IGNORED

BCTV+ (Internet Explorer users)

AdamB

All, 

A lot of work has taken place behind the scenes to ensure no repeat of Tuesday night's disruption. 

One thing I want to flag up to overseas users, the strict DRM (digital rights management) used to protect the international video stream is not compatible with Internet Explorer. 

Our records show this affects about 8% of users currently. Instead, it is suggested that either Edge, Firefox or Chrome is used to watch live. 

We'll put this info on the appropriate web pages too.

As ever, any issues on a matchday, please email support on bristolcitysupport@streamamg.com. 

Regards

Adam

39 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

Internet Explorer still exists?

It does , and for that reason it's the scourge of web developers all over the globe. A surprising percentage of site visitors still use it. It's the Penny Farthing of browsers.

• The topic was pinned

Hi Adam. After initial Internet Explorer related issues I was very impressed with the service and I am looking forward to this afternoon. My only suggestion would be a display of the score and minutes played but I know others have said similar. We'll done and thanks for setting up such a system to provide overseas reds with access to live matches.

Hi Adam

You could be in for another rocky afternoon! 

I have just paid for the Audio feed (and payment was acknowledged) and when I try to log in to the Audio feed or BCTV I cannot get past the "My Account" page. This is true in both Chrome and Firefox. I took the advice you gave above  - and emailed  bristolcitysupport@streamamg.com  to ask for advice and my email was returned as undeliverable!

Can you help please?

Regards

Rob

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

What about Safari? That's what I use on my iPad 

I'm pretty sure when membership options came out video links were not available on tablets. Not sure about the commentary though. 

36 minutes ago, New2City said:

That was my question as well, if purchasing the video included the audio as well, and if I could listen to the audio on my iPhone. 

You can listen to audio. On your iPhone.... trouble is that's all you can do. You can't send a text or view the web.... not very "smart phone" and a bit of a backwards step on last year. 

Feels poor quality and a bit of a rip off. Can this be improved? Or is there some sort of work-around? @AdamB I did mention this on a previous thread but don't remember seeing an answer. Thanks. 

I have payed for both video and audio, audio wasn't available vs Plymouth unless I subscribed, and yes you can get audio on yer mobile.

one more thing, when you login from your phone the only option I can click on is the video, Well I was in work so I wanted the audio only and there is no button for audio only video, the only way I could log in to audio was going on here to Adams thread and click the audio link from his message.

can we have a audio and video button on phones please.

really cant be that hard can it.

woke in the middle of the night here and so got up and watched the second half - was thinking it wasn't worth it until Bobby popped up with seconds to go. Great to be able to watch and quality of stream for me last night was great. looking forward to Saturday already!

@AdamB Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I paid my £45.00 for listening to matches from the start of the season. So far I have only been able to listen to ha;f a match from all games played.

And that was only because someone put it on OTB regarding the problem which is still out standing.

When logging on clicking for the live audio it takes me back to log in....there is nothing wrong with my laptop as it worked for that half a game. Can you shed some light on this please?

Many thanks

Paul

On 15 August 2017 at 20:23, Mendip City said:

You can listen to audio. On your iPhone.... trouble is that's all you can do. You can't send a text or view the web.... not very "smart phone" and a bit of a backwards step on last year. 

Feels poor quality and a bit of a rip off. Can this be improved? Or is there some sort of work-around? @AdamB I did mention this on a previous thread but don't remember seeing an answer. Thanks. 

Fully agree. I have the same issue on my iPad  - once you start listening to audio you can't  do anything  else without losing the connection. Need to watch Sky Sports on the TV to get updates of other matches

It's really poor - the club needs to launch an app version of this software which will stay open regardless of what your doing on your phone or tablet. 

The current offering isn't fit for purpose to be honest, all it does is slaughters your battery because the screen stays illuminated whilst listening to the game.

If you try to lock you phone to get round this issue, you lose the feed, if you try to send a txt, you lose the feed, if you try to look at your email, you lose the feed. 

@AdamB can you see what the reoccurring theme is here......or have you lost your feed?

Archived