IGNORED

Happy Clappers

Gert Mare

1 minute ago, cynic said:

2-2 though - isn't that something to be a tiny little bit pleased about ?

There was a great post by @ole on Saturday about the performance not the result. If you were there you would know how truly awful we were. Now if Brentford storm it and get automatic fair play but that begs the question how dies such a small club attract such talent and we dont? They really were a lot better than us apart from Frankie.

2 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

Ha ha, of course not. The rules as applied by the agendists is - If it's a good result but we play badly, then it's how we played that frames the narrative. However if we play well, but lose its only the result that matters. Bless them! 

Exactly, and I've highlighted that very same double standard on another thread. If you are going to pan us for playing so well and losing on Saturday then it's only fair to give us credit for being rubbish tonight but getting a result surely?

Just now, Wanderingred said:

Exactly, and I've highlighted that very same double standard on another thread. If you are going to pan us for playing so well and losing on Saturday then it's only fair to give us credit for being rubbish tonight but getting a result surely?

We played an excellent 45 on Saturday and we played a shite 85 today, I'd put that down as a net loss.

29 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Anyone else think that the rose tinted specs have gone on again?

As soon as soon me people ask questions and voice concerns the belittlers come out in their droves, rubbishing every negative comment.

I was there tonight and we didn't turn up for almost the entire game. In fact we were absolutely battered by Brentford....Brentford!

We are the 6th biggest spenders this year in this division. We don't expect to win every game, but we expect a reaction after half time, just like Brum did against us.

We pay our money we are entitled to our opinions, positive or negative.

I doubt our capabilities and potential this season, think we will struggle and would love to end as high as 16th.  I'm delighted we nicked a point tonight, though.

For the sake of all our sanity's and the sake of all our integrity can we please, please, please, please, please, please, please (please, please please) discuss our varying views without continuing a oneupmanship, petty, point-scoring culture within ourselves? 

#please

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

It's 3 games in which sort of makes your point invalid.

I've just worked out if we win our remaining  games we might not get relegated yet! :laugh:! So cheer up it might never happen. It's a long season, so sit back and stop being so miserable! 

Just now, john from high littleton said:

I've just worked out if we win our remaining  games we might not get relegated yet! :laugh:! So cheer up it might never happen. It's a long season, so sit back and stop being so miserable! 

Wish I could!  Anyway onto Millwall and let's have a good 90 mins.  Please :fingerscrossed:

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

Some clubs/teams are better than us however "small" they may seem - that may be a shock to you but thats life.

No it's not life Cynic. The team with biggest resources usually does best. I am not a moaner but really if you had been there tonight you would have been shocked. Lets hope it was  a blip. UTC.

25 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

There seems to be a constant battle on here, we loose a game and people come crawling out of the woodwork to give it the Billy big bollocks that they were right and we are shit, we win a game and you get the exact opposite. 

Plenty had rung the changes in their head 20 minutes in...let alone after the game!

It's comically childish. 

Just once it would be nice to see people reserve their opinions til after the game.  I wasn't there tonight, but it sounds like we were outplayed....yet scraped a point.  It is fine for people to say we were shite tonight performance-wise, but I've only got Twitter and Jonny Phillips on Sky to gauge that, and it seems that we were shite.  But we also gave it a good go in the final 10 minutes (8 if which was injury time) and O'Dowda almost got one and Reid (shite finisher) bagged another.  So at least give a crumb of credit for the boys sticking at it.

Why the Brentford comment? What reason do you have to think that they aren't a side that will batter many teams this season, especially at home? Other than their name? 

They were my pre-season tip to be challenging the big boys (as a small team).  They will stuff better teams than us.

I think everyone is entitled to expect a reaction after half time, but sometimes it just doesn't happen or the team on top just continues to steamroller the opposition. 

Yep, it does sometimes.  They'll be kicking themselves, just like we will on occasions.  In football manager, you save your game before and re-load!  I know there are the so-called "6 pointers",  it if we have to get to 50+ points asap this season, then I don't give a monkeys who we get them against. Of course we as fans will target our home-bankers, but it doesn't play out like that.

I think not changing it at half time was plain stupid, it's reasonable to expect that the pressure from Brentford would continue and we needed something to give us a chance to break, I'd have hauled off patterson for elliason and probably one of red or deidhou for oneil to give us the 5th man in midfield and try to stifle Brentford. 

Do we know that LJ didn't make changes, they may have been tweaks here and there, without necessarily resorting to subs.  The eleven who started were probably in most eyes atour strongest eleven, therefore why not make tactical adjustments without necessarily having to change personnel?

The problem is there are a number of people who don't give a considered opinion and just say oh we are doomed, or we are shite. There are plenty of holes to pick in tonight but there has to be some acceptance that while undeserved the result is a good one. 

Yep, the ones who just say "take x off and bring on y" as well, tell us why x should come off and why y should come on, and what difference that will make.

Jesus Christ, we're only three games in to the new season and we were playing away tonight, and Brentford aren't half-bad! Johnson had cast massive doubts regarding his ability last season but rode out the season and earned himself another transfer window. We've signed a few new players, might bring in a few more, and I think anyone who makes judgements as to whether a manager should be sacked or not, or whether we'll get relegated or not, before at least fifteen games have passed is mental. It's a new season, with new players, and possibly a new approach by LJ - who knows. We were poor today, very poor. I feel the defenders and especially Frankie deserved credit to keep it 1-0 to us going into half-time, but really we should've come out and started the second half with a bang, yet didn't, and that's what let us down today.

We were definitely lucky, in a way, to equalise, and so I'm happy with a point, and would've taken a point at the start of the night, but am not happy with the performance.

Moving forward, Lee Johnson, in my eyes, has twelve more games to tinker, change and try and improve the squad to strengthen our weak points. If in twelve games time we're still weak in certain areas and aren't looking too good for survival/improvement, then I will start to edge towards the 'Johnson Out' camp.

We should all be in the 'Johnson In' camp for now though, because like I said, only three games have gone, and there's plenty of time for improvement. If we're rock bottom after fifteen games, there's still time for a recovery, so what's the point in risking a change at the helm when we all know it could backfire massively? There's no guarantee we'd replace him with someone better. Even someone with proven Championship experience could do worse. You never know.

To me, it seems sensible to always get behind your team at the start of the season, and always look on the bright side - while criticising and analysing the weaknesses - before demanding any major change. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

10 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

Ha ha, of course not. The rules as applied by the agendists is - If it's a good result but we play badly, then it's how we played that frames the narrative. However if we play well, but lose its only the result that matters. Bless them! 

How about if we play badly and lose? We set records for that last season.

"Agendists" or realists?

We played poorly tonight and got a draw. Yes, we didn't play well but am happy with the point. What's wrong with stating that?

1 minute ago, freezer said:

"Agendists" or realists?

We played poorly tonight and got a draw. Yes, we didn't play well but am happy with the point. What's wrong with stating that?

Nothing, and I haven't seen anyone take issue with that point, it's the mark my words we will be relegated because of that performance rubbish that people take issue with. 

5 minutes ago, freezer said:

"Agendists" or realists?

A club record was indeed set last year with that poor run of results. But we are still playing at a level higher than what I have experienced over the years. And that has to be a positive! 

I'll stick with my theory thank you, about the agendists.

However regards realists, I think soccer is too unpredictable to be a realist. Otherwise we'd all be millionaires on the backs of Ladbrokes! 

It would seem we were very poor tonight. Let's say it as it is, but also give credit when it's due. That's certainly the balanced way of doing it........ Unless your an agendist! 

1 minute ago, john from high littleton said:

A club record was indeed set last year with that poor run of results. But we are still playing at a level higher than what I have experienced over the years. And that has to be a positive! 

However regards realists, I think soccer is too unpredictable to be a realist. Otherwise we'd all be millionaires on the backs of Ladbrokes! 

It would seem we were very poor tonight. Let's say it as it is, but also give credit when it's due. That's certainly the balanced way of doing it........ Unless your an agendist! 

Well, if we're playing at a higher level than what you have experienced over the years then you've not followed City as long as me. I also think that a higher level still can follow, given the correct management of the club.

It's not soccer, it's football by the way. You'll win no support on that one.

As for the agendist/realist thing. I think we have to accept that people have differing views and ideas and each should be able to have their say without being labelled.

I have criticised the performance today but as I have stated, am happy with the draw, after being mullered.

After all, we're all City fans and want the best for our club.

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

As soon as soon me people ask questions and voice concerns the belittlers come out in their droves, rubbishing every negative comment.

I was there tonight and we didn't turn up for almost the entire game. In fact we were absolutely battered by Brentford....Brentford!

We are the 6th biggest spenders this year in this division. We don't expect to win every game, but we expect a reaction after half time, just like Brum did against us.

Cheer up, City could have lost.

1 hour ago, freezer said:

Well, if we're playing at a higher level than what you have experienced over the years then you've not followed City as long as me. I also think that a higher level still can follow, given the correct management of the club.

It's not soccer, it's football by the way. You'll win no support on that one.

As for the agendist/realist thing. I think we have to accept that people have differing views and ideas and each should be able to have their say without being labelled.

I have criticised the performance today but as I have stated, am happy with the draw, after being mullered.

After all, we're all City fans and want the best for our club.

Followed since 1975, and the records show since then we have averaged top third tier since then. Can't speak for you, but it means we're punching above our historical average since I've been watching. 

Sorry about my use of the word soccer, I have Irish heritage. And  it's called  soccer  over there. Football is a game a bit like Aussie rules! 

Yes we all have differing views, would be a boring place if we all agreed on everything. And hopefully I've expressed mine  in a balanced way. The labelling thing, funnily enough  is my descriptive view and opinion of those that I feel lack that said balance. And is a lot better than some of the colourful language, and derogatory remarks I've seen written about others on here. So apologies, if I don't apologise for that! 

Yes poor performances need to be acknowledged as much as the good ones! Hoping for better really, but not overly worried yet! 

6 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

You do know agendist isn't a word?!

I haven't got an agenda, I want Johnson out because I don't think he is good enough, but I don't shout about it in every post on every thread,

I also want Johnson to do well because my club will do well,

We've had an ok start so far, beat millwall its a good start, lose its poor draw its average,

We deserved a point at least if not all 3 at birmingham, we deserved nothing last night, it's balanced itself out, once again though its the lake of bite in midfield thats costing us however 

9 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Did you cheer when the equaliser went in, or was it just a disappointed shake of the head?

Why bother going?

I notice you didn't post anything after the Barnsley or Plymouth games, so your pathetic agenda is clear. And I hate the word 'agenda' almost as much as the term 'Happy Clapper'.

You're just another forum nugget mate.

The reaction after the 2nd went in last night was ridiculous. Unfortunately this will be a common theme over the coming season. The anti-LJ brigade will be over every abject performance even if we do escape with a result like last night. 

The season is 4 games old, 3 good performances, 1 bad. It's way to early to jump on any side of the fence. My only gripe with LJ is his in game management, still doesn't seem to have learn't from last seasons mistakes. Lost count of how many leads we've chucked away, needs to react to opposing teams tweaking their tactics. 

12 hours ago, Fiale said:

Seen a few people saying things like this tonight "expect to win everygame" "complete meltdown"  like comments - can you actually point to those posts as opposed to just people who have a few concerns about some of our performances ?

Have a read through the match day thread. 

There were a few who were saying relegation is nailed on already.

12 hours ago, cynic said:

Bollocks.

Put it this way, every fan who was there last night wants us to do as well as possible....only going by the most mental scenes witnessed in minute 98 that I have seen at football for a long time. I agree there shouldnt be overreacting but to call last nights performance on how bad it was is a fair call tbh!!

20 hours ago, cynic said:

The point is they think we are shit and don't like any other opinion.

Only think the happy clappers are shit for acting in a condescending manner to anyone who makes a negative comment about what frankly was a piss poor display last night.

20 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

If not completely overreacting to one bad game, and choosing to see the positives in the excellent performances against Barnsley and first half against Birmingham, make me a Happy Clapper then so be it, guilty as charged.

Nobody is claiming that we're world beaters or that Johnson is the next Guardiola, but to go in to complete meltdown when we're midtable after three games (two away from home) is frankly ridiculous.

Wasn't a complete meltdown, just a dig at the condescending attitude of happy clappers to a negative comment. Dean Smith said it was the most one sided game since he has been in charge at Brentford....I'll leave it there....

20 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

I was fully behind the Johnson out brigade last season make no bones about that but if anyone seriously thinks Lansdown will even think about sacking Johnson now you really are off you're rockers chaps..

Let's get behind the lad for now and reassess after 10 games?

That was a Johnson Out display, but it's far too early for any changes. He just needs to sort out the issues when we started getting physically bullied out of the game. Đurić coming back to fitness may provide an option there?

20 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Just a few people with very low intelligence levels about. Always looking to moan. Boring. Very boring. How shit must your life be to always try and find a negative... if this post offends you it is directed at you. 

Imagine being delusional enough to think we should be winning every game comfortably. Please don't give me the 'we don't, we just want to play well in every game' well Einstein, no football team does that. We got a point playing badly. What a shame. You must be ******* gutted. Shedding tears for you. 

Hahahah. Makes me laugh how some of you will be going to bed angry we didn't lose. 

Off ya pop 

Negative doesn't mean thick ********

Archived