IGNORED

What is a 'Sensible Time' to have a complete meltdown?

Gert Mare

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I do believe in a good meltdown from time to time. Especially when it isn't cheap to turn up every Saturday and your missus keeps threatening to divorce you because she wants to take you shopping at least a couple of Saturday's in the winter!

She's threatening to divorce you?

17 minutes ago, cynic said:

No, just that someone who posts the most on their own thread says it all.

As the OP it would make sense to respond, as it is a forum to debate views and opinions after all. I post on lots of threads. 

I notice you rubbished all of my posts, even the positive ones...to me that says it all.

I'm open to a balanced viewpoint, but some of the responses are like a reflection of those who voted remain in the Brexit campaign.

17 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

There's a moral to this story, kids...............

You're damn right there! Mick from the 70's Millwall Panorama programme had it right, he left her at the alter and went to watch Millwall instead.....anyway, she supported Chelsea anyway by all accounts! :laughcont:

55 minutes ago, 054123 said:

5 transfer windows and 95 league games.

Maybe not a meltdown, but certainly enough to make you think nobody has a ******* clue what to do next.

We're 3 games in, can't get carried away one way or the other. Although we are 9th and are next two are home to sides in the bottom three. Some people here need to calm down. Our results in our last 15 lg games are P15 W7 D4 L4, not what I'd call meltdown form, in fact outstanding when you consider where we were. 

After last season??-bottem three/four anytime November onwards..would be proof(if more proof be needed)that nothing has changed and that Lee isn't improving/learning from mistakes as a coach & especially from the man management perspective.

Many feel Lee is neigh on bulletproof but Lansdown may surprise some.Lee one of 'em!

Well it's not after we draw away from home at a decent side, I know that much.

I thought he should have gone at the end of January for the record, but he turned it around and shut me up. I'm not convinced he'll last another set of results like last time but hopefully we won't need to find out. 

I think we have an element amongst us that won't forget the past, it's a new season, we wipe the slate clean and see where we go. I'm expecting much the same as in lower half, but that's good enough for now. 

Odd response to the OP's reasonable question but then maybe easier to be sensible in the morning.

I think he raises a valid question which is not a million miles from me asking yesterday what KPIs people are looking for besides points and results.

Point of fact, given what happened last season I do think there are some 'indicators' for which I will form an opinion more quickly than from results.

For example if I see us repeating some of those failings of last season or Johnson reverting to some of his frailties, I'm not waiting until Christmas.

That's not any 'borrowed time' cliche and I am certainly not waiting for or willing him to fail - but there has to be improvement and lessons learned.

15 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

It's a genuine question. Some people have started putting guns to their heads (metaphorically speaking) 3 games in and others have different opinions. Just interested to know people's individual tolerance levels?

My tolerance level? As far as I'm concerned I'd have ditched him last Christmas.... however things started to improve later in the season. He was then in the "forgiven" camp. Three games into a season? Way too soon to direct Lee toward the exit door. My expectations for this season weren't great. 16th or above and I'd be content. If we're trawling the bottom of the Championship in late October, it's time for the Red Card for Lee. If we are where we are now(ish), I'd be delighted. 

16 hours ago, iamsober said:

why start the thread then?

Because it is pretty topical and relevant to OTIB posters and any City fan that I personally know?  We all know that this narrative will form the backbone of approximately 60% of our debate in the stands and on this forum.  

Also what else have we to talk about?   Hang on.....someone start a thread on Cauley Woodrow and we can debate about how is an 'insult to the club, already a failure and a sign that everyone in the club down to those working in hospitality should be sacked. Then the person doing the sacking can sack themselves. ;-)

Archived