IGNORED

Alec Eisenträger

Port Said Red

Never saw him play (I'm 29) but loved hearing his story from my Dad or from reading an old City legends book of my Dad's. Became my favourite retired player after Atyeo.

Thanks for the stories and increasing my knowledge of the club @Arthur.

Thanks for sticking around the club and becoming one of the greats Alois.

53 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

What number did he play in? Can we the fans sort a minutes applause amongst ourselves. 

That would be good with pic on the screen. Probably No.7. Winger? Dad took me to my first game approx '58 so Alec may have been playing but I don't remember & not able to ask Dad. Will have to dig into City history records.

Up the Robins. I'm old enough to remember that!

On 8/12/2017 at 13:36, cider head said:

RIP Alec pictured here with Bristol City 1949 team mates and the year the first version of the Robin badge was used on the shirts and the year the Supporters club was born..

IMG_3391.JPG

Love the picture, the year I was born. Gosh they look a tough group of footballers.Thinking about it it was just 3 years after the 2nd world war and they all must have been through so much. As others have said it says so much about Alex being German and had the strength of character to want to play football in England.

Gutted to hear this, can remember the chats i use to have with him around his sons house also the laughs i had with him and Paddy Hale gas player in the triangle Clevedon, Alex use to say Paddy couldn't catch him.Two great players who gave everything for not a lot of money,Paddy use to porter at Frenchey during summer, Regards to Ian And Andy and family  

Archived