IGNORED

Happy Clappers

Gert Mare

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

Who said you were uneducated? Or have you had a cider too many and are making it up?

Yep, definitely from your good self as per your original comment below.

21 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Just a few people with very low intelligence levels about. Always looking to moan. Boring. Very boring. How shit must your life be to always try and find a negative... if this post offends you it is directed at you. 

Imagine being delusional enough to think we should be winning every game comfortably. Please don't give me the 'we don't, we just want to play well in every game' well Einstein, no football team does that. We got a point playing badly. What a shame. You must be ******* gutted. Shedding tears for you. 

Hahahah. Makes me laugh how some of you will be going to bed angry we didn't lose. 

Off ya pop 

21 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Anyone else think that the rose tinted specs have gone on again?

As soon as soon me people ask questions and voice concerns the belittlers come out in their droves, rubbishing every negative comment.

I was there tonight and we didn't turn up for almost the entire game. In fact we were absolutely battered by Brentford....Brentford!

We are the 6th biggest spenders this year in this division. We don't expect to win every game, but we expect a reaction after half time, just like Brum did against us.

We pay our money we are entitled to our opinions, positive or negative.

You're absolutely entitled to your view as I am mine.  But we ain't got anything from "Brentford....Brentford!" for seasons now.

We got a point. We might not have deserved it but on another day we'd have folded and shipped 4 or 5.  We didnt. 

Being 6th biggest spenders means nothing either. Time will tell if the money we've spent was wisely invested.

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Yep, definitely from your good self as per your original comment below.

Lack of intelligence and uneducated are totally different things. There are very well educated people with the IQ of a dead fish.

Thanks for quoting my post though. The part where it says " if this post offends you it is directed at you. "...  Well... It offended you. Says more about you than my post, touchy ;).

FYI (this is a genuine piece of help before you bite my head off). Where you press the quote button, just to the left of that is a +... Click on it to multi post so you don't have to reply 10 times, can do it in one :).

31 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Our fan base is split. A lot of people are bought into Johnson, a lot won't have him and im definitely on that side of the fence.

It won't unite until Johnson goes, too many fans are too far gone from being able to accept him anymore. 

We can do better than him, we should be doing better than him, if he is the best we can attract I despair, we are never going to push on to the next level with him in charge. 

I will support the team no matter what but i think we deserve better, and he is the weak link. 

Just what i think, dont expect people to agree. 

I want him to do well and take City up, but like you I just can't see it happening.....at this moment in time. He still has some learning to do. Can see fireworks on here if we are struggling come November/ December though! :fear:

30 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Our fan base is split. A lot of people are bought into Johnson, a lot won't have him and im definitely on that side of the fence.

It won't unite until Johnson goes, too many fans are too far gone from being able to accept him anymore. 

We can do better than him, we should be doing better than him, if he is the best we can attract I despair, we are never going to push on to the next level with him in charge. 

I will support the team no matter what but i think we deserve better, and he is the weak link. 

Well, I agree with you mate!

34 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Ok, I appreciate your opinion - who should be our manager? Right this second, who would you realistically have in charge?

I would have had Warnock. Dragged Cardiff out of the mire and going well so far. Used to winning promotion from this division too. 

12 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Neither a happy clapper nor a dismal Joe. I see what I see. I think there is an agenda against Lee Johnson and there are an embarrassing number of people on OTIB who can't wait to see him fail .

Would be surprised at that. If he won us promotion to the Premier League we would all want a statue built of him!

11 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

You're absolutely entitled to your view as I am mine.  But we ain't got anything from "Brentford....Brentford!" for seasons now.

We got a point. We might not have deserved it but on another day we'd have folded and shipped 4 or 5.  We didnt. 

Being 6th biggest spenders means nothing either. Time will tell if the money we've spent was wisely invested.

Time will definitely tell. Could be an interesting few months.

5 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I would have had Warnock. Dragged Cardiff out of the mire and going well so far. Used to winning promotion from this division too. 

We are three games into the new season.

Let's wait till November/December before praising Colin.

And yes... the same goes for LJ

14 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Lack of intelligence and uneducated are totally different things. There are very well educated people with the IQ of a dead fish.

Thanks for quoting my post though. The part where it says " if this post offends you it is directed at you. "...  Well... It offended you. Says more about you than my post, touchy ;).

FYI (this is a genuine piece of help before you bite my head off). Where you press the quote button, just to the left of that is a +... Click on it to multi post so you don't have to reply 10 times, can do it in one :).

Prefer a more personal response on this subject. 

3 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

We are three games into the new season.

Let's wait till November/December before praising Colin.

And yes... the same goes for LJ

I wouldn't want to praise him, especially at Baadiff with Lee Tomlin. He just knows how to get a job done.

22 hours ago, RedDave said:

Every fan wants us to do as well as we can 

I am sure that there is an underlying group, quiet minority at the moment, who are just gagging for a shit start to the season so they can dust off the 'Johnson Out' banners. :grr:

I was there and totally agree we were battered and rarely got out of our own half but when we did we looked dangerous every time and scored 2 from 3 shots on target was it ? Our keeper was sensational and we did defend very well in numbers under the continual onslaught from a team that will win plenty at home. I can take those positives from a game we definitely would have lost last season. A little progress but any progress is ok in my book.

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

That was a relegation performance, but agree that suggesting nailed on relegation is ridiculous at this stage. Cardiff might have played the 3 sides that go down at the end of the season. 

I remember when we drew with Scunthorpe United, opening day of the Johnson Snr promotion season. We thought it was a disappointing draw at the time, but Scunthorpe won the league and we finished runners up!

I'm Not (edited....oops) aiming this at you, but it's a bit ironic a relegation performance got us a point, whereas a better but mixed performance on Saturday got us zilch.  It's an unpredictable division.  You're right, you don't know who the good or bad teams are yet.  Brentford - fantastic last night, but went into the match having lost to Forest and Sheffield Utd - neither most would expect to be play-off contenders.  Brentford - my dark horses, so I'm chuffed that we got a point, despite performance.

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Neither a happy clapper nor a dismal Joe. I see what I see. I think there is an agenda against Lee Johnson and there are an embarrassing number of people on OTIB who can't wait to see him fail .

Yep, not wrong there.  Just need to choose who you bother debating / arguing the toss with!

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I totally agree with this to be frank and I've stood by that opinion since January. It doesn't mean I start having toddler esque tantrums after 3 games though like some have done... especially as we've had an acceptable points return so far.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I'm aiming this at you, but it's a bit ironic a relegation performance got us a point, whereas a better but mixed performance on Saturday got us zilch.  It's an unpredictable division.  You're right, you don't know who the good or bad teams are yet.  Brentford - fantastic last night, but went into the match having lost to Forest and Sheffield Utd - neither most would expect to be play-off contenders.  Brentford - my dark horses, so I'm chuffed that we got a point, despite performance.

Yep, not wrong there.  Just need to choose who you bother debating / arguing the toss with!

I was relieved to get a point last night because we didn't deserve it at all on the balance of play throughout the game. However, we have played some great stuff and it's definitely a strange division. Someone else said it earlier, it's the in game management bit that has been a concern in the last 2 games. Not the end of the world by any stretch, but worrying because last year we had a problem just after conceding and lost some from winning positions and the games simply just slipped away from us. The Norwich game sticks in my mind. The reaction to conceding or going behind is really important. Strength of character is vital to the success of any team.

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

It is that sort of opinion that gets my back up about some happy clappers.

We are all entitled to our opinions. Doesn't make you any less educated by having a different and sometimes negative opinion, borne solely out of desperately wanting your club to succeed, and certainly at the very least expecting the 11 men on the pitch to at least put in a performance to match the opponent in front of them.

You are entitled to your opinion.  And I'm entitled to criticise your opinion if I want to, and vice versa! Sorry if it gets your back up, I'm sure we both want what's best for the club really! 

16 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I was relieved to get a point last night because we didn't deserve it at all on the balance of play throughout the game. However, we have played some great stuff and it's definitely a strange division. Someone else said it earlier, it's the in game management bit that has been a concern in the last 2 games. Not the end of the world by any stretch, but worrying because last year we had a problem just after conceding and lost some from winning positions and the games simply just slipped away from us. The Norwich game sticks in my mind. The reaction to conceding or going behind is really important. Strength of character is vital to the success of any team.

Just edited....oops

9 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

You are entitled to your opinion.  And I'm entitled to criticise your opinion if I want to, and vice versa! Sorry if it gets your back up, I'm sure we both want what's best for the club really! 

Apology accepted. We do both want what is best for the club, disagreeing with an opinion is fine, but I do take umbrage when someone tries to belittle. It's poor taste.

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

He's got two new knees these days, but he has lost a bit of pace.....but not at the bar :laughcont:

Last time I saw him was late 70s at Soundwell FC annual dinner at Cleeve Rugby Club. He was pretty quick at the bar that night as well!

13 hours ago, cynic said:

You aren't the only one who thinks that.

But they are a little bitty dot in the overall support base and, like last season with their pathetic little "boycotts" and banners, they will go back under their stones if we have a good run.

They know who they are and everyone else knows as well.

You should change your name mate because you are one of the most cheerful and optimistic posters on here.

I'm not sure about demonising people that are anti Johnson because they have a very strong case. It's all about opinions after all and as long as they present their arguments in a constructive way, and like myself are prepared to stand by their views, I don't think its right to call them pathetic or not real fans. What is pathetic though were some of the knee jerk temper tantrum posts that we saw on Tuesday night. That was embarassing.

6 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

You should change your name mate because you are one of the most cheerful and optimistic posters on here.

I'm not sure about demonising people that are anti Johnson because they have a very strong case. It's all about opinions after all and as long as they present their arguments in a constructive way, and like myself are prepared to stand by their views, I don't think its right to call them pathetic or not real fans. What is pathetic though were some of the knee jerk temper tantrum posts that we saw on Tuesday night. That was embarassing.

It's fine to have reservations about a manager; it's natural. It's inevitable for people to have deep concerns about Johnson after last season.

There's no problem with this.

There is a problem however with people making it personal, tweeting him abuse or even death threats. I believe there is a group in our fans who want LJ to fail so they were 'right' and so that he goes. This is difficult to prove though as people won't come out and admit to that.

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Personally 

I always wonder whether keyboard warriors who call fellow City fans  w*******s on this forum  would do so away from their keyboard

Archived