IGNORED

Argyle praise for stadium

ollywhyte

One incorrect statement on their is that it is a stadium for the city of Bristol and gets lots of support from the council. I was pretty sure the council have given us **** all assistance and Steve Lansdown has pretty much have to do it all on his own!!!! Correct me if I am wrong.

31 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Just browsing on Pasoti and stumbled across this. Always interesting to see other fans perception on our new setup, all very positive and impressed!

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=100455&sid=21fcc5f49c28e5d34d674486516088e5

That needs posting on ass-shat.

According to those well informed and non-bitter 15 ers; A.G. is an "absolute shit pit"

21 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

What is it about the Internet that makes people talk absolute nonsense about a subject they clearly know nothing about?!

I was going to write an answer, but then realised I would have been talking nonsense on the internet about something I know nothing about.

1 hour ago, El Hombrecito said:

Not sure where this person got their dodgy information from though!

Screenshot_20170809-151803.png

I was just about to quote this! Other than granting planning permission, I'm fairly certain BCC contributed sweet FA to the redevelopment, although I do recall good old Red Trousers trying to take some credit on twitter during his term as Mayor.

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Also important to note that it is a stadium for the City of Bristol and is not Bristol City's stadium. It is heavily supported by the City Council and is also shared with Bristol Rugby.

Someone got their facts sadly wrong !!!

Literally the first thing that jumped out at me in that thread. I expect 99% of city fans visiting that thread will pick up on too.

I think we should take positives away from these comments rather than ridicule the inaccuracies. Obviously Argyle fans don't know the ins and outs of our situation, hence the 'lifelong' and 'joint ownership' comments, but we should take pride that our stadium is now something of envy for other clubs. We are a very lucky club indeed to have all these new facilities.

They're trying to redevelop their old Mayflower stand but some ridiculously low budget was quoted at one time. If they expect a stand akin to the Lansdown, they may need to add a 2 to their original budget which was £6M IIRC.

Apart from the naughtiness in the 80s at home park, I've got no issue with Argyle, good luck to them.

I think someone must have read 'Bristol Sport' somewhere and decided it was 'Sport for Bristol' which to be fair does sound like a Council backed scheme. Sounds like a genuine error to make.

26 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

I was just about to quote this! Other than granting planning permission, I'm fairly certain BCC contributed sweet FA to the redevelopment, although I do recall good old Red Trousers trying to take some credit on twitter during his term as Mayor.

Probably because they think Bristol Sport is another name for the Bristol City Council. In general, they were complimentary except about the absolutely crap PA system, which I don't even try to listen to now.

30 minutes ago, SARJ said:

I think we should take positives away from these comments rather than ridicule the inaccuracies. Obviously Argyle fans don't know the ins and outs of our situation, hence the 'lifelong' and 'joint ownership' comments, but we should take pride that our stadium is now something of envy for other clubs. We are a very lucky club indeed to have all these new facilities.

Agreed. They have gone up in my estimation as fans and a club. Great turn out last night and took their tonking in good humour. Good luck next time you visit Bristol (let's face it, you'll be up against a far inferior team. Hope you can win 5-0

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Agreed. They have gone up in my estimation as fans and a club. Great turn out last night and took their tonking in good humour. Good luck next time you visit Bristol (let's face it, you'll be up against a far inferior team. Hope you can win 5-0

Yep, looking forward to hearing what they have to say about Chernobyl ! :laughcont:

2 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Just browsing on Pasoti and stumbled across this. Always interesting to see other fans perception on our new setup, all very positive and impressed!

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=100455&sid=21fcc5f49c28e5d34d674486516088e5

I just wanna know about this "free parking". Can only assume they mean either Sainsbury's or KFC car parks... 

Parking ticket officers night off obvs...

Plymouth and ourselves should aspire to be PL as both clubs have potential - not suggesting either of us are anywhere close right now but it shouldn't be out of the question when you consider what the likes of Bournemouth, Brighton, Hull have achieved.

Incidentally, Plymouth is now the biggest city in England never to have hosted top-flight football, although Man U did play a cup winners' cup tie there in the 70s as a punishment for crowd trouble in the first leg at St Etienne.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

They're trying to redevelop their old Mayflower stand but some ridiculously low budget was quoted at one time. If they expect a stand akin to the Lansdown, they may need to add a 2 to their original budget which was £6M IIRC.

Apart from the naughtiness in the 80s at home park, I've got no issue with Argyle, good luck to them.

The problem with the Mayflower Stand is that some of it is listed I think and they can only redevelop around it. They have been exploring the possibilities for a while now and have finally settled on a scheme I believe.

Decent club Argyle, certainly had some moments with them over the years, could be quite a nasty place to visit a while back, 2nd biggest club in the South West without a doubt and not up their own backsides like some we could mention and their away support is impressive considering the distances they have to travel not unusual for them to leave Plymouth at 5 or 6 in the morning.

16 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Also important to note that it is a stadium for the City of Bristol and is not Bristol City's stadium. It is heavily supported by the City Council and is also shared with Bristol Rugby.

Someone got their facts sadly wrong !!!

For goodness sake don't draw the sags attention to this, it will be "fact" within a week and they will be camping on College Green demanding the same "help" those 'teds got. 

Archived