IGNORED

How Much!!

Grey Fox

8 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

As I live in East Sussex , although I would prefer to be at the Birmingham game, today my wife and I are of to see the Brighton v Man City match. Price of two ordinary tickets £100. For those hopeing for promotion, be careful what you wish for. 

That's reasonable for a PL match. 

27 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

As I live in East Sussex , although I would prefer to be at the Birmingham game, today my wife and I are of to see the Brighton v Man City match. Price of two ordinary tickets £100. For those hopeing for promotion, be careful what you wish for. 

Expensive, yes. But if people are willing to pay it....

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Expensive, yes. But if people are willing to pay it....

The only problem with this for me is the considerations for people that were supporting them at Withdean between 92 and 97 when they were plummeting through the leagues - if these people are now priced out it would be wrong.

Just now, Pezo said:

The only problem with this for me is the considerations for people that were supporting them at Withdean between 92 and 97 when they were plummeting through the leagues - if these people are now priced out it would be wrong.

Some of them will be priced out, and you'd like to think a family/community club like Brighton would be able to reward loyalty and rinse the johhny-come-lately* fans who are only there to watch the opposition.

*always wanted to write that and have never had the opportunity before.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Some of them will be priced out, and you'd like to think a family/community club like Brighton would be able to reward loyalty and rinse the johhny-come-lately* fans who are only there to watch the opposition.

*always wanted to write that and have never had the opportunity before.

Great use of "Johnny come lately"! May I add "parvenus"?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

:facepalm:.........z z z z z z z z z z ...........:sleeping:

You're coming across as a right old supercilious 'I'm alright Jack' type  RR, ..... not everyone retires with a nice little NHS pension (from the good old days, when pensions were pensions) and a few bob in the bank... 

It's clear that the price of football in this country has risen and continues to rise out of all reasonable proportion, and many many traditional supporters are becoming increasingly priced out... that is sad, and should be resisted not flippantly condoned by those who are lucky enough to be able to pay up... just because you can, doesn't mean you should, so bigger off with your sarcastic posts of multiple rows of Zeds.

(Thought your professional background was of the caring variety, expected better from you for that reason, its attitudes like that that enables big business in all walks of life to exploit situations and profit greatly, if European leagues can produce good standards of football for reasonable stadium charges, why can't Britains?)

Sorry, hope that makes sense, felt a little rant in support of the less well off but equally important supporter was justified. BOO!!

7 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

You're coming across as a right old supercilious 'I'm alright Jack' type  RR, ..... not everyone retires with a nice little NHS pension (from the good old days, when pensions were pensions) and a few bob in the bank... 

It's clear that the price of football in this country has risen and continues to rise out of all reasonable proportion, and many many traditional supporters are becoming increasingly priced out... that is sad, and should be resisted not flippantly condoned by those who are lucky enough to be able to pay up... just because you can, doesn't mean you should, so bigger off with your sarcastic posts of multiple rows of Zeds.

(Thought your professional background was of the caring variety, expected better from you for that reason, its attitudes like that that enables big business in all walks of life to exploit situations and profit greatly, if European leagues can produce good standards of football for reasonable stadium charges, why can't Britains?)

Sorry, hope that makes sense, felt a little rant in support of the less well off but equally important supporter was justified. BOO!!

FFS.

Can't you and Robbored just bury the hatchet?!

Jes'.

:disapointed2se:

tfj :P

24 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I am going to Spurs v Chelsea next weekend, Spurs end is £45 for front of top tier (closer to the middle!).

The prawn and dill mayo sandwiches (on rye) are ASTRONOMICAL at Spurs.

£45 will just about buy two of them - if you are prepared to accept a paper napkin instead of a nice linen one.

:shocking:

tfj

46 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

WH you were splitting semantic hairs and imv that wasn't necessary.

Thats why you got a :facepalm: and a :sleeping:.

Nothing to do whatsoever with anyone's economic situation.

9 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

Am currently travelling back to Brighton from Birmingham. Booked trains early and paid £26 for the match ticket. Don't think I paid much more than £50 in total and got to see the team I support! 

The Amex has never been a cheap ground to get into and it's only going to get worse. 

Get back to following city!

9 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Start watching Lewes FC who play st the Dripping Pan. Just up the road from Brighton's ground and much cheaper.  

My son use to play for their U18s in their Conference South days, so ive seen them alot over the years, trouble is the current side are dire. But you can.have a pint whilst watching the game, so thats OK.

Brentford tuesday, can not wait

Archived