IGNORED

Wingers.

Fuber

Why can we not play with two wingers with Reid dropping slight deeper?

I realise we tried 4-3-3 last season, and it didn't work especially when we had our dark period around November onwards - but that namely came about through trying to shoe-horn in Mr GBH.

With O Dowda, Eliasson, Bryan, and Paterson, surely one of them can help make the system work. The only other way I could see an improvement is that we need a fairly tall-ish midfielder who is not afraid to get forward in place of Korey as an option, while shipping out Flint, GON, and getting a few youngsters out on loan if they arent going to get enough game time ala Taylor Moore, Hinds, Hell even O'Dowda. As an example, someone like Jackson Irvine.

I like Korey and Pack, but they are not great at bringing the ball out, if we insist on playing both of the in the same team, we need some pace in the wide areas to exploit, if we lose Bryan, he's the only faster player we seem to regularly play. O'Dowda is a confidence player who would benefit from a run of games that we simply don't look like giving him, or at least see what he can bring in to the team.

Just now, tinman85 said:

Don't see why we don't try Brownhill in the middle. Smith and Pack (sorry to say it again) but makes me shudder. 

It's so negative its not even Funny, one or the other sure, that's, Korey keeps things tight and sticks a foot in and pack has a decent range of passing, but being blunt neither have a good amount of creativity for this league.

I've said before that there's no point buying a player like Eliasson and then trying to make him run up and down all game. Get him the ball in danger areas, don't make him defend too much. 4-3-3 with Eliasson and Reid/Paterson/Woodrow either side of Fam for me. Then Brownhill, Smith and Pack or Hegeler in the middle

Archived