IGNORED

Jonathan Kisolokele Leko - (season long loan)

Milan djurichimovic

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Looks like a great signing to the squad and well done for the second season in bringing in one of the prems great young talents.

OK LJ now just the little matter of the 2nd season of an unfit for purpose midfield, we need an organiser who knows what he is doing, Smith and Pack whinge and whine a lot during games but neither can organise, neither have discipline to hold their line, pick up runners or pass players on and neither create enough, our current midfield contributed a grand total of 7 assists last season boosted by Patterson's 4 and so far this season only Brownhill has an assist to his name, of course Matt Taylor had 5 assists last season in 15 games maybe LJ sees him other than a striker perhaps?.

Even so still need an organiser urgently.

I agree but also wonder if, played in the middle and given the responsibility, Brownhill might be that player. He is still young of course but I think he has the potential to become the type of midfielder we are crying out for. Of course the question is whether he can do so yet but it may be trying him is the best way to find out...

How big is this new bloke. Can he defend? Would be a great signing if he can do that as well as attack and good to see Tiny P doing us a favour. Plus it gives the opportunity for Brownhill to be in the middle. Like the way he comes forward with an eye for goal. Maybe now we'll get more goals from midfield. Brilliant.

Just checked on the WBA website and Leko is 6 foot 1

Links with DR Congo ring any bells for the people on here? Looks like as well as being big, fast and skilful he's also got something about him like  another  Mr. L ...................

12 minutes ago, jayjay said:

If we require width why did Johnson narrow the pitch? As I understand, it cannot now be altered.

By 1 yard either side....still got one of the widest pitches in the division (I believe).

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Listening to others - sounds an exciting signing

Slurprised , considering how we play cards close to our chest that LJ tells fans about this in Park Street !!! :blink:

No harm done this time around thankfully :thumbsup:

Welcome Jonathan -

RIP IT UP  :city:

Must've been in the bag, probably dependent on the Burke deal which concluded last week.

You heard it here first....also a softener for Flint going to WBA. (Total guesswork)

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Hold my hands up. Apologies to the original poster. 

No worries i know probably over 70% of the names that get put on the transfer forum are just 12 years olds making things up on fake twitter accounts and things so it's not a surprise that some people arnt going to believe me because if you believe everything you read on the transfer senction ;) we would have champions league competative squad, just glad In a way that LJ Was being honist with fans

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Great addition. I just hope this doesn't leave us too open down the flanks what with Eliasson now at our disposal!

Certainly a headache for LJ to deal with.

Not really, just gives us depth. Our squad has been bereft of genuine width and pace for a while.

We've got loads of defensive minded midfielders anyway so it should balance out.

I expect Leko will start; doubt West Brom sent him here to be a sub.

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I agree but also wonder if, played in the middle and given the responsibility, Brownhill might be that player. He is still young of course but I think he has the potential to become the type of midfielder we are crying out for. Of course the question is whether he can do so yet but it may be trying him is the best way to find out...

Out of all of our central midfield options Brownhill although probably is the most talented IMO is also the most ill disciplined in terms of positioning etc., he tries to be to clever at the wrong times for me, him and a proper midfield organiser who can make sure that our midfield keep it's shape at all times and directs and bullies his fellow midfielders is totally what we need IMO.

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Listening to others - sounds an exciting signing

Slurprised , considering how we play cards close to our chest that LJ tells fans about this in Park Street !!! :blink:

No harm done this time around thankfully :thumbsup:

Welcome Jonathan -

RIP IT UP  :city:

Mouth watering signing, eh Bob? :yes:

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not really, just gives us depth. Our squad has been bereft of genuine width and pace for a while.

We've got loads of defensive minded midfielders anyway so it should balance out.

I expect Leko will start; doubt West Brom sent him here to be a sub.

Absolutely, we have a lot depth in wide areas. Just a worry we don't leave Bryan and Pisano isolated when on the back foot. Just being cautious here on my part!

Exciting signing nonetheless.

1 minute ago, Raging_Robin said:

This is awkward.

Not really bud. It was my opinion and I got it wrong.

I mentioned no disrespect to the OP for sharing but I really did think that LJ wouldn't blab about transfers for this exact reason ie. sharing on forums 

3 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I mentioned no disrespect to the OP for sharing but I really did think that LJ wouldn't blab about transfers for this exact reason ie. sharing on forums 

I doubt LJ was bothered. If someone put it on a forum, it would just be doubted and rubbished. Hypothetically, of course..! 

3 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Must've been in the bag for him to be candid about it.

Probably dependant on Burke's move there (which is a surprising transfer in itself - was great to see him doing well in Germany) 

22 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Probably because we defend narrowly and struggle when our opponents get into wide positions...

So what we really need is a trapezoid pitch, narrower at the end we're defending.

Then at halftime get the groundsman to paint the lines the other way.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

By 1 yard either side....still got one of the widest pitches in the division (I believe).

Must've been in the bag, probably dependent on the Burke deal which concluded last week.

You heard it here first....also a softener for Flint going to WBA. (Total guesswork)

Replacement for Evans?:whistle:

Actually there seems to be no evidence of any Prem interest, or any real interest other than Brum. Aden might want to look for a new agent. :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Out of all of our central midfield options Brownhill although probably is the most talented IMO is also the most ill disciplined in terms of positioning etc., he tries to be to clever at the wrong times for me, him and a proper midfield organiser who can make sure that our midfield keep it's shape at all times and directs and bullies his fellow midfielders is totally what we need IMO.

Fair point. Unfortunately, because of the number of central midfielders we already have,  I cannot see that player coming in unless we move O'Neill or Smith on.

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Must've been in the bag for him to be candid about it.

Probably dependant on Burke's move there (which is a surprising transfer in itself - was great to see him doing well in Germany) 

LJ did say a signing might depend on other things happening so no doubt you're right.

Burke wasn't getting games latterly at RB so it was time to move on.

Named him as a possible loan signing when we were talking at the end of last season about clubs possibly being interested in sending their young players here after Tammy's success.

Could go either way of course, but in my opinion an exciting signing and adds some much needed pace into our squad in forward areas.

12 minutes ago, chinapig said:

LJ did say a signing might depend on other things happening so no doubt you're right.

Burke wasn't getting games latterly at RB so it was time to move on.

Burke is definitely a talent - they were saying he didn't suit Lepzigs High Press style and was mainly on bench

Archived