IGNORED

QPR will not take part in £25:00p reciprocal ticket deals

Never to the dark side

2 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I agree with QPR.  Why would you let another club dictate your pricing model.  Get stuffed Ipswich.

Umm... because it helps your own fans that make the effort to support their team away from home?  Seems fairly obvious.

I hope Ipswich offer them QPR no hospitality whatsoever, in their shoes I'd charge their non playing staff, directors and the like a grand each.

8 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Umm... because it helps your own fans that make the effort to support their team away from home?  Seems fairly obvious.

I hope Ipswich offer them QPR no hospitality whatsoever, in their shoes I'd charge their non playing staff, directors and the like a grand each.

That's not the point.  It's a club trying to get another club to change their pricing policy.  That can ONLY ever be a decision for each club to make in their own right.  Hope we never bend to such demands.

28 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

That's not the point.  It's a club trying to get another club to change their pricing policy.  That can ONLY ever be a decision for each club to make in their own right.  Hope we never bend to such demands.

Of course it's the point.  It's a club asking if another club would like to do something that mutually benefits both sets of fans, and the other club saying no, screw our fans.  It's not a demand, it's a reasonable and sensible request.  By turning it down they show contempt for their own fans.  Not really a surprise in QPR's case, twas ever thus.  

15 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Of course it's the point.  It's a club asking if another club would like to do something that mutually benefits both sets of fans, and the other club saying no, screw our fans.  It's not a demand, it's a reasonable and sensible request.  By turning it down they show contempt for their own fans.  Not really a surprise in QPR's case, twas ever thus.  

Looking at it more objectively, no doubt each club has management accountants who sit down each year and work out a budget, to determine players wages etc. That would be based on all income including projected match income comprising X seats sold at £Y pounds. 

It might benefit fans of both clubs to sell away tickets cheaper, but if they could afford to do that, it would be a better idea to reduce home fans prices, not away fans surely. That would be a direct benefit to the clubs fans instead of an indirect one.

All the reactions so far seem knee jerk. Consider pricing in the bigger picture. If this deal was extended to all matches (as you may favour) it could have a major budgetary impact. Yes of course we'd all like all tickets to be cheaper, but that's a different and bigger argument.

54 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

What because I disagree with you?  

Probably because you don't really seem to understand what it is you are agreeing or disagreeing with.

My guess is you posted without reading the article, subsequently read it when challenged and - rather than admit you understood - are trying to defend a position you did not mean to take.

If you had read the article and links within it, you would know that Ipswich are not attempting to dictate to any club what they charge for tickets. All they have done is written to clubs with a suggestion. The people pushing QPR to accept it are QPR's supporters club. You MIGHT feel a supporters' club should not be dictating to the club they support what they charge for tickets - and that's your opinion and you are welcome to it - but to suggest a club is dictating to another club just shows you have either not read the article or not understood it.

Just now, Leveller said:

Looking at it more objectively, no doubt each club has management accountants who sit down each year and work out a budget, to determine players wages etc. That would be based on all income including projected match income comprising X seats sold at £Y pounds. 

It might benefit fans of both clubs to sell away tickets cheaper, but if they could afford to do that, it would be a better idea to reduce home fans prices, not away fans surely. That would be a direct benefit to the clubs fans instead of an indirect one.

All the reactions so far seem knee jerk. Consider pricing in the bigger picture. If this deal was extended to all matches (as you may favour) it could have a major budgetary impact. Yes of course we'd all like all tickets to be cheaper, but that's a different and bigger argument.

Doing it for away fans makes more sense because they have disproportionately high costs and are often the most loyal. It costs less to do because numbers are lower, you reward those most deserving and you get the best bang for your buck in goodwill. It's a tiny cost in comparison to everything else. 

4 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

why is it more expensive to run QPR's ground than everyone else's?:dunno:

To be fair, they have a smaller ground than ours (about 18, 000 I think) and presumably pay London prices for policing, wages and other match day costs. I can understand why they are operating under tougher constraints.

That said, the same is true of Brentford and they charge under £25.

Archived