IGNORED

Make no mistake

frenchred

That was a performance with relegation written all over it. A team and management bereft of ideas waiting for someone else or something to happen. A team set out by our management team who could not defend brentford,s wide players ( be ok at the gate as we narrowed the pitch!), A team set out with a midfield that could (a) not win the ball or keep up with the pace of the game in the centre and two wide(ish) players who looked like rabbits in headlights, added to that a powderpuff attack and absolutely nothing from the sidelines, either players to change the game or a coach who could. Would have probably settled for a point before the game but my god Brentford must be cursing, once our goal went in they battered us. Pisano looked ok in first half apart from hat struggling for any positives at all. A long hard season ahead, let's hope it ends with the (relative) success as last year, anyone lookling any higher I feel will be very disappointed.

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

Care to say why?

Simple, were we set to get promoted after the Barnsley game?

Your basing a whole season from one game so surely if you take the Barnsley game, we were set to win the league after we demolished them?

It's up there with the worst of an LJs sides performance and after his three windows and now almost £20m spent. 

Not exactly inspiring is it? Those who believe we will finish anywhere outside the bottom 8 are living in a dream world. I missed the Barnsley game but the last two I've watched and I see absolutely no difference to last season's debacle. 

2 minutes ago, pigeon said:

Your basing a whole season from one game so surely if you take the Barnsley game, we were set to win the league after we demolished them?

I think you should go to bed!

9 minutes ago, frenchred said:

That was a performance with relegation written all over it. A team and management bereft of ideas waiting for someone else or something to happen. A team set out by our management team who could not defend brentford,s wide players ( be ok at the gate as we narrowed the pitch!), A team set out with a midfield that could (a) not win the ball or keep up with the pace of the game in the centre and two wide(ish) players who looked like rabbits in headlights, added to that a powderpuff attack and absolutely nothing from the sidelines, either players to change the game or a coach who could. Would have probably settled for a point before the game but my god Brentford must be cursing, once our goal went in they battered us. Pisano looked ok in first half apart from hat struggling for any positives at all. A long hard season ahead, let's hope it ends with the (relative) success as last year, anyone lookling any higher I feel will be very disappointed.

Surely a cornerstone of a nailed on relegation performance is that you get 0 points?

1 minute ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

It's up there with the worst of an LJs sides performance and after his three windows and now almost £20m spent. 

Not exactly inspiring is it? Those who believe we will finish anywhere outside the bottom 8 are living in a dream world. I missed the Barnsley game but the last two I've watched and I see absolutely no difference to last season's debacle. 

Can't say I totally agree with all of the above, I thought the first half against Brum was one of the most enjoyable halfs I have witnessed in years, the second however was poor, we had no plan B...

what happened tonight though? Who ******* knows?!?

We were truly awful tonight. Brentford are a small club who have a far better transfer strategy and can spot talent and play great football. If we are judging city on performances tonight we would be relegated. There is a very large caveat and that is if Brentford ate ate one of the top sides but we don't know it because it is early days. If if it is true how do they get better players than us on their budgets. Marley Watkins who was reuted to be a city target ran rings round us

After being dominated in a game will worry any fan base. Particularly if they have seen it many times over two previous seasons.

These were two away games against good sides and it is still early days. I know people are worried that we can't hold a lead and get dominated but thats going to happen even top of the league get dominated in games by other opposition. Every team will throw away a lead this season and lose. 

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

We didn't play well but still got something, if that carries on we'll be nearer the top than the bottom. We had some games like this the season we got to the play-off final (remember Sheff W away early that season?)

Shed Wed last season was a great performance until the wheels came off after we missed that goal. We were awful from beginning to end tonight and Frankie kept us in it.

19 minutes ago, frenchred said:

No we didn't deserve anything out of the game tonight. But we did on Saturday so these things even out. 

As for positives am quite happy to list some:

Frankie Fielding

Another goal for bobby 

A second league goal for Bownhill

A league debut for Hinds 

A point where we seldom pick up any. 

Ok I had to think.... but to not see any positives other than EP is a blinkered view in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, allyolly said:

No we didn't deserve anything out of the game tonight. But we did on Saturday so these things even out. 

As for positives am quite happy to list some:

Frankie Fielding

Another goal for bobby 

A second league goal for Bownhill

A league debut for Hinds 

A point where we seldom pick up any. 

Ok I had to think.... but to not see any positives other than EP is a blinkered view in my opinion. 

You nailed all the positives except Owdwda made a real impact as well and it is good to be positive but the list of negatives is a long one. Johnson and Ashton need to get help with new striker cover and CM.

26 minutes ago, frenchred said:

An absolutely dire performance. Dire! Brentford totally outclassed us. Amazing how a club with limited budget and buy well and create an exciting, powerful and technically competent side. Not a fan of his but Frankie was outstanding and it was his point tonight. Why on Earth we don't bid for players like Sawyers and Watkins is beyond me. Vibe, Jota and Mcecheran were a level above. Great battling qualities to come back but we are seriously lacking creativity in that midfield. Smith and Pack are great guys but will not move us forward as a pairing. We simply need to push the boat out for a midfield maestro. Brentford had several. 

1 minute ago, hoxton casual said:

Frankie and Bobby outstanding (apart from Frankies kicking) but as a team terrible. they outclassed us all over the pitch and obviously have better transfer strategy.

Agreed. In fairness Baker, Wright and Joe were decent. We just looked so lightweight

Agree totally about no plan B, the game was crying out for LJ to bolster midfield and it just seemed as if he was waiting until they scored, we suffered from no options up front but I have no real criticism of the players who I thought worked heroically with frankie outstanding, against a team who are potential top 6 in my opinion. 

Ive found lots of positives from attending the first four games but LJ again needs to learn from tonight before the next away trips to Reading and Wolves because from a tactics point of the view this was lucky but poor. 

Just got back  surprised to see threads titled this. Bit of a doom & gloom view!

Been to all games this season so far.

Barnsley - played great against a team that didn't turn up.

Bham - outplayed them but just showed a bit of inexperience to not adapt to bham' tactical change. Everyone at half time said do More of the same which is what they tried. Any other day would've been a win.

Brentford - they are a great side and we helped them out by being generally poor. Bit like bransley to us on day 1.

overall, great football but still room for improvement. At least we know our best 11. At least we're playing a particular way that every is in sync with. At least we have a lot of players with lots of potential. 

Win against milwall puts us on 7 points out of 12. If that happens, well happy. Would've taken that any day (and would have predicted Brentford as the loss).

1 hour ago, pigeon said:

I would base our progress on the last 2 seasons.

What are your thoughts on those?

frenchies entitled to his opinion, to be fair to him I think he's nearer the mark than most, we need another 3 players by next week and we should be fine, brentford sounded like last seasons debarcle but we got a point, so maybe luck might shine on us this season, because it f****** didn't last, who knows.

4 hours ago, frenchred said:

Agree with not finishing higher than last season..Johnson will be under greater pressure with more money spent,going backwards & another window about to close.

10 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

You nailed all the positives except Owdwda made a real impact as well and it is good to be positive but the list of negatives is a long one. Johnson and Ashton need to get help with new striker cover and CM.

i am still baffled at the fact we have 2 strikers out on long injuries yet we send a striker on loan for 2 months ? the swedish lad that has just come in would surely have helped settle engvall and vice versa bewildered at the decision.

Archived