IGNORED

Next 5 League Games

Super

50 minutes ago, woodsy62 said:

The problem is teams like Burton and Bolton wont come to play football hopefully we score first then these games change

That's why i think some people expecting Tuesday to be easy are getting ahead of themselves. Bolton will come here and put everyone behind the ball, denying us space to play. Could be a frustrating night. Early goal should open the game up hopefully

I don't agree that Bolton will be harder than some people think.. they haven't scored in 6 games. Haven't won all season.. have just lost 3-0 at home to a side that hadn't won yet this season. 

They've got an extremely weak squad for this level. 

The only way we'll fail to get three points here is if we turn up and play very, very poorly. 

3 hours ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Right, so a 'pleasing' 9 points gained from the last 5 games, extending our unbeaten run....so now on to the next 5 games:

Bolton (h)

Ipswich (a)

Burton (h)

Leeds (h)

Sunderland (a)

Thoughts on number of points to gain from these 5?

With the way we're playing i would like to think we could manage at least 8 points here.

WDWLD I reckon.

Bolton - W

Ipswich - W

Burton - W

Leeds - D (but head says loss) 

Sunderland - D

4 home games is pleasant and in reality a chance to pick up 9 points. If we can go unbeaten through the next 5 then I'll go to Fulham on the Tuesday night in my Y-Fronts and I'll paint my body fully red :banana:

usually when someone says something like that the team actually does it so I'll make the first sacrifice of the season 

14 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Personally, I see no reason why we can't get 3 on the bounce in the next three. 

Bolton and Burton are totally winnable. Ipswich - mate of mine is a fan and says they play 3 in CM with Skuse deep. I see our two matching their two and Bobby pressing Skuse so hard that it makes him ineffective.

That takes us to Leeds. If we're 12 unbeaten at that point, confidence will be so high that anythings possible. Either 1 or 3.

Bizarrely my biggest worry is Sunderland. They can't keep being cack can they? With a month to turn it around I fear running into then at their "upswing".

This gets me to:

Bolton - 3

Ipswich - 3

Burton - 3

Leeds (if I'm right on the prior) - 1 or 3

Sunderland - 0 or 1.

Either 10 min or 13 max. I'd take that.

We have beaten Watford away and Stoke at home recently, no reason why we can't turn the screws on Sunderland who were relegated from the same League as them last season.

11 hours ago, Cider-Head23 said:

I don't agree that Bolton will be harder than some people think.. they haven't scored in 6 games. Haven't won all season.. have just lost 3-0 at home to a side that hadn't won yet this season. 

They've got an extremely weak squad for this level. 

The only way we'll fail to get three points here is if we turn up and play very, very poorly. 

It's just that we know how the football gods work . 

15 hours ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Right, so a 'pleasing' 9 points gained from the last 5 games, extending our unbeaten run....so now on to the next 5 games:

Bolton (h)

Ipswich (a)

Burton (h)

Leeds (h)

Sunderland (a)

I think we can get 11 points from these 5 games

Bolton - win

Ipswich - draw

Burton - win

Leeds - draw (toughest game of season)

Sunderland - win

Bolton- W

Ipswich- D

Burton- W

Leeds- D

Sunderland- D

9 points. Would keep it going quite well. Sunderland are shocking so far though, at home especially so it's winnable for sure.

One game I think will be harder than people think? Burton. They beat Fulham recently, drew at Norwich, drew at QPR.

Not saying they will have an equal share of the play or similar bit don't expect a thrashing of them IMO.

17 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We're at home to Leeds in the next five games....

Oops, only just spotted that. Senior moment there. Might upgrade my conservative forecast of 7 to an 8 on the strength of that, but I still don't see us beating Leeds, even at home. A draw would be acceptable, as others have said - and I also agree with those who advocate caution about the games against lower-placed teams. They will come for a point: it won't be pretty to watch and could be very frustrating. It's what we'd have done last season when in their position.

22 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

It's just that we know how the football gods work . 

I agree, that's football you think certain games are a formality and they rarely are, but I must say although it's not a case of just turning up.

If we play anything like we have been playing lately.. three points shouldn't be an issue tomorrow night!

On 23/09/2017 at 17:50, DOZZYBCFC said:

Bolton (h)

Ipswich (a)

Burton (h)

Leeds (h)

Sunderland (a)

8. Leeds will be toughest game this season.

On 23/09/2017 at 17:50, DOZZYBCFC said:

Bolton (h)

Ipswich (a)

Burton (h)

Leeds (h)

Sunderland (a)

So most we’re saying 7-9 would be good. In fact we got 10!

Bolton W

Ipswich W

Burton D

Leeds L

Sunderland W

Add in the win against Palace and it’s been a decent few weeks all around.

Next five, and my wild predictions:

Fulham (a) W

Cardiff (h) D

Sheff W (a) L

Preston (h) W

Hull (a) D

So 8 points. 

27 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

So most we’re saying 7-9 would be good. In fact we got 10!

Bolton W

Ipswich W

Burton D

Leeds L

Sunderland W

Add in the win against Palace and it’s been a decent few weeks all around.

Next five, and my wild predictions:

Fulham (a) W

Cardiff (h) D

Sheff W (a) L

Preston (h) W

Hull (a) D

So 8 points. 

I can see us sneaking a win at Hillsbrough. Score early on the break and the crowd will be on their backs. The situation with the Blunts must be really hacking them off. Just imagine how we would feel if after 2 seasons of play off football, we went off the boil at the same time as the Gas got promoted and then went top of the League. The Wendys must be fuming right now!

Think Preston could be a draw. They don't concede many while Hull is also a good chance of an away win. They aren't in any sort of form.

And Crapdiff, Colin, Tomlin and all is certainly the toughest fixture in this run of 5.

Fulham D

Cardiff D

Sheff Wed W

Preston D

Hull W

So 9 points. Might be a bit optimistic but no reason not to be at the moment. COYR!!

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Fulham L

Cardiff W

Weds L

PNE W

Hull D

So seven which would give us 31 pts from 19 games - 1.63 per game which gives us 75ish for the season which should be edge of the playoffs.

74 is the average for 6th place over the last 20 seasons, so 75 should be playoffs.

Current form has us on 79 for the season, whether that can be sustained is another matter.

On 24/09/2017 at 09:54, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bolton- W

Ipswich- D

Burton- W

Leeds- D

Sunderland- D

9 points. Would keep it going quite well. Sunderland are shocking so far though, at home especially so it's winnable for sure.

One game I think will be harder than people think? Burton. They beat Fulham recently, drew at Norwich, drew at QPR.

Considering you posted this a month ago, you did very well with your predictions. :clap:

Archived