IGNORED

Next 5 League Games

Super

On 23/08/2017 at 09:14, Phileas Fogg said:

Tough group of games but it's an unpredictable league and we seem to raise our game against bigger sides.

I predict at least 2 surprise wins in that group.

Turns out my prediction was fairly accurate - well the two surprise wins bit. Would never have guessed we’d go unbeaten though. Expected our mandatory loss against Wolves but thought we might beat Villa.

42 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Right, so a 'pleasing' 9 points gained from the last 5 games, extending our unbeaten run....so now on to the next 5 games:

Bolton (h)

Ipswich (a)

Burton (h)

Leeds (h)

Sunderland (a)

Thoughts on number of points to gain from these 5?

I`m going 9. W, D, W, D, D

TBF, that next five looks on paper easier than the last set. When the fixtures came out I was dreading September as it looked horrific but we`ve come through it pretty well - assuming we beat Bolton of course and don`t lose at Ipswich.

Need the home wins and a point in one of the away games. I'd be happy with that. The home games massive though as they'll be bottom 6 sides. Have to take max points from games like that if we want to be serious top 10 contenders. Get those 2 wins and we're all very happy if we steal another away win. 

50 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Right, so a 'pleasing' 9 points gained from the last 5 games, extending our unbeaten run....so now on to the next 5 games:

Bolton (h)

Ipswich (a)

Burton (h)

Leeds (h)

Sunderland (a)

Bolton - Win - Think we’ll be too good for them. 2-0

Ipswich - Loss - Think McCarthy will have a plan for us. Not a successful place for us historically. 2-1

Burton - Draw - think it might be a bit like the Millwall game unfortunately. They’ll play for a draw. 1-1

Leeds - Win - Surprising convincing win against Leeds. Another Derby performance 3-0.

Sunderland - Draw - Plucky draw like today. 0-0 or 1-1.

52 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Bolton (h)

Ipswich (a)

Burton (h)

Leeds (h)

Sunderland (a)

7 from them as a minimum for me.

Bolton and Burton very winnable.

Ipswich punching above their weight so far.

Personally, I see no reason why we can't get 3 on the bounce in the next three. 

Bolton and Burton are totally winnable. Ipswich - mate of mine is a fan and says they play 3 in CM with Skuse deep. I see our two matching their two and Bobby pressing Skuse so hard that it makes him ineffective.

That takes us to Leeds. If we're 12 unbeaten at that point, confidence will be so high that anythings possible. Either 1 or 3.

Bizarrely my biggest worry is Sunderland. They can't keep being cack can they? With a month to turn it around I fear running into then at their "upswing".

This gets me to:

Bolton - 3

Ipswich - 3

Burton - 3

Leeds (if I'm right on the prior) - 1 or 3

Sunderland - 0 or 1.

Either 10 min or 13 max. I'd take that.

1 hour ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Bolton (h)

Ipswich (a)

Burton (h)

Leeds (h)

Sunderland (a)

Think 9's a distinct possibility given our form at the moment. Would be happy with that. 

1 hour ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Bolton (h)

Ipswich (a)

Burton (h)

Leeds (h)

Sunderland (a)

With our form at home, I don't fear anybody. Wouldn't be surprised to see us pick up maximum points! 

Draw at Ipswich and a loss at Sunderland. They're bound to find some form and I fear it will be bad timing for us in a months time!

7-10 points would be great and it's very much doable.

24 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

I like this thread, It mirrors the way LJ said the club look at games in blocks rather than as a whole. In many ways, a much better way to judge progression than league points/positions as the teams in the league + squads change so much season to season. 

His dad always looked for 17 points from 10 block games for top 6 and believe Lee does the same. 3 points on Tuesday and the first block will be ticked.

We probably should beat Bolton and Burton at home, although it's never quite that simple. These are the crucial games for me. If we confidently beat these two, and similar teams when they come to the Gate, then we will be challenging at the right end this season. 

Leeds at home...well you should never expect to lose your home games. Leeds will come and try to get a win, which may suit us. On balance, a draw wouldn't be an awful result. 

Ipswich away... We certainly could get a result here, but not sure we are at a level where we should necessarily be expecting that to happen just yet. Again, a point would be satisfactory if not joyous.

Sunderland away... they seem in all sorts of trouble. Will they have sorted it out by the time we play them? Perhaps. But they're clearly beatable. 

9 points would be a good return and would solidify our upper midtable position. We are capable of taking more, and if we do then we are in for an exciting season! 

2 hours ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Bolton (h)

Ipswich (a)

Burton (h)

Leeds (h)

Sunderland (a)

10, a loss to Leeds and a draw to Sunderland

21 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Eleven from me.

Same for me. Win the first three draw the next two.

IF big if we could do that then we must be contenders?

But with the same token the surprising amount weve taken from the last 5 we will drop points that a lot will think we shouldn't in the next 5.

Just this league init!!!!

2 hours ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Bolton (h)

Ipswich (a)

Burton (h)

Leeds (h)

Sunderland (a)

Bolton (H) - Win

Ipswich (A) - Draw

Burton (H) - Win

Leeds (H) - Loss

Sunderland (A) - Draw

I make it 8 points. Thought I could see us slipping up against one of Bolton or Burton, I'm not convinced quite with our ability to break teams down who only come here to defend.

3 hours ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Bolton (h) 

Ipswich (a) 

Burton (h) 

Leeds (h) 

Sunderland (a) 

Bolton (h) W

Ipswich (a) D

Burton (h) W

Leeds (h) D

Sunderland (a) D/W

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

His dad always looked for 17 points from 10 block games for top 6 and believe Lee does the same. 3 points on Tuesday and the first block will be ticked.

'Sprints, not a marathon' as LJ recently said, which is a brilliant way to look at your season. 

10 points is possible I think, on current form. 

Archived