IGNORED

Service into Diedhiou

11 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Only a matter of time before Elliason becomes a regular in the side - he looks quality and sense that LJ has been impressed with him in training.

Give him an hour on Tuesday and then play him from the off against Villa

with you all the way ,    wanted Eliiason instead of COD  yesterday

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If he cost a fiver I doubt we'd mind too much!

Joking aside, of course he has strengths, people need to give him a break and let him settle in. He's only played 4 competitive games for us so far scoring once and benefiting Reid's game.

We seem to have conveniently forgotten that Kodjia was very fustrating to begin with, frequently offside and very selfish on the ball. He began to iron that out of his game as the season went on but still had flaws. 

I think you're right about Reid benefitting from his presence, in a similar way that Kodjia did from Wilbraham.  He knows one big ugly CB is occupied, and he is starting to be clever about finding space. Remember Shearer unselfishly changing his game to take the big CB away from Owen.

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think the price tag is a bit of a problem. People expect instant results considering we've broken our record to get him - in some ways that's a reasonable opinion to hold.

I think it's natural he will need time to bed in. He's never played outside of France - the style of football and the language are two obstacles although his English seems far better than Kodjia's.

Kodjia also 'only' scored once in his first 4 league games too before finding his feet.. because he was quick and exciting to watch though, he got away with it a bit more.

By contract Diediou isn't the most aesthetically pleasing player to watch.. he's not particularly quick or skillful in a way that'll get people excited and hasn't had a purple patch with goals yet so people will always notice the flaws in his game.

In my opinion he does lots of hard work that goes unnoticed and has actually shown better form than Kodjia did in his first month. I'm impressed so far and he can only get better.

He didn't play well, especially on high balls, but he still worked hard, and when he did get it into feet he did spin and get the ball wide.  His work for the goal at Brum shows he has ability.

Got to get the ball to his feet around the box. Think he's got a similar trait to Harry Kane where he's stronge enough to get ball to feet on the edge of the box, turn and fire one low and hard to the corners. He's not Harry Kane of course but I saw signs of this against Twente and even further up the pitch he's comfortable getting it at his feet and turning to get up the pitch or play someone in. Basically he needs touches around the box(shocking!). Didn't happen Saturday and he's already getting the not worth it tag. 

Archived