IGNORED

Eni Aluko / Mark Sampson (Merged)

spudski

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/21/eni-aluko-england-manager-mark-sampson-ebola

I'm getting really fed up of this 'Race' card being pulled all the time

How is this comment 'Racist'?

It's similar to my Dutch Black friend saying to me in the past...'Don't be coming over here spreading all that 'Mad cow disease'.

Did I go complaining that it was 'Racist'? No...because it's not.

You can't say anything these days, jokingly, without someone being offended or twisting it into something 'Racist' or such like.

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/21/eni-aluko-england-manager-mark-sampson-ebola

It's similar to my Dutch Black friend saying to me in the past...'Don't be coming over here spreading all that 'Mad cow disease'.

You can't say anything these days, jokingly, without someone being offended or twisting it into something 'Racist' or such like.

The right of speech is gone in this country. 

And having paid her £80,000, watch the amount of so say 'racist remarks' become something of the norm as everyone looks for an easy pay cheque! How or why has she been paid £80,000 for such a comment? Especially when Sampson & The FA have been found not guilty of any racism! Why have they agreed 'an out of court settlement'?

41 minutes ago, spudski said:

It's not the same as that though is it? I can't remember over 30 thousand people dying during the mad cow disease epidemic.

I mean, goodness, have your little Englander point of view by all means if you must, but don't use those tedious analogies to put your point across. 

I'm not sure which is the most ridiculous, the allegation of racism over a comment which is clearly not racist, or the FA paying out £80k to keep her quiet.

My guess is that the FA is so paranoid about being labelled racist, after remarks from former players and managers, that it was the preferred option. Madness.

You'd also think that being paid £80k would be sufficient to let it go, maybe she spent it all?

1 minute ago, john from high littleton said:

Awful comment by Sampson! Not sure if it's racist, or just downright Ignorant. But awful thing to say about someone's family members. Highly insensitive, and poor judgement. 

he denied making the comments and was found Innocent the FA and an independent investigation, it's only after the striker lost both these cases these comments have come to light, it would appear if anyone had an axe to grind it would be said striker and if anyone was being victimized it would be sampson,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40850231

Its a witch hunt 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

Awful comment by Sampson! Not sure if it's racist, or just downright Ignorant. But awful thing to say about someone's family members. Highly insensitive, and poor judgement. 

Did he actually say it though?

Getting tired of hearing about this case, he was found not guilty but she just won't let it go

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I think you have explained the difference yourself. Your friend is your friend. You choose who you want to be friends with and whatever the **** friends want to say to you is entirely between you and them. Mark Sampson is not Aluko's friend but her boss. I have no idea whether this is racist or not because I don't know Mark Sampson's intention when he said it but what it very clearly is is a stupid and inappropriate thing for anyone to say to someone they are managing. 

The other thing I think is worth saying here is that Aluko is not responsible for this story coming out and being publicised now and I think it unfortunate that she is taking flak for it. 

Archived