IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Championship top scorer

Jack Dawe

But no strikers were on the pitch!!! LJ out!! 

Some serious overreaction on here tonight. Brentford a good side on a night game and they've lost their first two. Lucky to get a point but our team isn't bad. Still so early. Give them the 8-10 matches you said you would please. Took too long to make changes tonight but he's also made Bobby a striker. Good and bad just give them and LJ a few more games before we talk about how bad they are please 

Just trying to add a bit of realism to the thread. Yes he was in the right place but I doubt his goals scored yardage doesn't make the 18 yard box. Each goal he has had time with and pretty much an open goal. When under pressure he still rushes his shot and misses a fair amount of good opportunities. I'm hoping given games he develops the composure under pressure to his game but let's not get to carried away just yet. 

No, we should have got rid of him.

Johnson is clueless.

Fancy playing Bobby Reid as a striker.

He can't shoot for toffee.

I mean he's only scored four in the first three games, he missed a couple of sitters, and should have scored at least six!!!

And whilst I'm on it, bloody Feilding's another that's useless.

Get rid of him as well!!!

3 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

Just trying to add a bit of realism to the thread. Yes he was in the right place but I doubt his goals scored yardage doesn't make the 18 yard box. Each goal he has had time with and pretty much an open goal. When under pressure he still rushes his shot and misses a fair amount of good opportunities. I'm hoping given games he develops the composure under pressure to his game but let's not get to carried away just yet. 

Not sure Tammy scored many from outside the 6 yard box last year and that didn't go to badly for him!

6 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

Took about 10 goals until that was the case with Tammy.

1 minute ago, otib118 said:

Not sure Tammy scored many from outside the 6 yard box last year and that didn't go to badly for him!

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Just like Tammy then. 

Tammys been a striker his whole career. Reid has been thrust upon this position this season. I'm not in anyway shape or form driving one into Bobby with my comments - I'm just saying let's not get ahead of ourselves and think that he will be the one to replace tammys goals based on 4 tap ins.

Tap-ins are the sign of a great finisher, so many seasons we have'nt had that. Then last season Tammy showed us what we'd been missing and Bobby is carrying on the good work.

for me a tap-in from a striker is as satisfying as a wonder goal. Ask Lineker or Ian Wright. 

1 minute ago, Saunders87 said:

Tammys been a striker his whole career. Reid has been thrust upon this position this season. I'm not in anyway shape or form driving one into Bobby with my comments - I'm just saying let's not get ahead of ourselves and think that he will be the one to replace tammys goals based on 4 tap ins.

I get what your saying but Bobby who like Tammy is getting into the right positions to score these tap ins. 

I think that is the hardest thing to learn for a striker so Bobby is doing well by being in the right place each game. 

2 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

For heaven's sake, tap ins are what many a good striker scores. Or used to score - perhaps you are too young to have seen Gerd Muller, one of the greatest of all time? He didn't score a lot of 30 yard volleys.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

For heaven's sake, tap ins are what many a good striker scores. Or used to score - perhaps you are too young to have seen Gerd Muller, one of the greatest of all time? He didn't score a lot of 30 yard volleys.

Tbf I'm a young 'un, never seen Gerd Muller.

I love a long range goal, Plymouth with 4 from outside the box was a real treat. But as satisfying as they are, they count exactly the same as a scuffed tap in from 2 yards that bobbles over a defenders foot.

50 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Brilliant from Bobby! Definitely need a striker in though, can't rely on him for the whole season! Scared LJ won't see the need for a striker and then Bobbys form will drop off! Keep him on his toes!!! Well done though, on fire at the moment

Would LJ's "I'm trying to bring in another striker" not suggest that he can see the need for another striker..?!

20 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Even earlier, neither did Jimmy Greaves.

One of Reids biggest assets is he just does not tire. He remains constant the whole game and is still running at pace during the final minutes of a game. Because he shows no signs of tiring he seems to also keep concentration and focus to the whistle when a lot of the team are making mistakes, tired and not making runs (or have enough in their legs to make them effective). I thought he played well in midfield in a AMC slot, and it's nice to see him getting a chance even further forward. Would be nice to have one of our lads continue to up his game and go onto greater things - it's been a while.

I'm a Bobbie fan but he was poor tonight. If I was a Championship centre back I would lose very little sleep over facing him. I really want him to do well because he's an academy boy and is city through and through. However, do people really think he causes the opposition enough problems??

Archived