IGNORED

Cauley Woodrow (Merged)

cummins17

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Not what we need right now .

On the evidence of his goals last season, he can score headers, get in the right areas for tap ins and take freekicks and corners. What do we need? We've already shown we can create chances and score goals. What we need is someone who can finish. Seems like this guy can. I hope you're not going to say we need a speedster. 

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He's sharp over short distances, but not blistering if you get what I mean. He's one of those players who gets his toe to a ball and draw fouls as well as being a bit of a pest in closing down CBs. Willing runner, works hard, and will help us press from the front. 

Would be able to play several role types, on his own, alongside another etc. 

He's taking some serious bashing from Fulham fans on twitter who clearly don't rate him - granted, they don't represent the fan base as a whole but you'd hazard a guess that they've seen him play the most.

Genuine question, when have you seen him play and what has he done to make you rate him so highly? I'm only wondering because you seem to be fairly alone with your opinion!

17 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Vassell is a pacy powerful striker with potential. Luton fans rated him higher than Gray. Check out Fulham comments on this guy. They are celebrating. Not what we need at all. 

:facepalm:

Vassell never played outside of league two, Woodrow played at championship and is a England Under 21 international I know who'd I rather have,

You are worse then a troll

16 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Vassell is a pacy powerful striker with potential. Luton fans rated him higher than Gray. Check out Fulham comments on this guy. They are celebrating. Not what we need at all. 

And Burton fans are disappointed they're not getting him back for another season. Works both ways. This guy arguably has more potential than Vassell, having played at a much higher level and is still a year younger. 

6 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

While this guy sounds OK he also sounds very similar to Engvall in terms of age/physique/experience in which case wouldn't it have been simpler just to give him a chance?

Apart from Woodrow scores goals. Proven track record at this level.

7 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

While this guy sounds OK he also sounds very similar to Engvall in terms of age/physique/experience in which case wouldn't it have been simpler just to give him a chance?

Wtf? Take your logical and sensible question out of here 

16 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

He's taking some serious bashing from Fulham fans on twitter who clearly don't rate him - granted, they don't represent the fan base as a whole but you'd hazard a guess that they've seen him play the most.

Genuine question, when have you seen him play and what has he done to make you rate him so highly? I'm only wondering because you seem to be fairly alone with your opinion!

Have you seen him to say otherwise?

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

He can only score where he's playing! Not been given a chance with us yet.

I see what you're saying but I think Woodrow is more likely to come in and make an instant impact.

LJ has alluded a few times to Engvall not being able to cope with the physicality or pace of this league just yet and that him gaining confidence by scoring in Sweden will help him when he returns.

He's certainly not a lost cause, but I think right now he needs to be playing somewhere where he feels more comfortable and confident.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I see what you're saying but I think Woodrow is more likely to come in and make an instant impact.

LJ has alluded a few times to Engvall not being able to cope with the physicality or pace of this league just yet and that him gaining confidence by scoring in Sweden will help him when he returns.

He's certainly not a lost cause, but I think right now he needs to be playing somewhere where he feels more comfortable and confident.

A voice of reason. Woodrow is proven at this level which is something Engvall hasn't been able to achieve yet. Saying that you can envisage a case of Woodrow coming in on  permanent deal at the end of the season and Engvall going back to Sweden.....

13 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

I've never seen him play*, hence why I'm asking for the opinion of those that have...

*unless he played against us last year, in which case I don't remember him standing out

He did, for Fulham in the League Cup when we beat them 2-1. He got an assist for their goal.

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Damn it.. why didn't LJ check with Fulham fans before signing this guy!! In fact all scouting from now on should be done on forums.

P.s. try checking the Burton forums.. they are more likely to be able to give an opinion on him.

Archived