IGNORED

Brentford away mid week fixture (Merged)

Never to the dark side

Firstly if it was much more than 140 miles like  Sheffield Leeds Hull and other Northern places,

you need at least two half days off work.

At least with midweek trips of 120 miles like Brentford  Fulham and Wolves they are easy to get to and back from

Set off by 5pm and back my midnight

See all the rest of you hoardes at Brentford (and Birmingham)

• Admin
1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Firstly if it was much more than 140 miles like  Sheffield Leeds Hull and other Northern places,

At least with midweek trips of 120 miles like Brentford  Fulham and Wolves they are easy to get to and back from

Does 20 miles really make that much difference?

• Admin
40 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Am I right in thinking, when the fixture list is planned, part of the aim is to try to avoid clubs making long trips either for midweek games or on Christmas/New Year etc. Obviously things don't always quite work but I think that's the general goal...

No - the likes of Torquay and Carlisle for example actually requested the long journeys in midweek as it meant they could travel down during the day and then travel back through the night instead of an overnight stay the day before a game

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

No - the likes of Torquay and Carlisle for example actually requested the long journeys in midweek as it meant they could travel down during the day and then travel back through the night instead of an overnight stay the day before a game

Ah - fair enough. I guess it makes a difference in terms of what level of football you are at. I guess 30-odd hotel beds and catering is a significant budget spend for smaller clubs. 

14 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Nope. Just 'missed the traffic' i think! :cool:

I'm going to be travelling from the game on public transport from central London and getting back to North London via public transport afterwards.

I think there's a reasonable chance anyone driving from Bristol who set off at the same time as me might beat me in arriving and a pretty good chance anyone driving back to Bristol will get home before I get back to Muswell Hill! 

I just checked the website and noticed that there are around 250 tickets still available. I am pretty surprised we haven't sold out already given the small allocation offered at Brentford. When I purchased my tickets last week there were still 450 free so we're not shifting them too quickly. 

46 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm going to be travelling from the game on public transport from central London and getting back to North London via public transport afterwards.

I think there's a reasonable chance anyone driving from Bristol who set off at the same time as me might beat me in arriving and a pretty good chance anyone driving back to Bristol will get home before I get back to Muswell Hill! 

Reminds me of quite a while ago I dropped someone off at Bristol Airport to catch their flight to Amsterdam. I then went back across the city in rush hour to their place in Westbury in Trym, as I got in the door their house phone was ringing so I answered it to find it was them confirming they had landed in the Netherlands!

Bit sad to be missing Birmingham and Brentford this season but will be listening when I can. And what is it with us and Preston, that's at least twice in a row we've had them on a Tuesday night.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm in north London too and I expect it will take around an hour to get home on the bus/tube.

I've driven from London (Chiswick flyover to Bristol M32) in an hour and half before (at night)…depending on roadworks/diversions etc on M4, of course. 

Shame that Preston is mid week, was hoping to go to Deepdale this season

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Reminds me of quite a while ago I dropped someone off at Bristol Airport to catch their flight to Amsterdam. I then went back across the city in rush hour to their place in Westbury in Trym, as I got in the door their house phone was ringing so I answered it to find it was them confirming they had landed in the Netherlands!

Bit sad to be missing Birmingham and Brentford this season but will be listening when I can. And what is it with us and Preston, that's at least twice in a row we've had them on a Tuesday night.

Yep.... several seasons running I have got back to Chepstow from Reading around the same time I would normally get back from a game at AG......

4 hours ago, Coppello said:

I just checked the website and noticed that there are around 250 tickets still available. I am pretty surprised we haven't sold out already given the small allocation offered at Brentford. When I purchased my tickets last week there were still 450 free so we're not shifting them too quickly. 

That's just the terrace section you're looking at, there's a seating section as well. 1,300 sold near enough, I think to sell it out would be a great effort in midweek. Much better than the Brum effort.

9 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

And if you finish work after 5 and need to be up at 6 the following morn?

Reading would be more feasible for a weeknight, but noooooooooooooo

7 hours ago, RedM said:

Think it might be 3 now, didn't we draw up there the first year in the Champ?

FWIW Birmingham is as bad for public transport to/from away games, you couldn't even get back from Forest by train if you leave at full time.

Home games are fun finishing work at 5 too! :blink:

I've ordered my tickets today for Brentford away next week. I work away from home so I'm banking on them turning up in the post ok perhaps on Saturday

I assume if they don't, I will speak to the ticket office or do I chance it and go to Griffin Park with my proof of purchase emails?

Also does anyone have any good recomendations for parking near Griffin Park at all?

Sorry for the lame questions ladies and gents, but I'm sure someone out there can give me a sensible reply!!

Thanks

9 hours ago, Eastred said:

I've ordered my tickets today for Brentford away next week. I work away from home so I'm banking on them turning up in the post ok perhaps on Saturday

I assume if they don't, I will speak to the ticket office or do I chance it and go to Griffin Park with my proof of purchase emails?

Also does anyone have any good recomendations for parking near Griffin Park at all?

Sorry for the lame questions ladies and gents, but I'm sure someone out there can give me a sensible reply!!

Thanks

Through experience, it's all residential parking around the ground.ive been informed car parks about 1mile away from ground. 

• Admin
18 hours ago, Eastred said:

I've never been to Brentford. I'm thinking of going. Any recommendations whether train or car is best? If it's car does anyone have recomendations for parking? Thanks

@Eastred To be honest have been by both forms of transport and they are both very easy - where are you travelling from?

Archived