IGNORED

BCTV+ (Internet Explorer users)

AdamB

2 hours ago, SuperFly2002 said:

It's really poor - the club needs to launch an app version of this software which will stay open regardless of what your doing on your phone or tablet. 

The current offering isn't fit for purpose to be honest, all it does is slaughters your battery because the screen stays illuminated whilst listening to the game.

If you try to lock you phone to get round this issue, you lose the feed, if you try to send a txt, you lose the feed, if you try to look at your email, you lose the feed. 

@AdamB can you see what the reoccurring theme is here......or have you lost your feed?

This is the second thread/time I've raised the issue but no response.... as yet.  As you say not fit for purpose, it should work in the say way any app and just run in the background.  I'm tempted to as for a refund and knock it on the head. Shame as this has become the only way I can listen to games when I can't make it home (living 200+ miles away). 

Irony is they use the BBC's commentary and look how good BBC apps are for radio and TV coverage. 

App

Apologies, I have answered this question on OTIB before, but I think BCTV has just got splintered into some many different threads it may have been overlooked.

We were told very late by the EFL which App was officially approved to carry the very detailed security involved in streaming games, which left us - and other clubs outside of the deal - playing catch up somewhat. That one company is now charging an extortionate fee for their services!

It is on our agenda and something we want to introduce but I don't have an ETA at this stage.

BCFC in my DNA

I believe Richard Pepper from our digital team has come back to you now? If this isn't the case, please email me on adam.baker@bcfc.co.uk and we'll get this sorted.

Leadman

Yes for non-live video streamed games, those with a video subscription will get access to audio commentary.

Under the BCTV tab on the home page there are direct links to the video streaming and audio commentary pages. Maybe worth bookmarking for easy use in work ;-)

18 minutes ago, AdamB said:

App

Apologies, I have answered this question on OTIB before, but I think BCTV has just got splintered into some many different threads it may have been overlooked.

We were told very late by the EFL which App was officially approved to carry the very detailed security involved in streaming games, which left us - and other clubs outside of the deal - playing catch up somewhat. That one company is now charging an extortionate fee for their services!

It is on our agenda and something we want to introduce but I don't have an ETA at this stage.

BCFC in my DNA

I believe Richard Pepper from our digital team has come back to you now? If this isn't the case, please email me on adam.baker@bcfc.co.uk and we'll get this sorted.

Leadman

Yes for non-live video streamed games, those with a video subscription will get access to audio commentary.

Under the BCTV tab on the home page there are direct links to the video streaming and audio commentary pages. Maybe worth bookmarking for easy use in work ;-)

@AdamB are there any plans for an app going forward as there are many issues with the current offering?

As people have paid good money for something which currently isnt fit for purpose, is the club considering refunding people's money until the product is stable and fit for purpose?

Don't  get me wrong, there's nothing I like more than listening to your dulcet tones on a match day, but I would also like to keep half an eye on twitter and other match day score lines. 

Use a lap top I hear you say......that'd be great, but I'm currently in Cyprus on holiday and didn't bring one......short sighted I know :laugh:

6 hours ago, AdamB said:

App

BCFC in my DNA

Leadman

Presumably subscription fees were calculated around the club having to pay for an App? Does this mean we will be due a partial refund?

I'm not normally one to moan at the club, but as others have said, the service is a downgrade on last season (in fact it's barely fit for purpose) and yet is somehow more expensive.

2 hours ago, red as **** said:

Presumably subscription fees were calculated around the club having to pay for an App? Does this mean we will be due a partial refund?

I'm not normally one to moan at the club, but as others have said, the service is a downgrade on last season (in fact it's barely fit for purpose) and yet is somehow more expensive.

No, the subscription fees were set by the EFL, nothing to do with an App. As I've already stated, we aim to introduce an App in due course but unfortunately as the EFL in their infinite wisdom decided to only approve one specific app on the eve of the season, it has left us a little snookered.

There are elements we're quickly looking to improve, but to describe the service as barely fit for purpose is puzzling when - for the first time ever - hundreds of supporters are now able to watch live legal streams of our league matches around the globe, while thousands listen to the online commentary.

If you wish to get a refund, drop me an email and I'll get the team to sort that for you. 

Regards

Adam

3 hours ago, BCFC in my DNA 1957 said:

@AdamB

heard nothing as yet but its early days...I'll give it until tomorrow then I will contact you by email.

Many thanks 

Paul

Ah apologies, I had you confused with a different Paul! Yes, please drop me a mail. 

Adam

8 hours ago, SuperFly2002 said:

@AdamB are there any plans for an app going forward as there are many issues with the current offering?

As people have paid good money for something which currently isnt fit for purpose, is the club considering refunding people's money until the product is stable and fit for purpose?

Don't  get me wrong, there's nothing I like more than listening to your dulcet tones on a match day, but I would also like to keep half an eye on twitter and other match day score lines. 

Use a lap top I hear you say......that'd be great, but I'm currently in Cyprus on holiday and didn't bring one......short sighted I know :laugh:

Yes, as I've stated previously, there are plans to introduce an app somewhere down the line. 

In the meantime, we're working on fixing that issue for iPhone streaming of audio commentary which prevents you from multi-tasking. Will post details when I have it.

Adam

Thanks for the reply Adam, I hadn't realised the fees were set by EFL.

I'm also glad to hear the multi-tasking thing might be sorted soon as that's my main bugbear, and something the previous App had sorted.

I certainly wouldn't want a full refund as it is a service that I have used since its conception and something I rely on....probably why I find it so frustrating.

11 hours ago, AdamB said:

App

BCFC in my DNA

Leadman

Has the club asked a law firm for advice on extent to which abuse of a dominant position may apply here from either EFL or the App provider, and whether that can be used to unlock the behaviours?

[Which if shown may lead to: damages awarded to City / other clubs in same boat - court orders to cease current behaviours - orders to open up API or feeds]

I have been listening to games since moving to the U.S. back in 2000.  I thought that ability was great then.  

Being able to now watch live games via a computer linked to a widescreen tv is a huge leap forward and I am extremely grateful that this is now available.  My Saturday mornings have become even better than ever.

In addition, simply hearing the stadium noise and not having commentators is an improvement and allows me to feel like I am really there.

So, a massive thank you from me.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived