IGNORED

Freddie Hinds (Merged)

Robbored

15 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Lets not forget we have just loaned Woodrow until the end of the season and Taylor is coming back to fitness. I would like to see Hinds get some regular game time out on loan at league1/2 level.

Why? If he is good enough he is old enough.  We are not talking about a goalie, defender or midfielder but a striker.  Stick with him, Lee

6 hours ago, rednotblue said:

The second yellow.

it looks like we are 4 on 1 on the break??

yet more interested in getting a player sent off than scoring a goal?

Looked like the players were pissed about not being able to play on if anything.

6 hours ago, rednotblue said:

The second yellow.

it looks like we are 4 on 1 on the break??

yet more interested in getting a player sent off than scoring a goal?

5 hours ago, City Ben said:

Looked to me that the players were livid that the ref pulled play back.

Have only seen it on YouTube, but thought the ref should have played advantage, then come back for the sending off after the move had played out.

On RB it was explained that the ref had to send the player off immediately because had City's attack broken down and then Watford counter-attacked it could have occurred where the shouldn't be on the pitch player set up or scored a goal.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Interesting debate.....Hinds might be too lightweight up against Villa's burly defenders but......Hinds would be a complete unknown to them with no idea what his game is. In fact at his age he probably won't know his own game yet......

Though to be fair, it probably wouldnt take them long to figure hes young and small so probably is quite quick?!

9 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Though to be fair, it probably wouldnt take them long to figure hes young and small so probably is quite quick?!

It's his movement and trickery that could be a problem. Add to that Reid who is another relatively unknown and City have two very promising young goalscorers in the squad.

Add to that the beef of Diedhiou and the striker options are pretty good.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Interesting debate.....Hinds might be too lightweight up against Villa's burly defenders but......Hinds would be a complete unknown to them with no idea what his game is. In fact at his age he probably won't know his own game yet......

flip side is hinds and reid run rings around villas cumbersome defenders! lets not play long ball .

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

It's his movement and trickery that could be a problem. Add to that Reid who is another relatively unknown and City have two very promising young goalscorers in the squad.

Agree re promissing goalscorers, bobby reids improvement is stunning 

I saw so much energy with Hinds and Reid and O dowda that they were playing midfield and striker at the same time. In bobby reid particularly we have a tackling striker Ideal for the pressing game. If we stop thinking about these players being one or the other it brings a whole new realm of possibilities .For the time being for me its hinds and reid to start wit daddio on the bench. either way .. im really looking forward to friday now!

30 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

On RB it was explained that the ref had to send the player off immediately because had City's attack broken down and then Watford counter-attacked it could have occurred where the shouldn't be on the pitch player set up or scored a goal.

Thanks, that's helpful. I guess I would still think that as soon as we lose the ball, it's advantage over and the ref stops the game. But my knowledge of this rule is poor! 

I may even - and I know this would be controversial - look it up in the laws. 

8 minutes ago, City Ben said:

Thanks, that's helpful. I guess I would still think that as soon as we lose the ball, it's advantage over and the ref stops the game. But my knowledge of this rule is poor! 

I can't remember if it's in the Laws of the Game, but when I did my refereeing course, it was explained that the referee has to stop play straight away if he's going to send a player off, regardless of whether there is an advantage to be played or not, so in regards to what happened last night, the ref had no other option but to stop the 4v1 to send their player off.

Can see him coming on second half if all not going to plan. Both of his goals have been gems, and in a team/squad of players who can't shoot for toffee. To be able to finish in that style for someone so young isn't a fluke. This kid clearly has talent. Can't see him being loaned out and nor would I want him to be. 

He strikes me as a very different striker to Tammy. Tammy was a poacher. Almost all of his goals came within the six-yard box. Both Hinds's goals have been bullets from way outside the penalty area. Very impressive. 

6 hours ago, City Ben said:

Looked to me that the players were livid that the ref pulled play back.

Have only seen it on YouTube, but thought the ref should have played advantage, then come back for the sending off after the move had played out.

Definitely the case.  If you watch the Sky video, City break after the foul, the ref clearly blows and the three City players throw up their hands in protest.

1 hour ago, City Ben said:

This is where, perhaps, the law should be changed so that as soon, as like you say, the advantage is over the ref can then stop the game on the pretext that the team now in possession of the ball have an extra player effectively on the pitch so the ref needs to stop play to send him off. The game could then restart with a drop ball, or if a goal was scored by the team playing with the advantage, a kick off etc.

As it currently stands though, the ref did the right thing, according to the rules, in stopping play to send the player off.

I think Terry would much prefer playing against Diedhiou than hinds. Can't see him being much of a problem for Terry, he's been playing against better and stronger players than deidhiou his entire career, he's old and slow now, he'd much rather have a physical battle than playing chase to an 18 year old. Villa are struggling against teams with pace at the moment. We have pace and need to use it. 

There's no way we should be loaning him out to league 2, maybe league 1 if there is a great chance he'll play weekly, but he's taking his chances here when given them. Don't see the point in rewarding him with a move to another club where he might not even get a chance. If he won't start then he has to be on the bench. We never know how to handle the majority of our youngsters, most get shipped out to non league where they don't stand out and eventually get released. We currently have a young striker performing for us, keep him here and let us develop him at our level! 

He'd be in my squad now and I'd be giving him game time whenever I could , ideally in  games we are winning , under less pressure

If he continues to shine he will force himself into a starting place

Championship is a tough place with some experienced physical centre halves

Need to remember his age and the jump,he's making - can't expect him to be consistent or deliver every time

Good post. Not sure about starting but what he has done is create competition for places and he has put his name in the hat. He has taken the chances that have been given to him. Credit to LJ as he put him in the First Team squad at the beginning of the season.  There can be often doom and gloom around the club but it is really nice being positive about our young players and finally a club strategy looks like bearing fruit. Hinds has definitely stepped up and this is precisely the pressure we want being put on our first 11.....

3 hours ago, simon uk said:

It worked last night but him and bobby are super lightweight against sone big villa defenders, it may need diedhou to put himself around a bit.

To be fair Watford and some big defenders, it seemed the only way they could get to them is to bring them down..

3 hours ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Yes there have been a few topics on here with him in mentioning but none solely for him. 

Now we we watched last season as an 18 year old practically kept us up with his goals, seems we now have another 18 year old who is fond on finding the net. 2 goals now I'm 2 starts. This can't be ignored by the management. Should we be starting him on Friday night live infeont of the sky cameras? I honestly think we should. He deserves his chance now at a league start, Diedhiou yes he's still adjusting to a new league, country what ever, isn't setting the world a light, and as a striker you deserve your place in the team if you're scoring goals, which he isn't and Hinds is when he's starting. We can't use the excuse of him being to young as Tammy showed us that's not the case, and so is Hinds at the moment. 

Give him him a start Lee! We might just have our own Tammy Abraham on OUR books. 

Whether Diedhiou scores or gets the assist I dont care.

He has provided 2-3 assists already. So that shows his place isn't being wasted.

Every assist means a goal was scored. But not every goal has an assist.

If he gets 10-15 assists, then that is 10-15 goals from areas other than our striker, which has been a huge isse for us.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench. Coming on when Dieudhieu tires, as he always seems to do. 

The lad certainly knows where the net is and his 2 in 2 deserves some recognition.

He came here to get a chance to break through at this level If we loan him to a L2 club and he might as well have stayed at Luton. 

As someone once said "if he's good enough, he's old enough."

1 hour ago, BCFC101 said:

I can't remember if it's in the Laws of the Game, but when I did my refereeing course, it was explained that the referee has to stop play straight away if he's going to send a player off, regardless of whether there is an advantage to be played or not, so in regards to what happened last night, the ref had no other option but to stop the 4v1 to send their player off.

Fair enough about last night then, but feels refs should be able to use their own judgement if the team benefits from an advantage. 4 on 1 is a clear goal scoring advantage and think City would often prefer to have that position than the player sent off, especially the situation the game was in. 

6 hours ago, hodge said:

Fair enough about last night then, but feels refs should be able to use their own judgement if the team benefits from an advantage. 4 on 1 is a clear goal scoring advantage and think City would often prefer to have that position than the player sent off, especially the situation the game was in. 

They can actually the official law is:

Referees should consider the following circumstances in deciding when to play advantage or stop play: 

- the severity of the offense. If the infringement warrants an expulsion, the referee shall stop play and send the player off unless there is a subsequent opportunity to score a goal.

So he could have deemed it a goal scoring opportunity and then brought play back but considering the offense took place in our half that would have been a tough call. So overall it was probably the correct decision. 

Archived