IGNORED

Next Round Draw

Redmycolour

Since when has Newport been in the North??

We should just shelve this nonsense and just refuse to play,  The League Cup is a 57 year old that's had more partners than an Amsterdam whore..  It's sponsored by  a drink none of us can buy. Noone gives a monkeys.  It's not possible to sink lower..

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

We should just shelve this nonsense and just refuse to play,  The League Cup is a 57 year old that's had more partners than an Amsterdam whore..  It's sponsored by  a drink none of us can buy. Noone gives a monkeys.  It's not possible to sink lower..

and yet nearly 10,000 people showed up on a Tuesday night.

21 minutes ago, The Bard said:

They sell it in WHsmiths in broadmead and in one corner shop on Stapleton road actually

One thing that occurred to me is that with the way the draw was conducted to decide home or away, they put an equal number of home and away balls into the pot to begin with but, as each ball was pulled out they left it on a tray in the middle. So, as there were about 6 red bulls pulled out in a row, the odds of having a home tie for teams still left in the draw shifted significantly so that later teams had more chance of playing away. That's not really fair. It should have been an equal 50/50 chance of home or away for each draw. What they should have done is just had two balls, one marked home and the other away. These would be returned to the pot after each draw so that the first club to the last club had an equal 50/50 chance of an home or away tie. 

As I said in an earlier post it is an overly complicated and totally pointless way of running things. 

7 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

One thing that occurred to me is that with the way the draw was conducted to decide home or away, they put an equal number of home and away balls into the pot to begin with but, as each ball was pulled out they left it on a tray in the middle. So, as there were about 6 red bulls pulled out in a row, the odds of having a home tie for teams still left in the draw shifted significantly so that later teams had more chance of playing away. That's not really fair. It should have been an equal 50/50 chance of home or away for each draw. What they should have done is just had two balls, one marked home and the other away. These would be returned to the pot after each draw so that the first club to the last club had an equal 50/50 chance of an home or away tie. 

As I said in an earlier post it is an overly complicated and totally pointless way of running things. 

Very good idea. Too simple for Sky. And put the team ball in either a home tray or away…

30 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

We have to beat the best to win it , doesn't matter about the draw .

Europe here we come . 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Watford isn't in London.

and even if they were they wouldn't switch the ties so one of us play at home. London is big enough to cope with it and even if they weren't it would just mean a change of date.

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:39, Flint says No said:

So with both us and the g*s playing in London will one of our ties be switched so one of us are at home? If so surely we would be the home team considering they cocked up the draw massively with our tie v Watford.

As is stands, the 23.30 train from Paddington to Temple Meads that evening is likely to have City and Rovers fans on it. Vicarage Road to Paddington can be done in just under an hour so I suspect there will be City fans getting this last train back to Bristol. It would mean most likely having to miss the last few minutes of extra time and / or penalties if the game goes that far, but I'd wager that there will be a good few of our travelling fans who'll book this train.

Surely British Transport Police and / or the Met would have realised this by now (and before someone points it out, yes I know Watford isn't covered by the Met, but Fulham and Paddington are)? I can't imagine they'd be happy with the possibility of both sets of fans being on the same train.  

EDIT: unless of course I've missed an announcement that either our game or Fulham v Rovers has been switched to the Wednesday (there's nothing on our website at present and the Fulham and Watford websites currently show the games taking place on Tuesday 22nd).

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Thy went on sale this morning - open sale on Friday. £10 for adults.

Just got tickets, it's actually £11, not a big deal but it does amount to paying 10% extra on the advertised price.

On 11/08/2017 at 10:44, Phileas Fogg said:

Watford isn't in London.

Not strictly speaking no, however it is on the Undergound system.

As for both Bristol teams travelling to & from Padding ton together; a few years ago the Transport Police realised that Forest and Derby were both in London on the same day, so had one game delayed 24 hours to avoid mayhem on the trains and at St Pancras.

Archived