IGNORED

LJ today's speaker at Senior Reds

Robbored

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Warnock must be nuts to let Tomlin travel that far to training.

Cardiff train at the Vale of Glamorgan hotel and GC. I've been there when playing golf...very nice it is too.

LE2 where Tomlin lives is 157 miles and 3 hours drive on a good morning...longer if caught in the rush hour.

To Failand, it still 134 miles and 2 and half hours drive.

If you've sat in the car for that long, you can barely walk, let alone run after such a journey. It gets you right in the hip flexors.

Tomlin is hardly a natural Athlete either...no wonder he can't run.

I've played at the Vale too, Spud (pre Ryder Cup). Nice course indeed.

Having a few beers in the evening, Roy Evans walks up to the clubhouse bar (Wales had played a World Cup qualifier in Cardiff earlier that day and were staying down in the main hotel) and says to me "God, Toshack can be a boring bastard - I've had to get away cos all he wants to do is talk football all night".

At which point, the only thing I could think of saying was... "So Roy, when Souness quit because my team knocked your team out of the FA Cup..."

Face palm!

Anyhoo, he humoured me for a good while before making his excuses and in any case... the barmaid was far more interesting :thumbsup: (a Saints fan if I recall!)

4 hours ago, pride of the west said:

Any mention of flint or was that off limits?

Doesn't want him to go, believes he has been offered two or three times the salary City are paying him, blames the agent for unsettling him.

Flint apparently spoke to LJ in the summer about exploring his options, LJ reminded him that he had only recently been given a new contract that he was happy to sign.

Didnt go any further into it.

10 hours ago, spudski said:

Warnock must be nuts to let Tomlin travel that far to training.

Cardiff train at the Vale of Glamorgan hotel and GC. I've been there when playing golf...very nice it is too.

LE2 where Tomlin lives is 157 miles and 3 hours drive on a good morning...longer if caught in the rush hour.

To Failand, it still 134 miles and 2 and half hours drive.

If you've sat in the car for that long, you can barely walk, let alone run after such a journey. It gets you right in the hip flexors.

Tomlin is hardly a natural Athlete either...no wonder he can't run.

That was one of the points LJ made,  he actually said that Tomlin wasn't training properly, and that he was pleased to have moved him on, even though he was a "lovely lad".

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Cardiff is closer to Leicester and even if his travelling time is reduced by 90mins  each way that'll be better for all concerned.

If I remember rightly Engvalls injury was his knee but I'm not 100% on that.

WELL NO ITS NOT just googled both; Cardiff is 149.1 miles and takes 2hrs 41 and Bristol is 129miles and 2hrs.17mins so Cardiff is further and takes longer, still lets not let reality get in the way shall we., and why would she move to Bristol then move away? was it something you said Lee...or didn't say?

Maybe Engvalls heads "been turned" and prefers the bright lights of....Sweden...nah why would he come here in the first place?

30 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Cardiff 149 miles

Bristol 128 miles

yes sorry mate just posted the same, so there must be another reason; LT doesn't seem to be upsetting the Cardiff players/fans to much and they are top.... so must be something else ??? :glare:

11 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

yes sorry mate just posted the same, so there must be another reason; LT doesn't seem to be upsetting the Cardiff players/fans to much and they are top.... so must be something else ??? :glare:

You don't have to be a scientist to know that from the Almondsbury interchange M4 M5 junction that Leicester is a damm sight closer to Bristol than Cardiff

Where the OP got that from I don't know?

8 hours ago, Spud55 said:

Sounds interesting, although with the commute it really isn't that much longer to Cardiff from Leicester and I'd be tempted to say with traffic as you get to avoid the cluster **** that is the m4 m5 interchange it could well be very, very similar. 

Clearly 90 minutes less is somewhat optimistic, unless tommo was parking at cribbs and walking :D but it's not quite as rediculous as it sounds. 

24 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

You don't have to be a scientist to know that from the Almondsbury interchange M4 M5 junction that Leicester is a damm sight closer to Bristol than Cardiff

Where the OP got that from I don't know?

Just being pedantic, why would you go anywhere near the Almondsbury M4/M5 junction when travelling between Cardiff and Leicester?

I just can't believe he drove every day ,that would be 7 hours every day with traffic.If your comute  is over 1 hour then you are not performing at your best ability according to the construction industry training board.So  if we were paying him 20 grand a week I think we are to blame.

14 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I just can't believe he drove every day ,that would be 7 hours every day with traffic.If your comute  is over 1 hour then you are not performing at your best ability according to the construction industry training board.So  if we were paying him 20 grand a week I think we are to blame.

Well there's a shock....

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Well there's a shock....

I did not say L.J was but it must of been in his contract to stay in bristol at least 4 nights a week.I once meet Mark Hughes when he was playing for Chelsea and he had to stay in the slough/Windsor Marriott for 4nights a week but he flew back to Cheshire nearly every day without being caught .

5 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I did not say L.J was but it must of been in his contract to stay in bristol at least 4 nights a week.I once meet Mark Hughes when he was playing for Chelsea and he had to stay in the slough/Windsor Marriott for 4nights a week but he flew back to Cheshire nearly every day without being caught .

It was in his contract to move here (same as Wilbs family stayed up north but he had a flat down here, and Gary O'Neils family have relocated over the summer) but he did not do this. LJ gave him some more time, but his marital issues meant it never happened. 

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

It was in his contract to move here (same as Wilbs family stayed up north but he had a flat down here, and Gary O'Neils family have relocated over the summer) but he did not do this. LJ gave him some more time, but his marital issues meant it never happened. 

Sorry but with respect, is this something you have been told or have you seen a copy of the said contract?.........told I would think.

While your on and undoubtedly you know a lot more than most, (not being funny) what is the Flinty situation?

13 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Sorry but with respect, is this something you have been told or have you seen a copy of the said contract?.........told I would think.

While your on and undoubtedly you know a lot more than most, (not being funny) what is the Flinty situation?

I was told that directly by LJ when he spoke at the FAN meeting in May. The others there would have heard him say it too. 

I know nothing more about the Flint situation sorry. He's not in the cupboard any more. His agent has stitched him up in my opinion. 

Rewatching the Brentford game. Interesting that late on in the game Korey Smith looks over at LJ and says "Pato up front?". LJ clearly must not agree and Smith acknowledges but I found it an interesting occurrence, I wonder if he's installed an openness when it comes to discussion of tactics or if the players (or just smith who's in a position of power, VC)  isn't afraid of questioning him. 

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Rewatching the Brentford game. Interesting that late on in the game Korey Smith looks over at LJ and says "Pato up front?". LJ clearly must not agree and Smith acknowledges but I found it an interesting occurrence, I wonder if he's installed an openness when it comes to discussion of tactics or if the players (or just smith who's in a position of power, VC)  isn't afraid of questioning him. 

Might have something to do with LJs comment about "giving them permission to fail" so they don't fear making brave choices in games. LJ may be encouraging an openness this season , doesn't mean LJ has to listen to them but might make them feel more valued?

22 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

If flint has been offered 2 or 3 times more money, presumably from Birmingham, are we paying him peanuts or are they paying ridiculous money? 

They're offering Flint silly money and anyone offered a chance to seriously increase your weekly wedge would grab it with both hands.

2 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Just being pedantic, why would you go anywhere near the Almondsbury M4/M5 junction when travelling between Cardiff and Leicester?

Sorry?

So from Cardiff go on the M4 over the Severn bridge to the interchange then north on the M5 to Leicester

Or are you on about travelling up through the Wye valley and picking the M5 up at a later stage?

Much slower route

Tomlin couldn't find his way around Asda let alone deepest Wales

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Johnson in and out then? :shocking:

18 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Sorry?

So from Cardiff go on the M4 over the Severn bridge to the interchange then north on the M5 to Leicester

Or are you on about travelling up through the Wye valley and picking the M5 up at a later stage?

Much slower route

Quickest route from Leicester to Cardiff doesn't come all the way down to Bristol you head to Gloucester way and into wales there, coming down the M5 to Almondsbury is slower with 0 traffic, so god knows what it's like with traffic.

8 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Sorry?

Much slower route

Just checked on AA route planner:

Leicester to Cardiff (via M50) - 149.2 miles, 2hrs 42mins

Leicester to Cardiff (via Almondsbury) - 158.1 miles, 2hr 49mins

M50 also negates the queue and payment of bridge tolls.

Archived