IGNORED

Dolman PA sound - again

Robbored

Anybody else think the sound in the Dolman was muffled yet again on Saturday?  I struggled to hear the names of the substitutions. It's very frustrating.

I was led to believe that the old Dolman speakers were not compatible with the new sound system within AG and that the issue would be recitified during the summer but obviously not.

A question for MKelly maybe?

13 minutes ago, cynic said:

Question asked in the Q&A section.

Again.

I wonder when we'll get an answer?

The sound system in the Dolman is a poor reflection on the other excellent development in AG.

Surely it can't be that difficult to fix?

It was quiet wasnt it and I thoroughly enjoyed it, last season it was making my ears bleed. Why do we have to have crap music in the buildup anyway ? interviews and selection info fine. I would prefer just the crowds noise and cut the music, they do it in a couple of places now, i hope it catches on.

I was in the top tier of the Lansdown Stand, three rows back and couldn't make out what was being said pre match and at half time over the tannoy. Just glad I was able to see the half time scores on the screens. Out of interest, can anyone in the ground hear clearly what is being said?

9 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I was in the top tier of the Lansdown Stand, three rows back and couldn't make out what was being said pre match and at half time over the tannoy. Just glad I was able to see the half time scores on the screens. Out of interest, can anyone in the ground hear clearly what is being said?

In the SS, no.

4 hours ago, Akira said:

I couldn't hear anything over the PA at the back of the south stand either. Looked over to the screens, to see if it showed the names of the substitutes, and it didn't. 

Agree, frustrating. 

sat at the back of S21 and couldnt understand a thing. At one point I roughly made out that somebody or other was being asked to contact the nearest steward, but as for the name, it was impossible to hear.

Yep, couldn't make out anything. Glad it wasn't just me! 

As for reddave asking why we need to hear it... Really? Surely you don't need that answering? Announcements, subs, added on time etc. 

And no, at the back of the south stand, I can't always make out who's who, especially on the opposition team... 

After last season's ear bleeding volume levels in the upper Lansdown, it was far too quiet in S19/S20 corner of the South Stand.

The only time I could actually hear what was being said was when the crowd fell silent immediately before the minute's applause.  I assume from this that the volume had been set when the stadium was empty (!)  Even though we don't sing much, the general low-level moaning and whinging during the afternoon blocked out any words from the PA.

At least it's consistent now.  I can't hear the music, announcements, screen interviews, substitutions, or half-time scores.  I couldn't even hear the song that was played at the end of the game - until most people had left the ground.

While I appreciate the problem is clearly not easily solved, all previous versions of the PA system were better (although some were very 'screechy' for music).  From my early attendances in the eighties, Scott Davidson's big loud speakers in the corners of the pitch and the upgraded system that we had prior to redevelopment, the sound was more consistent and audible than the arrangements that have been in place since the Lansdown Stand was completed.

@Mkelly I would suggest that the club needs to go out to a different company for advice.  Whoever has been involved to date and installed and configured this PA system are not getting close to the sound we need.  At present, there is a genuine safety risk because I would have no idea what is being said if emergency instructions were issued.

Archived