IGNORED

Where are Johnson's critics? (Merged many times)

Redtucks

Gotta say, the team do confound at the minute.

Great win. Youth did very well and yeah the credit to LJ also.

This team at the moment...on an even keel we 'should' beat Millwall, probably point at Birmingham too- yet Watford Carabo Cup, anything there is a bonus isn't it. Reid for Diedhou changed the shape a bit I dare say? Less of an out and out striker, well done to LJ for that. Anyone who was there, did Reid play up as a pure partner with Hinds or was he a bit deeper, behind him maybe?

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No , Tbf you're not sick RR ;) and I've not refereed to  to you as sick 

When you you're not posting sensibly and have your moments Yours are 'traditional'  bits of fishing / trolling  / WUMIng :laughcont:  - albeit possibly the busiest !

This one is properly 'sick' -- genuine issues  - seems to have an idea that it's something to be proud of , which says everything

Never has anything to post except nonsense  , never contributes anything worth reading for anyone

When you have embarrassing avatars including thinking a serial killer is something funny - then I'll worry 

Ah Bob, your concern for my health really is quite touching, but don't worry yourself my dear old thing.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

I don't think there is a "Johnson can do no wrong" camp at all.

I think it breaks down into

1 - Johnson can do no right and

2 - Johnson is unproven but may come good.

I'm in 2, like a lot of others, but I can't recall any poster who thinks we are the finished article and heading for promotion. We'd just be happy with 10th. Where we are at the moment.

3. Johnson has made lots of mistakes and I'll never forgive him

4. Johnson has made loads of mistakes but I'm seeing signs that he is learning from them

5. Johnson can do no wrong - there are some out there....SL? :P

I'm no.4.

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I see, not sure if that would make stop attending games though.

As for him as a person - I would suggest reading his autobiography. You get a much better picture of the guy.

His persona is all an act, playing the pantomime villain diverts attention away from his players. Really surprised fans still get wound up about him actually, he's just an old dog who knows how to play the system. 

He is a very effective manager and probably would do well in the short-medium term here.

I suspect Colin will always divide opinion.

You see a "nice bloke" who pretends to be nasty for the press. I see an unpleasant bloke who turns all cuddly for the media when he wins or otherwise gets his own way.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

Well I think LJ is doing a grand job. If anyone can't see the improvements then they clearly know nothing about football. We are a work in progress, we will be inconsistent whilst we work to improve ourselves in every department . As long as I continue to see that progress I will back LJ.

There is a section of our fan Base who have had it in for LJ from the moment he signed for us, that has continued into his management career with us. The second we have a bad result they crawl out of the woodwork and you would think the end of the world is nigh. When we have a good result you don't see them for shit. 

The disgusting abuse he gets makes me want to stick up for him more.

I am certain these sort of people will us to lose just so they can sprout their rubbish. These people don't want Bristol City to be successful, they just want to be right. It's sad.

Really? So we either agree with you or we 'don't know anything about football'. Wow......some statement that.

It's going to take a lot more improving before he wins me back over but here's hoping he can do it.  It'll mean City are doing well and that's all we want at the end of the day. 

Interesting, and welcome, that the two threads clearly looking to score points and cause friction have been merged.

I trust that the same thing will happen to the half dozen threads that essentially all say 'Johnson Out' that are guaranteed to appear next time we have a poor result? Just to be consistent like.

Just for the record I am in the Johnson out camp and I don't think there's anything he can do to change my mind.He's all over the media when we win and running down tunnels when we lose.He's not talented he just gets lucky now and again .It could of been so different if Lansdown backed Coppell with the amount of money he's chucked at Johnson we could of been contenders by now instead of being happy that we held the mighty millwall at home.

3 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

I have been and remain one of his biggest critics.  I have not been to a game since Burton home last season.  He broke me.  He still breaks me.  He is not the man to lead the club forward IMO.  I wont come back until he's gone.  A win in a tinpot trophy against a second string prem side doesn't change my opinion of him.  Johnson out.

+ 1

4 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

I have been and remain one of his biggest critics.  I have not been to a game since Burton home last season.  He broke me.  He still breaks me.  He is not the man to lead the club forward IMO.  I wont come back until he's gone.  A win in a tinpot trophy against a second string prem side doesn't change my opinion of him.  Johnson out.

I genuinely don't get someone who calls themselves 'City Loyal" etc yet comes out with statements like this.

Surely if your'e 'loyal'- you support the club in good times and bad?

If every time our club did something that really grated with me ( ownership/ my shares/ managerial appointments/player sales/player purchases etc) and I stayed away then I doubt very much I would have been to a few dozen matches in my lifetime.

I bet you ignored your puppy after Jan 1st.

1 hour ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Just for the record I am in the Johnson out camp and I don't think there's anything he can do to change my mind.He's all over the media when we win and running down tunnels when we lose.He's not talented he just gets lucky now and again .It could of been so different if Lansdown backed Coppell with the amount of money he's chucked at Johnson we could of been contenders by now instead of being happy that we held the mighty millwall at home.

Over 50% of the time looking at his record.

35 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I genuinely don't get someone who calls themselves 'City Loyal" etc yet comes out with statements like this.

If every time our club did something that really grated with me ( ownership/ my shares/ managerial appointments/player sales/player purchases etc) and I stayed away then I doubt very much I would have been to a few dozen matches in my lifetime.

Another person confusing club with the current encumbents, seriously it is not difficult to separate the institution from its leaders.

I support BCFC as I have for 40 odd years but that does not mean I have to mindlessly clap when we have a toothless board and a questionable history under the current owner, real estate aside.

Look at Rovers, their fans support the club and loads on here take the mick from them for trusting the hierarchy, wtf is the difference apart from ours has more cash?

Up until now I've tried to stay out of the managerial debate, I don't think it helps the team and believe it splits support for the team.

My observations on the subject on this site, are where people vent their frustrations at the manager, players or owner, because it's one of the few ways to do it and get your views known to a wide audience. Other people get upset at that because they think someone is having a go at their club, so stand up for it. These two groups are known as, moaners or happy clappers.

On a personnel viewpoint re the manager, I don't particularly like him or his methods of dealing with the players and, I think he has a lot to learn when pitting his skills against better more experienced managers. Having said that, I think he may well be a good proactive coach on the training ground and will hopefully be successful with the first team as he gains experience.

The one thing that has really stood out for me is, the supporters of LJ claim that there is a minority of people on OTIB that are against LJ and as a result, there must be massive support for him within the ranks of supporters that don't post on this site. My experience of mixing with and talking to supporters around the city is one of an overwhelming lack of support for LJ, in fact, it's one of, he should not be the manager. Perhaps I only meet the moaners. 

Note, I use the term manager because, he manages the first team on match days.

On 22/08/2017 at 21:57, Redtucks said:

Clueless Johnson again!

Still playing Bobby Reid as a striker, only scored five.

Our kids are crap, fancy playing Vyner, Kelly and Hinds.

He doesn’t know what he’s doing!

We’ll get stuffed at Watford!

Come on all you moaning gits, how about a bit of credit!

Or are you all going to crawl back into the woodwork till we lose again???

I supported LJ through the times he was taking lots of flak from the 'LJ out brigade' because it was unnecessary.

The pendulum has gone the other way (to a certain extent).

All silly really.

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

Another person confusing club with the current encumbents, seriously it is not difficult to separate the institution from its leaders.

I support BCFC as I have for 40 odd years but that does not mean I have to mindlessly clap when we have a toothless board and a questionable history under the current owner, real estate aside.

Look at Rovers, their fans support the club and loads on here take the mick from them for trusting the hierarchy, wtf is the difference apart from ours has more cash?

Confusing nothing.Mindlessly clapping nothing.

My point was that if you refuse to continue to support your team, any team, just because you don't like the manager then you can hardly call yourself "loyal". IMO.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

My point was that if you refuse to continue to support your team, any team, just because you don't like the manager then you can hardly call yourself "loyal". IMO.

All baggage aside, there is a well known concept used largely in the rehabilitation of family structure and relationships known as 'tough love'.  

The example I offer is that of a Mother and a son who has gone badly astray.  There comes a point whereby the most loving and loyal thing a parent can do is to let the son or daughter go, breaking the co-dependency, allowing the offspring to discover for themselves the folly of their ways and deciding themselves to change. 

The blind support of a heroin addicted son by his mother is counter-productive.  However much it is counter-intuitive for her to helplessly watch him continue on his path of self-destruction it is worse for her to fund and support his dysfunctional lifestyle.  

I'm not saying a hell-bent son is exactly the same as City but merely putting to you a defence of people unprepared to support a club they love that they see as heading down the wrong path and why blindly supporting the club may not actually be an expression of loyalty in the way you seem to see it.

8 hours ago, RumRed said:

Exactly this ^^^^^

The current team has some good players in it, I cannot stand LJ however, his flapping around like a fish out of water last season did it for me. Our club has become a one man dictatorship which cannot be good.

6 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

The team is selected by the manager, so its a bit 2 faced saying you don't support/rate the manager but support the team. The manager is just passing through my club, I was here before he was and will be when hes gone (so long as he don't stay to many years) I`ll be back when he`s gone.

14 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Much the same here mate, I haven't been since Derby or Blackburn last season .( I can't remember which came last as the boredom of the game messed up my memory)

After 40 years of watching City I can honestly state that I'm not missing it one tiny bit.

When we eventually get a manager who plays football to get me excited I will possibly return, local non league football on a Saturday, Tuesday and Wednesday feels just great at the moment. I'm watching more live football than I've ever done, not as good quality wise, but far more enjoyable.

18 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You need me to explain the difference in being rooted to the bottom of the table when LJ arrived, looking completely out of our depth, compared to only being in the relegation zone for a couple of weeks all season, most importantly not finishing in it..? 

In my opinion this is way off the mark, when LJ arrived the rot had stopped, Pembo and co had turned it around and fortunes continued to improve until tinkerman stamped his authority on the team! We will never know how badly his man management damaged their morale or what caused the late change in player attitudes, resulting in our unlikely late revival - watching LJ trying to get the fans going 80 minutes into the Millwall debacle was woefull as was his team selection and setup

9 hours ago, RichardEdd said:

Over 50% of the time looking at his record.

With the money  He's spent that's nothing special.One other thing I wish he would stop talking about the project,every club in the land has got a project it's just another excuse for him and his dad to drain Mr lansdown for a few more quid.

2 hours ago, dave36 said:

In my opinion this is way off the mark, when LJ arrived the rot had stopped, Pembo and co had turned it around and fortunes continued to improve until tinkerman stamped his authority on the team! We will never know how badly his man management damaged their morale or what caused the late change in player attitudes, resulting in our unlikely late revival - watching LJ trying to get the fans going 80 minutes into the Millwall debacle was woefull as was his team selection and setup

I'm not sure there was much wrong with the team selection, just the performance. 

I'm not sure you understand the definition of "debacle"..!

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Much the same here mate, I haven't been since Derby or Blackburn last season .( I can't remember which came last as the boredom of the game messed up my memory)

After 40 years of watching City I can honestly state that I'm not missing it one tiny bit.

When we eventually get a manager who plays football to get me excited I will possibly return, local non league football on a Saturday, Tuesday and Wednesday feels just great at the moment. I'm watching more live football than I've ever done, not as good quality wise, but far more enjoyable.

Wow if you are not excited by some of the football thats been played so far this season then you are probably beyond saving. Lots of youthful energy in most performances so far, we aren't missing Tammy Abraham and have some exciting players coming through. Will be watching as many games as I can this season, even if it will be via one fixed camera and often in the middle of the night! 

This thread makes for interesting reading....

I get the impression many wouldn't be pleased with what they are watching, regardless of manager. It's 'modern football' they don't like.

We've all witnessed Championship football over the years...it is what it is. The majority of teams play no differently to us. Win a few, Lose a few, put in an outstanding performance, or have a few duff one's. It is what it is.

How many fans/forums from other clubs, do you hear purring about how great their football is, season after season?

The majority experience what we do.

Someone mentioned watching non league...I do occasionally too. It reminds me in many ways of how it used to be in the Professional game, many moons ago.

Perhaps that's why so many olden's enjoy it so much...

You aren't going to get the free flowing football with masses of space anymore...Pro teams are too well organised defensively nowadays.

You may get it in the two lower leagues occasionally...but higher up, very rarely.

If you don't like watching some of the play we've produced in spells this season, then I think you are going to be sadly disappointed with football in general in the future.

20 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I've supported the club for 29 years. Don't question my loyalty. 

Archived