IGNORED

Cauley Woodrow (Merged)

cummins17

4 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Vassell is a pacy powerful striker with potential. Luton fans rated him higher than Gray. Check out Fulham comments on this guy. They are celebrating. Not what we need at all. 

Vassell is 24 in a couple of weeks and scored one in five in league two last season.  My money is on him failing at this level because his finishing looked poor in the lower leagues, he'll have far less time in this one.

At the same age Gray had already managed two in three for a season in the conference and better than one in three for a full season in the Championship, and moved for £9m.  I very much doubt you will find Luton fans rate Vassell higher other than the odd one or two fringe idiots every club seems to have.

Woodrow got better than one in three for Burton at this level last season, and Fulham have seen him start a handful of times in the last year.  He's younger and more experienced at this level than Vassell.  We're not paying a large fee, and if he doesn't cut it he can go back.

There is little logic at all behind your moan to be honest.

Hopefully this is a receipe for success

1) Take a young ambitious forward, with decent experience at this level and with England, who is keen to establish himself as a regular starter

2) Add him to a young, hungry team and allow a short while for him to settle

3) Watch him simmer and improve him through coaching and game time so he can come to the boil

4) Remove any risk by taking him on loan initially

A warm welcome to BS3 Cauley, enjoy your football and I very much look forward to you dishing up plenty of goals for us.

1 hour ago, BarmyArmy said:

The fact that this thread only has 3 pages tells you everything you need to know about Cauley Woodrow...!

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What, that the transfer happened quickly?

Or that the "in the knows" didn't know?

1 hour ago, LoyalRed said:

When Brum sign Vassell, Cardiff sign Bogle and Fulham sign Rui Fonte, no disrespect to Woodrow but I'm hardly jumping for joy at this signing, 

What a strange comparison of players to base your disappointment on.

Don't know a lot about Fonte but if you're comparing the signing of Woodrow to Vassell and Bogle, surely you SHOULD be jumping for joy? Because the other 2 have achieved less in comparison. 

• Admin
3 hours ago, Olé said:

Unless anyone knows any better, we just need another midfielder or winger with a stupid first name and for the first time ever we'll be able to field an entire matchday squad of players whose names have never existed at the club before.

Max

Eros
Taylor
Bailey
Hörður

Korey
Jens
______
Niclas

Cauley
Famara

Subs: Jojo, Lloyd, Aden, Diego, Tin, Milan, Gustav

Have we had any Callum's before O'Dowda?

Smart money on me forgetting a bloody obvious example ;) 

24 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Hopefully this is a receipe for success

1) Take a young ambitious forward, with decent experience at this level and with England, who is keen to establish himself as a regular starter

2) Add him to a young, hungry team and allow a short while for him to settle

3) Watch him simmer and improve him through coaching and game time so he can come to the boil

4) Remove any risk by taking him on loan initially

A warm welcome to BS3 Cauley, enjoy your football and I very much look forward to you dishing up plenty of goals for us.

Can't wait. We should have done this year's ago.

13 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Cheapest signing for OTIB. Ever.

4 pages and we get a largely proven Championship striker.

It cost us over 30 pages for Elliason and even Pisano was 10 pages and he was on a free.

Johnson in.

Still cheap but you've missed @Davefevs thread here ....

and @Fordy62 thread here..

If merged they could well reach 5 pages (or half a Pisano).

3 hours ago, Olé said:

Unless anyone knows any better, we just need another midfielder or winger with a stupid first name and for the first time ever we'll be able to field an entire matchday squad of players whose names have never existed at the club before.

Max

Eros
Taylor
Bailey
Hörður

Korey
Jens
______
Niclas

Cauley
Famara

Subs: Jojo, Lloyd, Aden, Diego, Tin, Milan, Gustav

Will godsway donyoh who plays for the same team as runarsson...... do ya

5 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Dare I invoke the name... Jon Stead...?

See pic below...i found this pic of him in his City kit.

5 hours ago, Kotsy said:

He's taking some serious bashing from Fulham fans on twitter who clearly don't rate him - granted, they don't represent the fan base as a whole but you'd hazard a guess that they've seen him play the most.

Genuine question, when have you seen him play and what has he done to make you rate him so highly? I'm only wondering because you seem to be fairly alone with your opinion!

Odd bits of pieces of highlights at Fulham grabbed a bit of attention as one to look out for.  I didn't see the Fulham EFL Cup game (might've changed my mind over penalty miss).  Also quite like watching the u21 stuff, so odds and sods there.  In fairness I'd lost a bit of track and thought he'd left Fulham and was at Burton permanently.  Then found out a loan.  I thought he was excellent against us in the 0-0 at AG, gave Flint and Wright a torrid afternoon.  Read my match day comments that day.  I think @GrahamC rates him too, if that adds support!

5 hours ago, Kotsy said:

I've never seen him play*, hence why I'm asking for the opinion of those that have...

*unless he played against us last year, in which case I don't remember him standing out

See above....twice....although I only saw the Burton game!

4 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Good shout Fevs. Does this mean you can now claim to be an ITK? ;) I'd add this to your CV under 'chief scout'?

Nope.  Just heard the Burton bid on TalkSport and on the thread I started, thought we should hijack it.

3 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

This lad is a big bloke that can hopefully hold up the ball and be another option until Đurić comes back from injury.  

Experienced at this level for his age.  Not bad goal return. Sensible loan signing and if he does well fits in well be first in the queue to sign him. 

Can't see the problem, but then I'm not the kind of person that looks for one!!

I was surprised to see him being 6'0'...thought he looked a bit smaller.

A well rounded striker / forward.

Wonder if there's a potential permie option built in?

IMG_1094.JPG

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

See pic below...i found this pic of him in his City kit.

Odd bits of pieces of highlights at Fulham grabbed a bit of attention as one to look out for.  I didn't see the Fulham EFL Cup game (might've changed my mind over penalty miss).  Also quite like watching the u21 stuff, so odds and sods there.  In fairness I'd lost a bit of track and thought he'd left Fulham and was at Burton permanently.  Then found out a loan.  I thought he was excellent against us in the 0-0 at AG, gave Flint and Wright a torrid afternoon.  Read my match day comments that day.  I think @GrahamC rates him too, if that adds support!

Nah- just adds opinion.

Archived