IGNORED

How do you know when you've been Happy-Clapped?

11 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

There we go...apparently my views on city are 'wrong'....sums up how think this forum is supposed to work. Well done :facepalm:

I notice you haven't responded to others questioning your claim that the 'majority' of fans still want Johnson to leave.

Where did you get that from?

I don't think that's true. I think if you did a poll right now asking 'Should Lee Johnson be sacked right now' the majority would vote 'no'. Interested to hear where you got your view on that.

8 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

The majority of fans don't post on here...I think the majority are still unconvinced. 

Unconvinced maybe, I'd say that's true of here too. Different to wanting him 'out' though.

You have now made a statement with no back up.

No, I said 'I don't think that's true' - and gave my opinion. Totally different from what you originally said which was 'the majority want LJ out' - that's a statement with no backup.

Its not about whether he 'should be sacked now'.......He should of been sacked last season! You can't deny that. He should not be at the club! City were 3 points from playing Rovers in shitty league 1...

I would have got rid of him last season but am glad Lansdown didn't 

Wake up guys...don't forget last season, LJ has proved nothing this season. People claim the defending is better....ha, not from what I witnessed Tuesday night and I can't forget the Brentford game....oh and Millwall.

I think people feel our mentality is better.. despite playing badly against Brentford, we held on. We wouldn't have last season.

You've got to give the management credit for something.. we've had a good start.

So far he has spent millions, nearly 30 players signed and still the team has 6 starters from SC team! Fielding, Flint, Bryan, Smith, Pack and Ried!

Just means they're good players - many of those are actually SO'D signings and were playing here under him too. 

We agree on unconvinced then.

We will never get the answer to that, but my view is just different to yours, fair enough.

'Unconvinced' is a big step down from 'the majority want him out'. People obviously were going to take exception to that. There's no way of knowing for sure, and people's views on Johnson or any manager will change over a season. 

I think right now though, if we did a poll - the 'majority'  wouldn't want Johnson to go. 

Glad he didn't because of what? Nothing has changed yet, but it is early season.

Because I want him to succeed. I like LJ and like what he's trying to do. I like that he tries to be open with supporters and that he's young enough as a manager to improve significantly. I like that he's bought into what SL wants to achieve. He's not perfect and has clearly made lots of mistakes - but I feel he's improved because of it.

Brentford was shocking, Millwall outsmarted LJ and should of won. Defending against Wolves was shocking for 3 goals and Reading fair play smash and grab. But not a great performance.

We came away with a draw at Brentford though, last season I think we'd have lost badly. It's progress that even when playing badly, we haven't folded like we did before.

Millwall - tricky game and their recent results have been good. So what, we laboured to a 0-0 draw against a physical newly promoted side - it happens.

Wolves - poor defending for the goals, but Wolves are probably one of the best attacking sides in the division. The opposition need to be given credit sometimes. Once again though, we weren't beaten at a place where historically we are awful.

Reading - to me, 'smash and grab' means we were absolutely battered but came away with a lucky win. Not sure that's true in this instance - a very good away performance against a good side. We countered them like Millwall did to us, some may even say we 'outsmarted them' except in this example we won the game.

Has LJ done ANYTHING this season you can give credit him some credit for?

Last season was the same sort of start. In fact I watched City play extremely well against Fulham last season...then it went down hill. Its hard to judge at the moment.

Too early to judge, I agree. But I think you can measure progress in some areas. Last season, even in that period of good early form, we flattered to deceive. We were lucky to get Abraham who we relied on for goals; surely though you can give LJ some credit for bringing him in?

I feel we're far more robust than this time last year and are a better side.

You kind of missed the point about the nearly 30 players signed. You got to admit most will disappear...and in a couple of seasons it will be 'remember him' or an ex player becoming a world beater.

We did need to vastly add to our personnel. When Cotterill left the squad was far too small. In modern football you need 2 strong players competing for each position plus a few utility players. Feel we're getting there.

Naturally, not every single signing will be a guaranteed success - but name me a manager who gets every single signing correct?

On 14/09/2017 at 08:36, Thatch35 said:

This forum is only for happy clappers - the Johnson family lovers. The sort of people who go to QA and stand by LJ listening to his football crap trap staring and wetting themselves.

20 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Thanks for another reply from you.

Trying to be clever again...wasted. Get back to school.

1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

No..you have missed the point of a forum too!! Its about opinions, I have never said anyone was wrong here, just have an opposite of different perspective. :facepalm:

Ha ha - Just from one page of this thread

Debate ???????

Embarrassing

22 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

No...nobody actually debates me...you just come out with same boring happy clapper agenda. People disagree, but never explain why.

He did try and debate he asked you where your source was that the vast majority wanted Johnson out...a debate generally constitutes a leading topic in your case "the vast majority of fans want Johnson out" ...it then gets discussed where people often like facts presented to back up said topic of debate 

2 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

There we go...apparently my views on city are 'wrong'....sums up how think this forum is supposed to work. Well done :facepalm:

Thatch I am very much entitled to think somebody is wrong when they make outlandish statements that carpet the whole of our fan base without fact or basis.

I am all for diversity of opinion that's what this forum is for but you just moan and gripe about anything you can latch onto.

I think you personally just don't like LJ because of the shortcomings of last season - I also had my reservations during our losing streak but things have changed and in MY opinion improvements have been made. Yes things can be improved on but I am encouraged by the fact we have a local billionaire owner who sticks by his manager through thick and thin (when nowadays loyalty in football is nothing i.e.. Frank de Boer)

A young team that is improving and actually fighting for the shirt week in week out with spirit as apposed to folding like they may of last season. All this with a young manager who is not the finished article but is improving week by week himself and is making positive steps like changing up personnel and tactics like he did against a strong team like Wolves (which changed the game) again all in MY opinion. 

I'm not even mentioning the huge gains in infrastructure and youth system we have currently and a quality stadium to boot.

All these positive things are just a snippet of where we are but all I hear from you is we're crap, we can't defend, LJ is crap etc. etc.. and you wonder why people call you out. 

Maybe just look at the bigger picture?

4 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Thatch I am very much entitled to think somebody is wrong when they make outlandish statements that carpet the whole of our fan base without fact or basis.

I am all for diversity of opinion that's what this forum is for but you just moan and gripe about anything you can latch onto.

I think you personally just don't like LJ because of the shortcomings of last season - I also had my reservations during our losing streak but things have changed and in MY opinion improvements have been made. Yes things can be improved on but I am encouraged by the fact we have a local billionaire owner who sticks by his manager through thick and thin (when nowadays loyalty in football is nothing i.e.. Frank de Boer)

I think Thatch and a few others may have decided they didn't like LJ before he'd even managed a game. I can understand people having reservations about LJ after giving him a fair go, but I think with any manager you have to give them a bit of time and support even if you didn't like the appointment.

Naturally a fair few will have serious doubts about LJ after last season; most people would. But I feel there are others (perhaps like Thatch here) who can't bring themselves to give any credit to LJ without qualifying it with a "but..."

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think Thatch and a few others may have decided they didn't like LJ before he'd even managed a game. I can understand people having reservations about LJ after giving him a fair go, but I think with any manager you have to give them a bit of time and support even if you didn't like the appointment.

Naturally a fair few will have serious doubts about LJ after last season; most people would. But I feel there are others (perhaps like Thatch here) who can't bring themselves to give any credit to LJ without qualifying it with a "but..."

I think you maybe be right PF - Whether that's because they didn't like him as player or they think the appointment was a job for the boys or the funky suits that he seem to wear in their eyes he'll never do good. 

When I think he's a very articulate individual who really does hold the club close to his heart and has the best interests going forward. Whether it all works out time will tell but for now I am very encouraged by the whole set up - Giving youth a chance, forward thinking with technology etc..

Football ultimately is results based and your only as good as your last but I am looking at the wider picture and its looking good.

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think the problem Thatch has is ever since his "booooo" thread before Johnson was even appointed, it was pretty obvious that he has an adjenda, so even when he does make a valid point he tends to get shot down as being an idiot by some, he got peoples backs up with that boo post and it has backed him into a corner whereby generally his posts are dismissed out of hand as being garbage, he doesn't help himself with stupid statements like the majority of fans want LJ gone with nothing to back that up, if anything the opposite is true, there was some dissent but nothing that could be considered by the majority of fans.  (To be fair the only manager I would say confidently that the majority of fans wanted gone was Pulis.  McCinness, TInnion, Millen I would say had a large minority that I could confidently say wanted them gone, Johnson I would say had a vocal minority that wanted him gone, but by no means the majority, larger than the vocal minority that wanted Cotts gone, but by no means the majority in my expirience.)

5 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

The majority of fans don't post on here...I think the majority are still unconvinced. 

You have now made a statement with no back up.

Its not about whether he 'should be sacked now'.......He should of been sacked last season! You can't deny that. He should not be at the club! City were 3 points from playing Rovers in shitty league 1...

Wake up guys...don't forget last season, LJ has proved nothing this season. People claim the defending is better....ha, not from what I witnessed Tuesday night and I can't forget the Brentford game....oh and Millwall.

So far he has spent millions, nearly 30 players signed and still the team has 6 starters from SC team! Fielding, Flint, Bryan, Smith, Pack and Ried!

....and 'so far' a complete waste of 5m on Fammy. But hope to be proved wrong.

Phileas didnt make a statement, he expressed an opinion 

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think if you did a poll right now asking 'Should Lee Johnson be sacked right now' the majority would vote 'no'.

You expressed yours as a fact 

On 14/09/2017 at 12:30, Thatch35 said:

The majority don't post here, the majority want LJ out.

When stating something as a fact, be prepared to give a source when challenged.

Perhaps it is you who should "go back to school" so you can learn the difference.

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Reading - to me, 'smash and grab' means we were absolutely battered but came away with a lucky win. Not sure that's true in this instance - a very good away performance against a good side. We countered them like Millwall did to us, some may even say we 'outsmarted them' except in this example we won the game.

Has LJ done ANYTHING this season you can give credit him some credit for?

Thatch did post this after the Reading team was announced

"LJ will get all the plaudits if this team gets a win."

However, since than he has tried to take credit away wherever he can.

"City were lucky" "Smash and grab" etc.

24 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Thatch did post this after the Reading team was announced

"LJ will get all the plaudits if this team gets a win."

However, since than he has tried to take credit away wherever he can.

"City were lucky" "Smash and grab" etc.

That's my issue. If you give out a large amount of criticism like he does, I feel you should also be prepared to give genuine credit where due.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sadly PF , he doesn't deserve your (admirable) patience   and attempts to debate / discuss

I was trying to engage in debate after this

On 14/09/2017 at 13:07, Thatch35 said:

No...nobody actually debates me...you just come out with same boring happy clapper agenda. People disagree, but never explain why.

So was trying to put forward my points and explain why I disagree without a happy clapper agenda. Just didn't respond after a while.

29 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I was trying to engage in debate after this

So was trying to put forward my points and explain why I disagree without a happy clapper agenda. Just didn't respond after a while.

Thatch ignoring an actual debate isnt anything new.

As with when I originally asked for a source for his "the majority want LJ out" his response was (roughly)

"Oh you again, go back to school"

When someone (BBSB) pulled him up on not debating, his (Thatch's) excuse was he couldnt debate when he just got abuse, despite no abuse being directed at him.

It's just deflection, backtracking (like the "majority want LJ gone" becoming "are unconvinced") or pure silence.

Admirable as your efforts are, if there is one thing you won't get from Thatch, it is a proper debate. Or credit being given to LJ. Ah.

If there are two things you wont get from Thatch, it is a proper debate, credit being given to LJ, or an admission of getting something wrong. 

If there are three things you wont get from Thatch...

7 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Come on now guys...you may need to open a new thread for me at this rate. Just calm down have a cider now and look forward to tomorrow.

Its easy, if you don't like my opinions just block me...simple, you wont need to get so stressed out keyboard bashing.

Then you won't have to put up with me!! Have a nice evening.

Its cute you think anyone is actually getting stressed over you.

In a way I feel bad for laughing at you so much

2 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Come on now guys...you may need to open a new thread for me at this rate. Just calm down have a cider now and look forward to tomorrow.

Its easy, if you don't like my opinions just block me...simple, you wont need to get so stressed out keyboard bashing.

Then you won't have to put up with me!! Have a nice evening.

Nah it's far more interesting not too block you...as it acts as an inspiration that life is very very good compared to the alternative 

3 minutes ago, palmerred said:

It's okay, if you ban taxi for Johnson he'll only start posting his diatribe under his other profile, which he once slipped up on when he signed off a comment tfj not realising it was his other profile, before editing it hoping no one would notice, isn't that correct Ben. 

Interesting - any clues as to the other account?

On 23/08/2017 at 08:04, Taxi for Johnson said:

Just thought I'd submit a brief guide to the signs and symptoms of having been "Happy-Clapped".

Here goes:-

- do anything other than praise LJ, and say results are not his responsibility, and you notice an increase in 'hostility' (this may take the form of snake and rubbish notifications);

- similarly, you might find yourself referenced as either a 'troll' or a gas-head - both highly mature and considered opinions;

- attacks usually come from random posters, with short membership of OTIB, and few posts; these folk are often considered 'keyboard warriors' - members of numerous forums, and spend their time venting anger on anyone with a different opinion to their own (as they cannot all be members of the Johnson extended family);

- the right to an opinion is ALWAYS, and without fail, dismissed by the Happy Clapper e.g. the infamous 'opinions are like arseholes' quote. What would a forum be without opinions? At the same time they boldly state their own opinion.

- attacks often come at random, and without justification, typically from behind, and intended to insult of cause immediate pain e.g. across the back of the legs. Rest assured the pain passes very quickly.

This is just a quick guide, but I hope it helps any victims of this phenomena.

:thumbsup:

tfj  :protest:

#FactKillsOpinion

IMG_3891.JPG

Archived