IGNORED

Thoughts

ZiderEyed

Ref was absolutely horrific. Scared to let the game flow, denied a penalty shout, didnt really know what he was doing.

Why was Eliasson not brought on for Paterson? We were desperate for someone to take on their right back, it was depressing that it didnt happen.

Worst of all though, is the anti-football Millwall played. It was nasty, Gregory at corners made me want to kill myself. Time wasting before half time, long balls. It was a properly shite game of football. Credit where its due though. they stopped us playing our game from the first minute. I feel like 15 more minutes and we mightve seen a goal go either way.

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Millwall came for a point. We needed an early goal and hardly ever looked like scoring in fairness. Thoroughly depressing afternoon.

They chucked that same long ball between Baker and Bryan the entire game, we looked shell shocked after about 5 minutes.

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

Millwall had a game plan that worked for them today. It was like watching rugby, boot the ball up into the air a get stuck in. 

But for them it worked and we unfortunately were unable to combat it. Millwall deserved their point and (worryingly) it wouldn't have been a travesty by any stretch if they'd taken all 3 points. Going to be a long hard season for us again based upon that performance. Let's hope we can pick it up over the next few games and beyond because we really should be beating teams like them at home. 

Millwall certainly had a game plan.

From where I was sat in the dolman it looked like we were playing through the midfield and not using the wings so much, certainly in the first half.

Slightly better in the second half but overall I would say we looked nervous at the start.

1 minute ago, Rocky said:

Indeed. Although can't see how Eliasson would be the 'right choice' as he's played about 10mins?

From what Ive seen of him, he isnt afraid to run at and take on defenders, much more so than COD. We were desperate for it down the left. We had a lot of joy down that flank but we didnt take on their right back enough.

Hard to criticise the ref, no matter how poor, when in the first half I don't think we strung 3 passes together for 35 minutes of it to be brutally honest. No patience nor composure, I don't think we knew what to do against MIllwall's shape and organisation.

9 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Very ******* little. Eliasson was the right choice today, I think COD made one good run, but he has ZERO end product.

Although to be fair, quite hard for him to have an end product when no one was supporting such runs.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Although to be fair, quite hard for him to have an end product when no one was supporting such runs.

Fair point. It was a fairly lacklustre performance all round I guess. Mildly depressed so looking for a scapegoat for my pent up rage :laughcont:

41 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Ref was absolutely horrific. Scared to let the game flow, denied a penalty shout, didnt really know what he was doing.

Why was Eliasson not brought on for Paterson? We were desperate for someone to take on their right back, it was depressing that it didnt happen.

Worst of all though, is the anti-football Millwall played. It was nasty, Gregory at corners made me want to kill myself. Time wasting before half time, long balls. It was a properly shite game of football. Credit where its due though. they stopped us playing our game from the first minute. I feel like 15 more minutes and we mightve seen a goal go either way.

Forget the ref , same for both sides. 

Agree about Eliasson.

milwall were always going to be a long ball side that gets in our faces. We had to break them down but weren't good enough. They pressed us and stopped us playing , so we need to be better on the ball . We didn't move the ball quickly enough and our movement was poor. 

Only good thing about today was the back four , especially Wright and baker. We would of lost that game last season . For the amount of ball put into our box , those two seemed to be on the end of everything.

one of the worst games of football I've seen for years.  We just didn't have the quality . 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Forget the ref , same for both sides. 

Agree about Eliasson.

milwall were always going to be a long ball side that gets in our faces. We had to break them down but weren't good enough. They pressed us and stopped us playing , so we need to be better on the ball . We didn't move the ball quickly enough and our movement was poor. 

Only good thing about today was the back four , especially Wright and baker. We would of lost that game last season . For the amount of ball put into our box , those two seemed to be on the end of everything.

one of the worst games of football I've seen for years.  We just didn't have the quality . 

Agreed, feel somewhat confident in that back four. Wright did impress me actually, he looked pretty assured. It was outrageously poor from our perspective though, I honestly don't think I would've complained if they'd gone home with 3 points.

8 minutes ago, shelts said:

Midfield was non existent. No quality . No player to unlock the door. Wide players that run rings round themselves. Not sure I'd give LJ any more money to squander. 

I felt we needed a Marv style central midfielder to give them something to think about. Pato and Brownhill have their good points, but they offer little defensively (Brownhill made one crucial tackle, so I can't be too harsh on him this game) and they are also too lightweight and naive to deal with the likes of Millwall's bully boys.

26 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Thoughts - What does Callum O'Dowda do?

I'm not his biggest fan but were you at the Brentford game? I thought he offered more in his cameo performance off the bench that most of the players who played the full 90. I didn't see today so can't comment but he was definitely effective on Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Agreed, feel somewhat confident in that back four. Wright did impress me actually, he looked pretty assured. It was outrageously poor from our perspective though, I honestly don't think I would've complained if they'd gone home with 3 points.

Yeah they probably deserved it but to be honest they're shocking and can't see them scoring many . We must of known they would play like that and if it was me I would of been drilling it into the players that if we moved the ball quickly and our movement was good we would of beat them comfortably . Horrible side to play , it was like watching a John beck Cambridge side . Fair play to them though they got what they came for. 

Wish we would learn a few things from them though , slowing the game down, little pushes and niggles . Invaluable away from home. 

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I felt we needed a Marv style central midfielder to give them something to think about. Pato and Brownhill have their good points, but they offer little defensively (Brownhill made one crucial tackle, so I can't be too harsh on him this game) and they are also too lightweight and naive to deal with the likes of Millwall's bully boys.

Men against boys . Combative and creative midfielder needed. Marv used to unsettle them and get amongst em and we defo r missing that 

6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Brown hill does a lot of unseen work as you pointed out . Definitely need a class CM thought Korey was very poor today 

37 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Brown hill does a lot of unseen work as you pointed out . Definitely need a class CM thought Korey was very poor today 

Agreed. Korey was going through one of his can't make a 5 yard pass days.

He's not "to blame" in any sense for today, but I'd have probably subbed him for GON and allowed Pack to move up slightly, as he was making a few longer, forward passes.

Brownhill had made two crucial tackles where he tracked back, i'd stick him in the middle but still need that Marv type player next to him if we play 2 in the middle. 

We had no width today because it's like LJ plays Brownhill to make us narrower in the middle as he knows Korey/Pack will get overrun.

Doesn't seem like he's in the market for a CM so we might be in for a long season!

4 minutes ago, red84 said:

Brownhill had made two crucial tackles where he tracked back, i'd stick him in the middle but still need that Marv type player next to him if we play 2 in the middle. 

We had no width today because it's like LJ plays Brownhill to make us narrower in the middle as he knows Korey/Pack will get overrun.

Doesn't seem like he's in the market for a CM so we might be in for a long season!

How can he not be in for another CM. he must be mad. 

Archived