IGNORED

Boycott

hoxton casual

Jesus christ, there are some blind people posting on this forum.  How obvious does someone have to be before  people get he is just being a little bit sarcastic towards the more impatient on this board.

I really  do wonder what some people read into these comments sometimes, its like there has be a complete and utter sense of humour bypass., or complete ignorance to what has been posted on this forum in the past.

Its not even subtle humour, its right there in your face. 

Hey ho, completely waste on people Hoxton!

You better put a disclaimer in your posts from now on!

Obviously taking the piss, some need to get a grip. On a complete tangent, and don't know if it's been mentioned, but the live FB streams today were brilliant. Fair play to those that make the effort when they don't need to and it probably detracts from their own entertainment. I raised my can to you when sitting on the bus ,with 4 kids, on the way to Ashton Court! Cheers 

12 hours ago, AboveCat said:

Having read the original post again, I assume this was meant in jest.... or I at least hope so! 

Of course it was. That's blindingly obvious, yet loads of people have taken it seriously and been embarrassingly whooshed.

14 hours ago, funky monkey said:

yep proper****. got to say that even after a defeat I'm still optimistic  going into the next game.

This is the city fan DNA. Despite a season where we played quite well but invariably lost away games by the odd goal. Same thing happens again yet this leads to some expecting a miraculously different outcome in the next game.

I will be pleasantly surprised if we get anything at Brentford. They are better than Brum and we are likely to be a bit tired from all the pressing and movement yesterday.

17 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

I am not one of LJ's biggest fans if you have read any of my older posts. However, cant see the problem. Played well today without being clinical enough. 61% possession, 25 shots, 10 corners.... as an away side that is pretty impressive. first half we were well on top and they scored a good but lucky goal really. Ball bouncing around, not properly cleared... Second goal was a great strike after we gave the ball away and midfield was too open. Other than those goals we weren't really in any kind of trouble and had defended quite well.

IMO, this was a very good away performance without the luck we deserved. We deserved at least 1 point. Bobby misses a sitter and hits the post. If those go in we would be cheering a great win! If we play like that we will win more than we lose. I thought we went too long in the second half and did not get the ball into Dhiedhou enough on the ground. In the first half he was almost unplayable. Smith and Patterson need to do more for me and we do need a new GK. Other than that, I though we were unlucky. Too early to be writing off Johnson. In fact, I am quite excited that we are close to having a very good team. I think we need that GK and a dominant ball winning midfielder to compliment Pack. No reason for any City fan to be negative. Quite the opposite.

Agree with this. Need to improve the conversion rate 25 shots on goal but only 3 on target is poor but at least we're creating the chances. I thought we didn't come out the blocks quick enough at the start of the second half and sloppy in possession giving them the momentum. Some of our football first half though was great to watch , if we had that fox in the box type striker I think we could have a very entertaining season.  

20 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

I'm boycotting after that performance. LJ hasn't got a clue and SL refuses to act. Atrocious.

35 likes....Really! Sigh!....Can we let it all go now, last season is done....Mind Thatch35 (now that is irony) is still fair game! :laugh:!

17 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Too many Americans support us by the looks of it.

Really, how many do we have?

24 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

On the subject thereof (Americans)  I love those Talksport ads featuring Donald Trump  for the live commentary games. They are so good..

and hey, guess what?     it's gonna be great!

27 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Are you one of them?  I guess this is an 'irony', 'Alanis Morisette' type dig at the yanks.

The definition is below and I'm not convinced the OP was either humorous or emphatic.

irony1
ˈʌɪrəni/
noun
  1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Are you one of them?  I guess this is an 'irony', 'Alanis Morisette' type dig at the yanks.

The definition is below and I'm not convinced the OP was either humorous or emphatic.

irony1
ˈʌɪrəni/
noun
  1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

I know one person in the States or in the UK that was not a City fan/from Brizz but identifies as an American who supports us!

20 hours ago, TRL said:

Jesus christ, there are some blind people posting on this forum.  How obvious does someone have to be before  people get he is just being a little bit sarcastic towards the more impatient on this board.

I really  do wonder what some people read into these comments sometimes, its like there has be a complete and utter sense of humour bypass., or complete ignorance to what has been posted on this forum in the past.

Its not even subtle humour, its right there in your face. 

Hey ho, completely waste on people Hoxton!

You better put a disclaimer in your posts from now on!

It's not humour at all, quite clearly not a serious post but also not funny either

6 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It's not humour at all, quite clearly not a serious post but also not funny either

It's not your idea of humour.

Everyone has a different idea of what constitutes humour.

Was it funny to me... not really. Did I recognise it was sarcastic humour... Yes so I took it in the way it was meant rather than get all arsey about it.

Archived