously large boot implanted up their arses!!

And to sum it all up, Chris Thompson has a fractured fibula & is probably out for the rest of the season now!!

7 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Your remaining schedule includes two games against the resurgent Giants and a little trip to Dallas to take in, Tipps69. Better start scanning the combine reports.

In fairness The Giants are in an even bigger mess than us & The Cowgirls will be right down there with The Giants now that Zeke has taken his ban, they were a one man team before & now that that one man isn’t even allowed to train with the team, they are done for!!

The trouble is, what few ‘star’ players we had are now all injured, we have no wide-outs, running-backs or tight-ends (Vernon Davis dropping catches like a rookie). That leaves our D & the less said about them after last night the better!!

The Eagles have walked the division & I’m just hoping that the fact that they are in a terrible division flatters them to believe they are actually good because I’ve backed The Pats throughout the season & stand to win a couple of hundred quid on them & they just seem to have the most all round team out there (still).

7 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I’ve backed The Pats

I salute you, sir! Your passion for your team is obviously not blinding you to the harsh realities of the NFL. Head rules heart - especially if there's a pot at the end of a Brady rainbow. :thumbsup:

If you've got BT Sport another great 30 for 30 from ESPN, tomorrow morning 3:00AM, The SMU Pony Exce$$

The era when Eric Dickerson and Craig James were in the backfield, known as the Pony Express, and how the NCAA delivered the 'Death Penalty'

Very interesting story of pure greed, backhanders and what people would do for money, watch it if you can well worth it.:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Can we still make the playoffs?!

Well apart from The Eagles, the runners up spot is there for the taking, we just need other divisions to start performing like The Midgets & The Cowgirls.

Personally, it’s great to see those two struggling so badly & I’m loving it! You can see why The Cowgirls were so desperate for Zeke to not miss any games, they are the true definition of a one man team!

Crabtree (Raiders) & Talib (Broncos) both ejected from their match for an attempted punch-up as a result of bad blood between the pair in a previous match-up where Talib ripped Crabtree’s gold chain from around his neck!!

I’d assume both will be looking at a subsequent ban?!?

Archived