IGNORED

Next 5 League Games

Super

Really important games. Going to start dictating the kind of season we likely to have come the end of that run. I think if you add the Bolton and Ipswich game to the list that'd take us to the end of September and we would have played a good balance of teams. Then we could start drawing some conclusions about where we are and if we are moving forward.

7 minutes ago, shelts said:

Anything possible. Away form the key . Four points from the home games and after that ....I go for 6 in total 

Irony but 14 isn't which I'm sure is what Davefevs was getting at.

If we want to be mid table we need to be taking 5-7 points from these sides.

On 23/08/2017 at 15:55, Bar BS3 said:

Less than 4pts = poor

4pts = acceptable. 

5pts = not too bad 

6pts = pleased

7pts = very pleased

8/9pts = Delighted

9+ pts = Give LJ another contract extension! 

A good start to this run of very tough fixtures! 

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

A good start to this run of very tough fixtures! 

I think that table you've got there is probably the perfect barometer for this set of results, this is a proper test of what kind of side we are.

So we are on four points from two matches. Should we revise our thinking?

Are we saving the win at Molineux for the year 2031 so that being the centenary of our last win there, we could even have an open top bus tour to celebrate.

But should the miracle happen and we win there on Tuesday, would it indicate a real move in the right direction?

PS. I forecast we will get 9 points from these five games. Always the pessimist!

The next two are super tough. I don't expect anything Tuesday. Tough team and a night game at a place we don't do well. As long as we aren't embarrassed I'm happy. Capable of a point of course just don't expect it.

Derby looked strong Friday night. That said, we can play with anyone at AG. One point from those two I'd be happy enough. Then on to Norwich who I think are beatable in a Reading type way. Keep them out early and the fans may get restless and try a steal 3 points. 

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

The next two are super tough. I don't expect anything Tuesday. Tough team and a night game at a place we don't do well. As long as we aren't embarrassed I'm happy. Capable of a point of course just don't expect it.

Derby looked strong Friday night. That said, we can play with anyone at AG. One point from those two I'd be happy enough. Then on to Norwich who I think are beatable in a Reading type way. Keep them out early and the fans may get restless and try a steal 3 points. 

I agree that we'll struggle to get anything at Wolves. Still reckon we'll get a goal though. 

I agree with what LJ said a couple of weeks back, when we play we energy we can compete with most teams in this league. I really think we struggle to maintain our energy Sat/Tue, so hopefully this will improve throughout the season. Pisano is a big loss, and won't be available until Saturday at the earliesr (going by what LJ has said.) 

I'm impressed with how we dealt with the game on Saturday, one which we probably wouldn't have got anything from last year. It's actually quite nice to see a 1-0 win, a result which the whole team deserve credit for from a defensive standpoint. 

Manage those energy levels and we'll be just fine. 

On 23/08/2017 at 15:55, Bar BS3 said:

Less than 4pts = poor

4pts = acceptable. 

5pts = not too bad 

6pts = pleased

7pts = very pleased

8/9pts = Delighted

9+ pts = Give LJ another contract extension! 

So we already acheived 'not too bad' and by beating Derby we'll be in the 'delighted' section with the gaffer dangerously close to a Pardewesque 10 year deal...

On 23/08/2017 at 09:14, Phileas Fogg said:

Tough group of games but it's an unpredictable league and we seem to raise our game against bigger sides.

I predict at least 2 surprise wins in that group.

Away at Reading (no wins in 8 years)

4-1 against Derby after being 0-1 down at HT.

Not a bad shout PF

10 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

A great return, but it will be slightly soured if we don't get the three points against Bolton, no disaster, but the point today will feel much better for three on Tuesday....

Has to be 3 points Tuesday.

We have don’t brilliantly so far but to be a top 6 side which is where I think we can be this year, you have to find a way to break these sorts of teams down.

That is what the top sides do and now it is our turn - could not be greater motivation - top 6 place by 9:40 Tuesday almost guaranteed with 3 points.

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:21, cidered abroad said:

So we are on four points from two matches. Should we revise our thinking?

Are we saving the win at Molineux for the year 2031 so that being the centenary of our last win there, we could even have an open top bus tour to celebrate.

But should the miracle happen and we win there on Tuesday, would it indicate a real move in the right direction?

PS. I forecast we will get 9 points from these five games. Always the pessimist!

Right! Shame I didn't put a bet on it.

12 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Right, so a 'pleasing' 9 points gained from the last 5 games, extending our unbeaten run....so now on to the next 5 games:

Bolton (h)

Ipswich (a)

Burton (h)

Leeds (h)

Sunderland (a)

Thoughts on number of points to gain from these 5?

Again you'd be pleased with 9. Would continue the same rate and would see us on 18 from 10. Simple guesswork based on the table might be a win against Bolton and Burton, draws at Ipswich and Sunderland and maybe a loss to Leeds. That's 8. 

9 would be excellent.

14 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Right, so a 'pleasing' 9 points gained from the last 5 games, extending our unbeaten run....so now on to the next 5 games:

Bolton (h)

Ipswich (a)

Burton (h)

Leeds (h)

Sunderland (a)

Bolton - draw (won't be as easy as some think)

Ipswich - draw

Burton - win

Leeeeds - lose

Sunderland - win

8 points I think.

15 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Bolton (h)

Ipswich (a)

Burton (h)

Leeds (h)

Sunderland (a)

6 or less - poor

7 - passable

9 -good

10-12 - very good

12+ - incredible. 

Archived