IGNORED

Eni Aluko / Mark Sampson (Merged)

spudski

As an adult safeguarding practitioner, I fail to understand how a relationship between a (supposedly) capacitous young woman and man can be an issue.  Unless she was underage in which case it would have been an issue for the Police.  

However, in this day and age, bosses and staff having relationships is a rocky road.

13 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

As an adult safeguarding practitioner, I fail to understand how a relationship between a (supposedly) capacitous young woman and man can be an issue.  Unless she was underage in which case it would have been an issue for the Police.  

However, in this day and age, bosses and staff having relationships is a rocky road.

Indeed. I do not want to speculate but the only way safeguarding could become relevant is if the person involved was underage or deemed vulnerable.  At the same time, the FA have stated no law has been broken and he has not been deemed a safeguarding risk. I suspect that, rightly or wrongly, the full report will leak out sooner or later so we shall see...

4 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Sounds at first glance like they have dug something up and are now rightly or wrongly using it as a tool to dismiss him to put an end to the current racism matter. 

Perhaps. Or perhaps it is one of these situations where there are a number of situations which are not significant in themselves but make for an uncomfortable jigsaw...

According to the BBC.

"Mark Sampson has been sacked as England women's manager following evidence of "inappropriate and unacceptable" behaviour in a previous role.

The Football Association says that last week it was made aware of the full details of safeguarding allegations against Sampson when he was Bristol Academy boss in 2014."

It looks like we may get dragged into this - what did we know and what did we do about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41326806

6 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

According to the BBC.

"Mark Sampson has been sacked as England women's manager following evidence of "inappropriate and unacceptable" behaviour in a previous role.

The Football Association says that last week it was made aware of the full details of safeguarding allegations against Sampson when he was Bristol Academy boss in 2014."

It looks like we may get dragged into this - what did we know and what did we do about it.

Why would we be in trouble?

7 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

According to the BBC.

Well, the allegations were made after he left Bristol Academy so it's more than possible they knew nothing about it.

28 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Everyone will realise i am correct soon

Surely not Dave! Poor Mark- a man of impeccable character- is being unfairly persecuted by the nasty black woman playing the race card according to many on here, he wouldn't be lying about anything I'm sure...

29 minutes ago, phantom said:

Safeguarding assessment done in 2014 whilst with Bristol academy, only LAST WEEK the FA get hold of it 

Believe me the FA knew about this waaay way before then. His inappropriate behaviour was common knowledge in and around Bristol Ladies/Girls team.

Total abuse of power

This slimey little**** has had this coming for some time 

3 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Believe me the FA knew about this waaay way before then. His inappropriate behaviour was common knowledge in and around Bristol Ladies/Girls team.

Total abuse of power

This slimey little**** has had this coming for some time 

I was told much the same thing earlier by someone who has no connection either to Bristol or to women's football.

15 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The FA is standing by the findings of those investigations, so I suspect that's the end of it.

well it stinks

Martin Glenn has said "it's a different issue to the one raised by Aluko", "lets be clear; no laws have been broken.....the safeguarding assessment was that he did not pose a risk working in the game"

so what has he done? by the sounds of the information in the public domain nothing

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I was told much the same thing earlier by someone who has no connection either to Bristol or to women's football.

Yup it was fairly common knowledge 

There were loads of people gobsmacked when he got the Eng job

The FA have covered up shit like this in Mens/Boys football for decades so this comes as no surprise

13 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Yup it was fairly common knowledge 

There were loads of people gobsmacked when he got the Eng job

The FA have covered up shit like this in Mens/Boys football for decades so this comes as no surprise

But an enquiry found at the time he did not pose a safeguarding risk ??

( This confirmed now by Bristol Academy who said they do-operated fully with the FA Enquiry at the time)

Sounds like the FA have gone back 2/3 years and 're judged' his behaviour and although not deemed to be a Safeguarding risk have used whatever his  'behaviour' at that time was , to now sack him, 2/3 years later

Doesnt look good does it ......

Always felt that there was something about him that made me feel uncomfortable ,but the FA or anyone he else can't keep digging up stuff that's been dealt with at the time to suit their new agenda 

Archived