IGNORED

The lee johnson is taking us to europe song

Cider red

I don't know it but by the sounds of things it could be the one that sounds like Palace have rocked up and sat in our home end that I haven't figured out, anything that makes us look like were copying Palace (or another team) is pretty poor in my eyes.

I'm usually pretty proud that we don't copy every other song out there but it is getting to the point where we do but just 2 years after everyone else - which just makes me think were actually just a bit slow rather than fighting modern football.

Still prefer that to sitting in silence though.

I'd hate any song like this usually but as mentioned, the lyrics are a complete piss take are they not?

One song we absolutely DON'T want to start singing, which a handful of people tried at Brentford is "since I was young, I followed the, BCFC, the team for me" etc etc. Shocking and completely stolen from half the other teams in the football league. Couldn't ever sing that shite.

3 minutes ago, tommy32 said:

Wrexham is in Europe I suppose 

Funny you mention Wrexham ................

Did you know that in the event of nuclear war (highly likely this year), the EU will move it's HQ to Wrexham when Brussels / Straz is destroyed?

Yes - Wrexham - the seat of European power.

tfj

49 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yeah let's stick to insulting Darrel Clarkes mother - just so much more classy. 

Lighten up it's a bit of bloody fun. 

Your second line is exactly what that chant is. A bit of bloody fun.  

People are becoming so precious nowadays. 

55 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Funny you mention Wrexham ................

Did you know that in the event of nuclear war (highly likely this year), the EU will move it's HQ to Wrexham when Brussels / Straz is destroyed?

Yes - Wrexham - the seat of European power.

tfj

Blimey, the mushrooms are out early!

I've tried booing it at the Barnsley game, the Birmingham game and the Brentford game. It's a group of very young lads who persistently sing it and maybe don't understand our traditions and history? (Not copying crappy songs that everyone else does)

Not sure how to stop it other than relentlessly booing and starting something else!?

7 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

I've tried booing it at the Barnsley game, the Birmingham game and the Brentford game. It's a group of very young lads who persistently sing it and maybe don't understand our traditions and history? (Not copying crappy songs that everyone else does)

Not sure how to stop it other than relentlessly booing and starting something else!?

I will boo this too - hate palace and that song is embarassing

I really don't get the issue with this song, an absolute piss take ( a good one) and it creates an atmosphere, which is what we all want. Fair play to these lads for getting behind their team and creating some non stop noise. Pretty much every song us and other fans sing are sung by other clubs. I guess it's a good thing people are disagreeing over a song as it means we have an atmosphere could be worse could all be moaning about no one singing.

3 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I'd hate any song like this usually but as mentioned, the lyrics are a complete piss take are they not?

One song we absolutely DON'T want to start singing, which a handful of people tried at Brentford is "since I was young, I followed the, BCFC, the team for me" etc etc. Shocking and completely stolen from half the other teams in the football league. Couldn't ever sing that shite.

I hate that song. Totally dull and unoriginal, sung by no mark clubs like Reading and Port Vale. We are better than that.

I also hope we never try singing "everywhere we go, everywhere we go, we are the Scunthorpe/Brighton/Wycombe (delete as appropriate) boys making all the noise".... Or "we support the Bournemouth/Tamworth/Darlington, and thats the way we like it". Both of those are cringeworthy as well.

1 hour ago, Puckle_red said:

Almost every song that gets used at football is a plagiarism of one that originated elsewhere. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there's nothing really unique or special about us as a fan base.

Archived