IGNORED

They're just waiting for it...

SStandUp

2 hours ago, tts_city said:

I have to ask did you watch it ? Our goalmouth was doing a good impression of the alamo. I dont think we lost undesevedly at brum we were outhought by a better manager.

@Wanderingred is no fan of LJ and gave him more than one kicking last season. He's not defending LJ here, just pointing out inconsistency.

I don't think it was necessary to go to the match to realise that we were lucky, anyone could see that.

As to your Alamo analogy. The Texians lost and City didn't.

Maybe a better analogy would have been Rorke's Drift and maybe FF deserves all the plaudits for giving a spirited defence?

new season new team new start. personally glad we stood by LC 4 points from 2 away matches and 1 home is not a disaster and could easily have been 6 had we taken our chances at Birmingham. Last night Brentford did not take there's and we showed good fight to equalise in 98th minute. Like the energy and attitude of this team. Roll on Saturday.

I just find it ironic that some of the 'negative' posters were saying to 'wait 10 games' after of win against Barnsley.

All it's taken for them is the first poor performance of the season, in a game we didn't even lose to meltdown!

I can bet that if we'd have won our first ten games there'd be posters with negative things to say.

8 hours ago, ForeverRes said:

Anyone else feel like a large number of City fans are just waiting for it to go wrong?

We got outplayed by a team that is realistically better than us, a well established championship team.  When their 2nd went in, social media went into absolute Meltdown, and the Johnson out folk seemed to be clearing their throats (despite us being very impressive this year).

There just seems to be a massive reluctance to like Johnson. Maybe it's because he proved people wrong at the back end of last year and left them red faces? But even when he first joined, there's this uneasy feeling towards Johnson? 

We weren't great tonight, but we were playing one of he better footballing teams in the league and despite the obviously deluded majority, we're not going to outplay everyone.

I personally feel very good about this season, LJ has got us playing some unbelievable stuff, some of the best many of us have seen in years.

But there's still a reluctance of some sort. Shame, because the blokes devoted his love for the club and I can really see us building something good under him! 

Up the City. 

We were trashed by a "small club" and we could probably buy the whole Brentford team with what LJ has spent in a few seasons, and we as fans are entitled to our opinions even if it is believing we are not as good as many think we are.

Very impressive this year? :facepalm: avoiding relegation by 3 points and running around and passing for half games you mean? some of the decisions the management team have made are a joke imo. Flinty, Wilbs, Engvall, Tomlin in LJ out. :shifty:

8 hours ago, ForeverRes said:

Anyone else feel like a large number of City fans are just waiting for it to go wrong?

We got outplayed by a team that is realistically better than us, a well established championship team.  When their 2nd went in, social media went into absolute Meltdown, and the Johnson out folk seemed to be clearing their throats (despite us being very impressive this year).

There just seems to be a massive reluctance to like Johnson. Maybe it's because he proved people wrong at the back end of last year and left them red faces? But even when he first joined, there's this uneasy feeling towards Johnson? 

We weren't great tonight, but we were playing one of he better footballing teams in the league and despite the obviously deluded majority, we're not going to outplay everyone.

I personally feel very good about this season, LJ has got us playing some unbelievable stuff, some of the best many of us have seen in years.

But there's still a reluctance of some sort. Shame, because the blokes devoted his love for the club and I can really see us building something good under him! 

Up the City. 

My take on it is a sell out last night and all fans around me thought we were shite!! But it didn't stop any of us going mental when Bobby did his stuff at the death. Can't see anything wrong in pointing out last nights performance was poor and tactically we were second best. It happens, and it definitely did last night!!!

1 hour ago, megansdad said:

new season new team new start. personally glad we stood by LC 4 points from 2 away matches and 1 home is not a disaster and could easily have been 6 had we taken our chances at Birmingham. Last night Brentford did not take there's and we showed good fight to equalise in 98th minute. Like the energy and attitude of this team. Roll on Saturday.

We could "easily" got nothing last night; a proven goalscorer in this league brought in would have made the difference a mistake by LJ, also having one of the best defenders not even on the bench is a big mistake; Flinty would run through brick walls for us, whether he`s looking to make more money before he finishes or not, its also madness to send a goalscorer away to another team instead of sitting him on the bench at least, it would give us another option and fresh legs while our 5million pound man "gets up to speed"

Yes we run around a lot but that makes you tired and it seems to be the only plan we have.

3 games played. W L D, new season. This is a result buisness, last season we avoid relegation. SL did not sack LJ, the teams that where relegated all sacked their manager. Think its far to early to say we will be relegated or top dix, midtable. Ok, outplayed yesterday but still we got a draw. My nature is optimistic and I think we will be midtable. Remember many years ago we best Leicester away 1-0, think Ivan scored. GJ said Leicester could won 7-0. Football is football, Millwall home  at saturday, think and hope we will win. We will se where we are in table after 10 games. Coyr!!!

8 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Sorry but already Eliasson is the forgotten man after one week.

He isn't 

Hegeler was signed to build a team around according to LJ, chucked in at the back then dropped.

He'll get games this season, he was always going to be dropped for Baker eventually 

Ignores the fact that we have sold a schemer in a Tomlin and not replaced him with anyone creative.

Despite a poor performance last night, we are scoring goals, don't think we miss him particularly.

We look like a team of workers which is nice if you like that sort of thing but we do lack dominant players particularly away from home.

We've played badly for 1 and a half games out of 3. Let's see if it's the same after 10.

LJ is here for the long haul even if we finish 4th bottom so we had better get used to it.  You can't blame the fans for being frustrated after taking big numbers to both games.

Don't think people are 'frustrated' as such, but concerned we've still got the same issues as last season

I was there at both and feel disappointed with one point when we have a tough run coming up after Millwall.

4 points from 3 games (2 away) is very respectable really.

Brentford FC with their support, stadium and budget should not be outplaying us like Barcelona!

It doesn't matter how big or small a club they are, they're a good side with very good recruitment. 

As ever a bizarre collection of points.

21 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Thing is Johnson was under massive pressure from the start. Its not as if last season is forgotten....there is no fresh start or honeymoon period this time around. He needs to ensure City's home form is solid, starting with Millwall on Saturday. This is kind of a must win game for him already.....I say kind of because the fixtures after Saturday are daunting. Let's see where City after the Burton game at home. That's when I will keep the faith (LJ out) or change my mind (maybe!).

You truly are clueless if you think that the millwall game is a ' must win game' !!

It's only a must win game for all you negative deluded posters who want city to lose just so LJ can get the sack. 

Very strange way of supporting the team.

6 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

@Wanderingred is no fan of LJ and gave him more than one kicking last season. He's not defending LJ here, just pointing out inconsistency.

I don't think it was necessary to go to the match to realise that we were lucky, anyone could see that.

As to your Alamo analogy. The Texians lost and City didn't.

Maybe a better analogy would have been Rorke's Drift and maybe FF deserves all the plaudits for giving a spirited defence?

Inconsistency of what exactly ? Are we lumping everyone who has moaned about a match this season together and pretending they all have the same opinions ? I already said FF had a great performance, you also agree we were lucky which is all i said, so whats your point exactly ?

One more thing your analogy doesnt work either as we won the battle of rourkes drift, city didnt last night.

35 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Thing is Johnson was under massive pressure from the start. Its not as if last season is forgotten....there is no fresh start or honeymoon period this time around. He needs to ensure City's home form is solid, starting with Millwall on Saturday. This is kind of a must win game for him already.....I say kind of because the fixtures after Saturday are daunting. Let's see where City after the Burton game at home. That's when I will keep the faith (LJ out) or change my mind (maybe!).

Where do you sit Thatch35? Genuine question. :yawn:

******* hell. Here we go again.....

Last time I looked we were one won, drawn one, lost one. Scoring goals throughout the team. Ok opposition might not be promotion candidates and as we're on holiday we haven't been yet but isn't it too soon to draw any conclusions at the moment?

i like the fact that at 2-1 down we get a late equaliser. Compare that to the shit I watched last season stood amongst the Brentford fans and I'd say that's an improvement.

Early days. If you want quicker results then watch someone else.

11 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

The problem I have is since following city in 1975 we've never chucked money about like we are now but we're still on about surviving in the championship when we should be at least top 8

Since 1975 we've never had to spend big money just to keep up with all the relegated clubs who receive parachute payments. 

Of course you get the odd exception who survive on little or no budget, but generally, our spending doesn't give us an advantage, it just keeps us at a competitive level. 

3 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Last time I looked we were one won, drawn one, lost one. Scoring goals throughout the team. Ok opposition might not be promotion candidates and as we're on holiday we haven't been yet but isn't it too soon to draw any conclusions at the moment?

i like the fact that at 2-1 down we get a late equaliser. Compare that to the shit I watched last season stood amongst the Brentford fans and I'd say that's an improvement.

Agree, except I would be very surprised if Brentford aren't in the promotion mix come May. 

6 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Come on mate. We were poor last night. Outclassed by Brentford FC!!

47 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He isn't 

He'll get games this season, he was always going to be dropped for Baker eventually 

Despite a poor performance last night, we are scoring goals, don't think we miss him particularly.

We've played badly for 1 and a half games out of 3. Let's see if it's the same after 10.

Don't think people are 'frustrated' as such, but concerned we've still got the same issues as last season

4 points from 3 games (2 away) is very respectable really.

It doesn't matter how big or small a club they are, they're a good side with very good recruitment. 

As ever a bizarre collection of points.

Sorry but did you go last night? Did you???

9 hours ago, ForeverRes said:

Up the City. 

Johnson out

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

Is this the 5 minute argument or the full half hour? :whistle:

this one may last a lot longer sadly. Really dont understand the negativity. Think Famara looks a quality buy and we now have a settled system - cause I9 would have thought for optimism, but each to their own.

9 hours ago, hodge said:

Wrong, some of the abuse Johnson took last season on here and on social media was nothing short of disgusting. 

Agreed, and he weathered that. I'm not sure how much more can be thrown at him that he hasn't already heard. I do think people won't be half as patient this season though, he's used up his nine lives and wriggle room. He has started with a clean slate but people have their knives drawn already and some are already plunging them in with too much satisfaction. 

To the OP I get what you are trying to say, unfortunately our previous manager was extremely successful and well liked by the fans, the majority thought he was poorly treated when he was sacked . I ,like you , feel a few world genuinely like to see him fail and get sacked , maybe they weren't fans of him as a player, we need to make progress this season and that doesn't mean being 6points above the relegation zone 

10 hours ago, ForeverRes said:

Up the City. 

Here we go again. Playing unbelievable stuff like last night and the second half at Birmingham, who couldn't score or beat Bolton at home last night. And heartily tired of any criticism of Johnson who has achieved nothing in management being met by posts like this that have no basis in reality.

10 hours ago, tts_city said:

I want him to do well as he is the manager of my team but I cant get past the record run of defeats last year and a cluster of other bollox that are well documented. I cant wipe the slate clean im afraid, I dont like the man, either as a past city player or manager and i look forward to the day he is eventually sacked, it doesnt mean i support the team any less and I have pretty much given up slagging him off. The Lj love in brigade will probably slag me for the above but it is what it is, I will be around supporting city a long time after he has buggered off.

I agree,I hate Johnson as a coach,can't forgive what he put us through last season But as SL stated on Radio Bristol last night he won't be sacked.the board love him( for what reason I don't know).he's here for a the long term, us paying customers have to put up with it,

36 minutes ago, RedM said:

Agreed, and he weathered that. I'm not sure how much more can be thrown at him that he hasn't already heard. I do think people won't be half as patient this season though, he's used up his nine lives and wriggle room. He has started with a clean slate but people have their knives drawn already and some are already plunging them in with too much satisfaction. 

The disgusting abuse he received last season just makes me want him to succeed more.

I really think the mental capacity and reasoning of some of our fans must be dangerously low. Why would anything think it's acceptable to send vile abuse and even death threats to a football manager? He's just a guy trying to do his job - it's a game of football ffs.

Reasoned critique and questioning is fine, but some people really crossed the line last season.

Archived