IGNORED

Eni Aluko / Mark Sampson (Merged)

spudski

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

well it stinks

Martin Glenn has said "it's a different issue to the one raised by Aluko", "lets be clear; no laws have been broken.....the safeguarding assessment was that he did not pose a risk working in the game"

so what has he done? by the sounds of the information in the public domain nothing

Bit of selective quoting there, in full:

""However, the full report of that investigation was only made known to me last week,” he added. “On reading it I immediately shared it with Greg and we were both deeply concerned with the contents of the report. Let’s be really clear: no laws were broken; Greg and I are not able to challenge the professional views of our safeguarding experts. We thought the conduct issues raised in the report were what the problem was.

“Mark had overstepped the professional boundaries between player and coach. We know that coaches are in a potential position of power and that position mustn’t be abused. That’s been true across all sports. And is true in football as well. We have to be really clear and I think we are at the FA about what we stand for in that respect.”

Clarke said the allegations were made by players at Bristol Academy where Sampson was head of the College Girls U18 development squad and later first-team manager. “There are different allegations about different things which is why we’re talking in the plural,” he said. “Some could be categorised as trivial and some as very serious.”"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/20/mark-sampson-leave-england-womens-manager?CMP=share_btn_tw

50 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

so where does this leave aluko's accusations?  which have already been investigated twice

It seems from the FA statement the independent investigation will continue. Let us hope that this time they actually speak to the witnesses and come up with a clear and transparent conclusion, as they should have done the first time.

31 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

But an enquiry found at the time he did not pose a safeguarding risk ??

( This confirmed now by Bristol Academy who said they do-operated fully with the FA Enquiry at the time)

Sounds like the FA have gone back 2/3 years and 're judged' his behaviour and although not deemed to be a Safeguarding risk have used whatever his  'behaviour' at that time was , to now sack him, 2/3 years later

Doesnt look good does it ......

Always felt that there was something about him that made me feel uncomfortable ,but the FA or anyone he else can't keep digging up stuff that's been dealt with at the time to suit their new agenda 

I honestly cannot see how it is in the FA's interests to act now, especially on an unrelated manner. I simply do not believe this is an excuse of a smokescreen for the simple reason that it makes the FA look absolute chumps who failed to do their due diligence.

I think it fair to assume the FA are telling the truth when they say they were not aware of the details of whatever allegations it is they have now seen until last week. However it reflects very badly on the FA that they did not seem to get full details before employing him and also that they did not properly investigate Aluko's allegations when they knew there had been previous allegations - albeit unrelated  - of inappropriate behaviour.

If there is any truth in what Aluko said then  it comes across, beyond anything else, as someone who is not very good at creating professional boundaries. Alarm bells should have rung.

The FA have said that he can work as a coach, just not as England coach. However, they have destroyed any chance of him getting another job.

I can only assume that they have very good reason/evidence for destroying the man's career, but why then make a point of saying he's OK to work as a coach?

8 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Surely any normal human being can work out that Sampson is guilty of something? 

His interviews reminded me of people who appealed for information for missing people but ended up being the person convicted of murder !!

Just my opinion! 

People said that about Chris Jeffries, trial by media, it then turned out he had nothing whatsoever to do with the murder. The only evidence being he had a funny haircut.

not saying samson has or has not done anything but it's still innocent until proven guilty

3 minutes ago, B block said:

People said that about Chris Jeffries, trial by media, it then turned out he had nothing whatsoever to do with the murder. The only evidence being he had a funny haircut.

not saying samson has or has not done anything but it's still innocent until proven guilty

I raise you ' Tracy Andrews! ' road rage killer !! 

Like I said just a gut feeling opinion. I'm a good judge of character and Sampson looks and speaks like a guilty man.

But I'm also well in favour of innocent to proven guilty.

Until we know what the FA judged inappropriate but not a safeguarding risk we cannot really make our minds up. As they knew about it in 2014, it's quite clear that they are speaking with forked tongues when they say the sacking is not related to the Aluko allegations. 

I can imagine what the breach of coach/player boundary is, but it would be unwise to speculate openly on here.

2 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

Believe me the FA knew about this waaay way before then. His inappropriate behaviour was common knowledge in and around Bristol Ladies/Girls team.

Total abuse of power

This slimey little**** has had this coming for some time 

If this is true then he totally deserves what has happened. Personally I think it's weird having a male coach for the England Women, almost certain to cause tensions/misunderstandings at the very least.

1 hour ago, BoneyardTIM said:

But what has come out , a lot of huffing and puffing but no facts as yet.

I mean the original alleged remarks which he was cleared of, the ones she got the money for. Everything has snowballed from there. If someone hadn't by chance asked a question...

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Until we know what the FA judged inappropriate but not a safeguarding risk we cannot really make our minds up. As they knew about it in 2014, it's quite clear that they are speaking with forked tongues when they say the sacking is not related to the Aluko allegations. 

I can imagine what the breach of coach/player boundary is, but it would be unwise to speculate openly on here.

I take it that the duffers at the FA that knew about this 'inappropriate behaviour' in 2014. and are still at the FA now, will do the honourable thing and resign. I won't hold my breath!

Archived