IGNORED

Forget Watford... Villa Friday night...

EmersonsRed

Got their act together today. They have goals all over their side. Let me tell you something if LJ is too stubborn to change formation and drop another in against Villa we will be embarrassed live on national and international television.

Forget the Watford game, sack that off, send the u18s...

I can't believe I'm saying this as I'm Mr bloody positive but can SOMEONE... ANYONE tell me where we're getting points in our next 5 league games? Thanks

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Similar feelings. 

Could we narrow the pitch even further? Maybe by 40 yards? 

Another bizarre decision IMHO

As a coach who who allegedly wants to 'play' , narrowing the pitch is an indication that he thinks we need to narrow the pitch to avoid being utplayed / passed - As he predicted himself it played straight into Millwalls hands today and will assist other visitors

Another bizarre decision based on (his own words) 'a little experiment'

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

If ever there was a game we could do without it`s Tuesday. I really have no idea what side we ought to put out. I`m glad in a way it`s not at home as we would have to see it as winnable and be forced to put out a strong side.

I think perfect for all of our subs today along with Hinds and others knocking on the door.

At least it gives them a game and a chance to force their way into Friday plans !

1 minute ago, Neo said:

I think perfect for all of our subs today along with Hinds and others knocking on the door.

At least it gives them a game and a chance to force their way into Friday plans !

Woodrow wont be able to play on Tuesday though

Though I think we can raise our game. However we MUST get the setup right.

We can raise our game though as a) It's Villa b) It's Sky c) Under the lights d) Friday night, crowd often up for it under the lights v a big opponent. I know Brighton at home was poor but even that game, well if Tomlin had converted that early chance...

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

Got their act together today. They have goals all over their side. Let me tell you something if LJ is too stubborn to change formation and drop another in against Villa we will be embarrassed live on national and international television.

I can't believe I'm saying this as I'm Mr bloody positive but can SOMEONE... ANYONE tell me where we're getting points in our next 5 league games? Thanks

Same feelings we could get points v Villa and Derby in the two home games but think we may struggle in the next 5

On past experience we can write off Tuesday, even if the boys play a blinder it won't happen, but Friday will see clueless leadership all over again - would love to see us play well but the rot and lack of belief have set in - thanks LJj

we needed physical presence in today's starting 11 and the subs.- what did he train for? 

Fear not.  If results went as predicted  we would all get the fixed odds up every Saturday.

Now the fixtures look daunting, where's the next point coming from?

There will be some and if not and were in the bottom three after the next five games, well I can't see Lansdown putting up with another season of drudge can you? 

Hopefully Johnson will unblock his mind and try to sign the midfielder 95% of the fans know we need.

If not I really don't see him lasting more than a couple of months.

Lansdown must be worried that his man might be out of his depth.  I'm still hoping he's not pure bullshit. I know a lot on here are convinced he's a fraud. I really don't see him given the leeway he had last season.

Anyway here's to a result against Villa,  or would that be bad in the long run?   ****** if I know!!

3 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Just get to Watford and support BCFC and if we continue from our last Friday night sky appearance we will be fine. 

Villa Friday :-

------------------- Fielding -------------------

Pisano -- Wright -- Baker -- Bryan

-------------------- Hegeler -----------------

----------- O'Neil ------- Smith -----------

---- Eliasson ------------------ Reid -----

------------------ Diedhiou -----------------

Eliasson and Reid will have to work hard to find space out wide and be quickly in and around Famara but both are capable and based on promotional clips that is what Eliasson likes to do i.e. switch wings, come inside etc.

Certainly like the feel of Hegeler and O'Neill bringing some calming influence to the team even though maybe the formation is "shoe-horning" them in a bit !?!

14 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

There will be some and if not and were in the bottom three after the next five games, well I can't see Lansdown putting up with another season of drudge can you? 

Definitely yes, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Villa Friday :-

------------------- Fielding -------------------

Pisano -- Wright -- Baker -- Bryan

-------------------- Hegeler -----------------

----------- O'Neil ------- Smith -----------

---- Eliasson ------------------ Reid -----

------------------ Diedhiou -----------------

Eliasson and Reid will have to work hard to find space out wide and be quickly in and around Famara but both are capable and based on promotional clips that is what Eliasson likes to do i.e. switch wings, come inside etc.

Certainly like the feel of Hegeler and O'Neill bringing some calming influence to the team even though maybe the formation is "shoe-horning" them in a bit !?!

This but I would swap smith and oneil for brownhill and pack. Oneil and smith aren't up to it for me. Pack can tackle and pass, brownhill gives us some energy. Ideally we still need a proper midfield general before the window closes.

8 minutes ago, Cider red said:

This but I would swap smith and oneil for brownhill and pack. Oneil and smith aren't up to it for me. Pack can tackle and pass, brownhill gives us some energy. Ideally we still need a proper midfield general before the window closes.

I went for O'Neill as I just feel our very young team needs that sort of leader to calm them even if he is not the best or quickest.

Maybe O'Neill and Brownhill a better duo?

Watford game will be a game for fringe players on both sides to play for a starting place.  Therefore a good opportunity to progress in the FL cup.  Since we won't be winning anything in the league this season, a cup run is my best hope for a decent season.

Based on Millwall game, Villa should muller us, but our players always seem able to turn it on for the cameras.

Will listen to the commentary on RB for the Watford game and looking forward to the Villa game, which should have a great atmosphere.

Had Watford been at home, I would definitely bought ticket.

Against Watford, we have as mentioned got to give the fringe lads a chance, for me I would go; 

Fielding

Vyner, Flint, Hegeler, Magnússon

Eliasson, O'Neil, Brownhill, Odowda

Reid, Diedhiou

I would stick with Reid and Diedhiou just because I think it's important to to give their partnership a chance to form.

Would give Brownhill a chance in centre midfield to see where his best position is.

Think we need to give Mags a chance at left back, just in case any huge bid we can't turn down comes in for Bryan towards the end of the window. 

If I was Johnson I would offer Flint the chance to play and see if he is up for it. 

Finally feel Vyner deserves another go after the game v Plymouth he had. 

2 hours ago, cummins17 said:

Against Watford, we have as mentioned got to give the fringe lads a chance, for me I would go; 

Fielding

Reid, Diedhiou

I would stick with Reid and Diedhiou just because I think it's important to to give their partnership a chance to form.

Would give Brownhill a chance in centre midfield to see where his best position is.

Think we need to give Mags a chance at left back, just in case any huge bid we can't turn down comes in for Bryan towards the end of the window. 

If I was Johnson I would offer Flint the chance to play and see if he is up for it. 

Maybe Freddie Hinds will start instead of Reid. And he could give Lukic a game. I'm not sure I'd play O'Neil - he won't be fit for Friday if he plays too much Tuesday. It's a no win game if you ask me.

3 hours ago, cummins17 said:

Fielding

Reid, Diedhiou

Their partnership - do you mean sharing who gets the drinks sorted at HT? Both will be fixtures on the bench by this time next month.

Archived