IGNORED

Poor team

Langford Red

12 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

Good job I am not wasting my money, to watch the reserves v Plymouth

Had enough of poor sides being put out

So staying away tonight this season

Don't want to see Plymouth win 

Hope you have a little smile to yourself when you see that crisp tenner in your wallet nicely saved from Lee Johnson's evil grasp.

13 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

Good job I am not wasting my money, to watch the reserves v Plymouth

Had enough of poor sides being put out

So staying away tonight this season

Don't want to see Plymouth win 

Do you feel a bit of a twerp now?

Entertaining game with plenty of good signs of the progress that is happening at our club.

I'm not getting carried away but so far so good.

On the subject of "poor team", why has become fashionable for lesser clubs to pick  a weakened line up when playing a club from a higher division?

I can just about see the point for the better club using their squad, if they are still good enough to progress. But Plymouth yesterday were outclassed. They have just had a highly successful promotion season, a rare chance to test themselves against an old rival, a big and happy following, but they put out a side who were embarrassingly poor. Their fans highlight was singing "We've had a shot".Apparently Cambridge made 10 changes for their game against Rovers.  I can't believe any player needs a rest after one league game, so why do it?

5 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

On the subject of "poor team", why has become fashionable for lesser clubs to pick  a weakened line up when playing a club from a higher division?

I can just about see the point for the better club using their squad, if they are still good enough to progress. But Plymouth yesterday were outclassed. They have just had a highly successful promotion season, a rare chance to test themselves against an old rival, a big and happy following, but they put out a side who were embarrassingly poor. Their fans highlight was singing "We've had a shot".Apparently Cambridge made 10 changes for their game against Rovers.  I can't believe any player needs a rest after one league game, so why do it?

because no one give a shit about the league cup and it should be scrapped

Just now, Monkeh said:

because no one give a shit about the league cup and it should be scrapped

7000 of us cared enough to turn up and  had a good time.

Another 1800 put in a 300 mile round trip on a Tuesday night and deserved better than what they got to see.

Hall of fame bound this one here!

1 minute ago, Fatalist said:

7000 of us cared enough to turn up and  had a good time.

Another 1800 put in a 300 mile round trip on a Tuesday night and deserved better than what they got to see.

Agreed, cup competitions allow for smaller teams to face bigger ones, something they may never get to do in the league. It brings in money to those smaller teams, you get to tick off new grounds youve visited, I cant see why anyone would want to get shot of it.

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Hall of fame bound this one here!

Agreed, cup competitions allow for smaller teams to face bigger ones, something they may never get to do in the league. It brings in money to those smaller teams, you get to tick off new grounds youve visited, I cant see why anyone would want to get shot of it.

Get shot, no. But perhaps a rework.

Get rid off the pisspot trophy (and tell the Prem youth sides to do one) and make the league cup for Championship and below perhaps. Obviously wouldn't be able to keep the UEFA cup spot for the winner.

On 08/08/2017 at 15:10, 22A said:

I see where you're coming from. Cambs Utd are away to the gas this evening. Their Manager has announced "I am rotating the squad as we have a long trip to Exeter on Saturday". Sounds like he's putting out their reserves at the Mem.

Cambridge made NINE changes to the team that started on Saturday. At least three of the team were dubutants, so I hope Rovers don't think their result is "the start of the good times returning".

Archived