IGNORED

Cauley Woodrow (Merged)

cummins17

12 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

For any who aren't too familiar with him, young striker who admittedly only scored 5 goals in 19 Championship appearances last season. Lots of people seem to sing his praises though.

Not an awful return considering Burton (like us) were struggling last season. With good service this guy is a great signing.

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Not an awful return considering Burton (like us) were struggling last season. With good service this guy is a great signing.

about to post similar, extrapolated last season that'd been about 12.... which is very respectable at this level.

2 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Beat me to it Phileas,  was just about to say the same.

I heard last week he (Woodrow) was dead cert to go back to Burton?!?

Happy with this if true.

Would be happy with that. Sensible signing, knows the league and young.

Wasn't he very highly rated at England youth level a couple of years back?

Burton are targeting some good players - pretty disappointed they got Ripley over us.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Burton are targeting some good players - pretty disappointed they got Ripley over us.

Yep, shame. But I wish Burton well and hope they survive again this year...Then again, I hope we survive as well! Them staying up was the story of last season's Championship.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Played for the U21 as recently as this year, at the euros I might add but behind Tammy and their makeshift strikers in Gray and Redmond I think. Think he scored 5 in 14 appearances(don't know how many were starts) at Burton who was a not so prolific attacking team. I think he'd walk in and be at worst our second best striker. Right up there with Fam who looks dangerous for the most part through 3 league games. Would be a top signing even on loan and if we can negotiate a fee for January or next summer even better. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Played for the U21 as recently as this year, at the euros I might add but behind Tammy and their makeshift strikers in Gray and Redmond I think. Think he scored 5 in 14 appearances(don't know how many were starts) at Burton who was a not so prolific attacking team. I think he'd walk in and be at worst our second best striker. Right up there with Fam who looks dangerous for the most part through 3 league games. Would be a top signing even on loan and if we can negotiate a fee for January or next summer even better. 

So why are Fulham ready to release him? Contract? Not right type or too similar sort of striker?

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So why are Fulham ready to release him? Contract? Not right type or too similar sort of striker?

I'm not sure. If I had to guess it's that they'd rather spend on what they feel is a more sure thing. Spent 5.5m on a striker already in this window and rumoured to be looking at others for up to 10m. They want to get to the premier league fast and maybe can't wait for Woodrow to grow to that level or feel he can't? Me personally feel he's a good championship striker. I'm not expert but when I've seen him play or on highlights he's always involved in the action.

So maybe a case of not good enough to get Fulham to the prem but maybe good enough to get us to top 10? That would be the hope and like I said I think he'd be our second best striker as soon as he walked on the training ground. We are a side that seem to create chances so with his record at Burton I would think he could net 12-15 goals for us over 40 or so games. I'm with @Davefevs on Woodrow. Be a worthwhile signing 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I'm not sure. If I had to guess it's that they'd rather spend on what they feel is a more sure thing. Spent 5.5m on a striker already in this window and rumoured to be looking at others for up to 10m. They want to get to the premier league fast and maybe can't wait for Woodrow to grow to that level or feel he can't? Me personally feel he's a good championship striker. I'm not expert but when I've seen him play or on highlights he's always involved in the action.

So maybe a case of not good enough to get Fulham to the prem but maybe good enough to get us to top 10? That would be the hope and like I said I think he'd be our second best striker as soon as he walked on the training ground. We are a side that seem to create chances so with his record at Burton I would think he could net 12-15 goals for us over 40 or so games. I'm with @Davefevs on Woodrow. Be a worthwhile signing 

Thanks- all makes sense and we definitely need that extra bit of experience/choice up top certainly until January window.

10 minutes ago, red as **** said:

I don't want to appear negative about a player I know nothing about. However, type his name into Twitter and see for yourselves the Fulham fans reaction to him leaving.

Not saying many Fulham fans will be crying if he leaves, but I can only see two Fulham fans who are very vocal, one of whom told Woodrow to "get out my club" on twitter

33 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Beat me to it Phileas,  was just about to say the same.

I heard last week he (Woodrow) was dead cert to go back to Burton?!?

Happy with this if true.

Yes - I created a new thread when I heard he was off to Burton, and thought it would be something we should try to hijack. 

Archived