IGNORED

Korey Smith

Londoner

3 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Can't pass the bloody ball, can't head the bloody ball, doesn't mark anybody, keeps telling others to do things but doesn't do anything himself. Weak player who was shown how to be effective by the far superior O'Neil.

What about when smith was actually performing better before we signed GON? 

Has got worse I agree and can be replaced

1 minute ago, Derek from Nailsea said:

Sorry but he's the 1st name on my Team Sheet.

Without him we'd be completely overrun in the middle of the park.

Uh, like we have been against the top third of the table teams since we've been back in this division?

said it before and will again, I like Pack and Smith, effort is there, but if we have any ambition to move forward in this league we need to move on from both.

2 hours ago, Corsham Alf said:

I was a huge Korey fan but having now watched him underperform for over a year now it's time to move him on. He gives the ball away non stop, and just doesn't have the pace or power for the Champs. We desperately need a creative and pacey midfielder.

Nonsense, he was superb at the end of last season, once he was fully fit.

1 hour ago, RobArnold10 said:

Uh, like we have been against the top third of the table teams since we've been back in this division?

said it before and will again, I like Pack and Smith, effort is there, but if we have any ambition to move forward in this league we need to move on from both.

Don't attack pack on here mate,he is a good league 1 player but for what he is meant to do he isn't championship standard 

Can't comment on today's game as I was t there. But Smith was always my number one on the team sheet but I think between him and Pack we are too weak in central midfield lately. 

I know it was a clean sheet but how many times are we going to see teams rip through our midfield and defence? We need a ball winning midfield general. 

Until we get this player then see who pairs with him best out of Smith and Pack. 

I just don't think we have a championship standard midfield and it is a major weakness 

that needs addressing in this transfer window. We need a top quality defensive midfielder and

someone that weighs in with a few goals. Our goalscoring from our midfielders is almost 

non existent. 

13 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

I just don't think we have a championship standard midfield and it is a major weakness 

that needs addressing in this transfer window. We need a top quality defensive midfielder and

someone that weighs in with a few goals. Our goalscoring from our midfielders is almost 

non existent. 

10 days to fix that then. Not much time.

44 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

I'm being honest. I can't remember a game where he's influenced it 

You've got a short memory.  Brighton away last season:  he didn't influence that?  Barnsley home two weeks ago: he was excellent.  One poor game and he is written off.  Typical of the madness on this forum.

Smith and pack are average/ok players at this level in a game like yesterday when we had the majority of ball, with good pressing from the opposition they struggle to make set our team up or create any tempo or chances , what is also concerning is that I don't really see Hegeler, O'Neil, or anyone else who can play there as the answer. 

10 hours ago, Spud55 said:

Agree with that, thought Smith was beyond dismal today, I just don't see what he brings to the table, he buzzes around a lot and can still break up play, but even when he does that he almost immediately gives the ball back to the opposition anyway so may as well not have bothered. 

I think we have to bring Brownhill inside to take his place as at least he seems capable of retaining posession most of the time. 

To be fair, thought the midfield was to a man pretty poor today. 

I don't think we have anyone in our present squad, that is an improvement.

We need to buy someone. It's one of the most important positions on the pitch, yet we seem to fanny about with what imo, are lower average Championship players.

We have improved the squad in other positions, but this has been over looked for a while now imo.

What annoyed me the most about yesterday, was that we couldn't match Millwall physically, but weren't good enough to break them down with our own strengths.

I thought we settled for a draw when we brought Oneil on for Pack. That was like putting your hands up and waving a white flag imo. It said 'we aren't going to try and beat you with skill, speed and expansive fast football, so we will try and match you at your own game'.

A word on Millwall.

An absolute disgrace.

I can't believe in this day and age, that football teams in the Championship are still trying to play that type of football.

Neil Harris should be ashamed of himself too. Meant to be an up and coming young English manager...no wonder Clubs look abroad.

Total...non football. Who in their right mind would be proud to follow that crap?

How can you sit at home and reflect after a game, and think that was good football to play or watch?

11 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

He doesn't do this as much since his injury. Think him going into those tackles and coming out hurt numerous times has taken the bottle out of him a bit. 

Has of course been a good player for us,now past his best..would give Hegeler a good run in there.

What we really need is a hard nut with the ability to control our midfield.a 'General as their sometimes called.....I'm sure easier said than found!

11 hours ago, Corsham Alf said:

I was a huge Korey fan but having now watched him underperform for over a year now it's time to move him on. He gives the ball away non stop, and just doesn't have the pace or power for the Champs. We desperately need a creative and pacey midfielder.

Totally agree with you Alf. Not been the same player since being injured. I have to say I was surprised when Pack went off yesterday, where in my opinion Smith should have been replaced.

Archived