IGNORED

I'll take 4th bottom now

screech

12 hours ago, Raging_Robin said:

This is becoming a bit of a superstition now, sorry Esmond. 

I don't want to break the unbeaten streak..

Villa 1-1 City 

Reading 0-1 City

Wolves 3-3 City 

ROLL ON DERBY AND SOME MORE REALITY.

GET IN MY BABBERS 

Lee Johnsons red and white army...

No problem from me unlike many I do not and never have had a deep seated need to be correct as far as BCFC is concerned, 59 years of support has taught me that.

37 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

No problem from me unlike many I do not and never have had a deep seated need to be correct as far as BCFC is concerned, 59 years of support has taught me that.

But just a word of warning, I seem to recall a wonderful start to last season and then..........................................................................

From a distance it would appear that the team and the coaches are more of a bonded unit than last season.  I imagine Jamie Mac has been a very positive addition.

Of course there remain areas of concern - centre forward for example on the pitch, Head Scout off it.  All in all if we can keep going with these level of results, any remaining concerns can be addressed at Xmas if necessary.  Beginning to feel just a little more relaxed about the season

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

But just a word of warning, I seem to recall a wonderful start to last season and then..........................................................................

I'm fairly confident we won't follow it up with a spell of 3 wins in 25 so the whole season should be a bit calmer. 

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Of course there remain areas of concern - centre forward for example on the pitch, Head Scout off it.  All in all if we can keep going with these level of results, any remaining concerns can be addressed at Xmas if necessary.  Beginning to feel just a little more relaxed about the season

Me too! 

One the centre forward point - I've been reading the opposition forums (fora?) post-match recently, and both Reading and Wolves fans bemoaned their lack of a striker. Fans of both teams wanting to splash the cash for a "proven goalscorer". So, it's not just us! Clearly these guys are hard to come by. 

4 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

.I imagine Jamie Mac has been a very positive addition.

He can't be. He only got his job under the 'jobs for the boys' scheme. I read that on OTIB.

Likewise, we will never improve without Pembo. He was the only one who knew what he was doing. Again, read that on OTIB so it must be true.

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

He can't be. He only got his job under the 'jobs for the boys' scheme. I read that on OTIB.

Likewise, we will never improve without Pembo. He was the only one who knew what he was doing. Again, read that on OTIB so it must be true.

How JMac got the job is one thing, how he does that job is quite different.  The first relates to how the club is administratively run, same with Pembo, where the club remain tight lipped on the reason for his going.

The players and the coaches are one thing and the administrative governance of the club another.  Many seem to find that distinction difficult to understand.

Fan support for individual players and coaching staff will always fluctuate depending on the results on the pitch.  That is how it has always been.  The one thing that unites us as fans is the hope that City will do well and progress up the football ladder, and if that looks like happening almost all will be happy

As for governance et al, a sizeable number of us remain deeply disturbed by the nature of our Board and the role of Bristol Sport etc.  Only time will tell whether those concerns turn out to be well founded or otherwise.  And naturally these issues, for many, fade into the background if the team do well, but they nevertheless remain firmly in the background still.

14 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

How JMac got the job is one thing, how he does that job is quite different.  The first relates to how the club is administratively run, same with Pembo, where the club remain tight lipped on the reason for his going.

The players and the coaches are one thing and the administrative governance of the club another.  Many seem to find that distinction difficult to understand.

Fan support for individual players and coaching staff will always fluctuate depending on the results on the pitch.  That is how it has always been.  The one thing that unites us as fans is the hope that City will do well and progress up the football ladder, and if that looks like happening almost all will be happy

As for governance et al, a sizeable number of us remain deeply disturbed by the nature of our Board and the role of Bristol Sport etc.  Only time will tell whether those concerns turn out to be well founded or otherwise.  And naturally these issues, for many, fade into the background if the team do well, but they nevertheless remain firmly in the background still.

boring! I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!

9 hours ago, Ian M said:

I'm fairly confident we won't follow it up with a spell of 3 wins in 25 so the whole season should be a bit calmer. 

Hopefully, but LJ does have a worrying managerial habit of taking his teams on extended losing runs.

Let's hope if one starts this season he's able to curtail it quickly.

• Admin
47 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Hopefully, but LJ does have a worrying managerial habit of taking his teams on extended losing runs.

Let's hope if one starts this season he's able to curtail it quickly.

Conversely, he has a reassuring managerial habit of turning these round.

What we're waiting to figure out is if this losing run is a side-effect during the process of finding/making his own team and way of playing at a club and then its fixed for good or something that is likely to repeat each full season?

Evidence from Barnsley & Oldham is irrelevent as he was poached from each club following successful correction of that losing run.

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Conversely, he has a reassuring managerial habit of turning these round.

What we're waiting to figure out is if this losing run is a side-effect during the process of finding/making his own team and way of playing at a club and then its fixed for good or something that is likely to repeat each full season?

Evidence from Barnsley & Oldham is irrelevent as he was poached from each club following successful correction of that losing run.

All true, but turning it around after record breaking losing runs isn't that reassuring.

The fact remains he's suffered a couple of excruciating abysmal runs, so he's down as a repeat offender.

He really could do with a season without one - as could we all - to prove it's not an inevitable part of an LJ season.

LJ himself must be dreading a repetition, and if a poor run starts the pressure on him will be intense - not least from LJ himself - to nip it in the bud before it becomes a losing streak.

How he handles the prospect should we lose 2 or 3 on the trot and how quickly he halts it will be a good guage of how much he's maturing and learning imo.

It's really not normal to have these long losing runs and another one from LJ this season, with all the backing he's had, would not be acceptable.

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

All true, but turning it around after record breaking losing runs isn't that reassuring.

The fact remains he's suffered a couple of excruciating abysmal runs, so he's down as a repeat offender.

He really could do with a season without one - as could we all - to prove it's not an inevitable part of an LJ season.

LJ himself must be dreading a repetition, and if a poor run starts the pressure on him will be intense - not least from LJ himself - to nip it in the bud before it becomes a losing streak.

How he handles the prospect should we lose 2 or 3 on the trot and how quickly he halts it will be a good guage of how much he's maturing and learning imo.

It's really not normal to have these long losing runs and another one from LJ this season, with all the backing he's had, would not be acceptable.

Agree. If theres one thing you can bet your house on in this league is a dogy patch of results. Lets see how he deals with it as for me the jury is still very very much out on Lee Johnson as a coach.

16 minutes ago, Raging_Robin said:

I'm sorry mate, but we haven't lost since I've been doing this.... It's a bit of a superstition now until we lose...

Bristol City 1-1 Aston Villa- Date 

Reading 0-1 Bristol City - Win

Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-3  Bristol City- Draw

Bristol City 4-1 Derby County - Win

Bristol City 2-0 Stoke- Win

Norwich 0-0 Bristol City - Draw

Bristol City 2-0 Bolton - Win

Ipswich Town 1-3 Bristol City - Win 

ABSOLUTLY BUZZING!!!!

Not true my friend if you care to check you actually missed the Stoke, Norwich and the Bolton games.

But I can take it, because I only ever want City to play as well as they can and give 100%.

Archived