IGNORED

League Cup - City v Stoke (Merged)

REDOXO

3 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Not the draw we wanted but Bookies will make us fav to progress i would think so a good chance to get a top prem side in the last 16.

Eh?

The team they put out last night was a virtually first choice defence, Allen and Adam runnng centre mid, Crouch and Bojan up front. Allen went off and Fletcher came on. Berahino was an unused sub.

And we'd be favourites?

Let's hope they don't strengthen further by picking England's best keeper in goal or the bloke they've just got in from Real Madrid, who were both on the bench last night too!

We've a puncher's chance, it's at home, "anything can happen in the cup" - but favourites?? I'm loving your optimism!

Thinking about who City could have drawn for round three; I'd rather have Stoke at home than, say, Wolves away.

Worst case scenario; City & Rovers get drawn together in one of the later rounds of this or the FA Cup. The souvenir sellers will be churning out commemorative scarves with both teams names on :facepalm:

11 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

So far:

And...

Manchester United v Burton Albion. 

4:39am

And...

Leicester v Liverpool. 

4:38am

And...

Everton v Sunderland.

4:37am

And we're off!

West Brom v Man City.

Are these the kick off times?

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Thinking about who City could have drawn for round three; I'd rather have Stoke at home than, say, Wolves away.

Worst case scenario; City & Rovers get drawn together in one of the later rounds of this or the FA Cup. The souvenir sellers will be churning out commemorative scarves with both teams names on :facepalm:

Robbored would be in his element there.

2 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

When I worked oop North in the late 70s, some of the Mancs and Scousers I worked with, referred to them as Joke City.

I hope we have the last laugh.

Ah, those cheeky Northern monkeys , I see what they did there.

' Stoke ' rhymes with ' Joke ' .

:rofl2br:

is there no end to it ? 

I bet you never got any work done as your  sides were splitting all the time .

8 hours ago, Roe said:

First time playing Stoke since we went toe to toe with them for promotion 10 years ago!  Quite a different path the clubs have taken since.  It'll be an interesting tie, in that respect.

And if we had beaten them at their place we would have been promoted automatically. funny old game.

I much prefer Stoke home rather than a Boro or Derby away.

It will be a tough match, Hughes has done well in transforming their style.

Unfortunately for them they can't shake off the hoof ball anti football tag which is as much a media problem as anything.

It's funny, I remember coming off the motorway for a league match and seeing all these fans in their stripey shirts trudging across a bridge on the way to the stadium in the rain, it looked like a scene from some sort of prison camp.

7 minutes ago, Swede said:

Unfortunately for them they can't shake off the hoof ball anti football tag which is as much a media problem as anything.

It's funny, I remember coming off the motorway for a league match and seeing all these fans in their stripey shirts trudging across a bridge on the way to the stadium in the rain, it looked like a scene from some sort of prison camp.

Shawcross Redemption?

27 minutes ago, Swede said:

Stoke fan here. Yeah, we did a lot of trudging under Pulis. He was booted out and became a media darling while the team he left behind have never managed to shake off the big boot, thugs label.

Just popped over to this board after following the link on the Oatcake. Liking the humour already.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Dreamkiller said:

Stoke fan here. Yeah, we did a lot of trudging under Pulis. He was booted out and became a media darling while the team he left behind have never managed to shake off the big boot, thugs label.

Just popped over to this board after following the link on the Oatcake. Liking the humour already.

@Dreamkilleralways great to have opposition fans on here, doesn't seem that long ago Peter Thorne Graham Kavanagh and Gavin Ward were regulars at the gate 

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Dreamkilleralways great to have opposition fans on here, doesn't seem that long ago Peter Thorne Graham Kavanagh and Gavin Ward were regulars at the gate 

Thanks phantom. I was at Wembley in 2000 for the Autoglass final when Kav scored a belting goal then set up Thorne for the winner from a quickly taken free kick.

Funny thing about that match was that I'd gone there not really bothered whether we won or lost - it was only the Autoglass and we'd won it before anyway. But by the end of the match I was an absolute wreck. Felt like we'd won the FA Cup!:clapping:

25 minutes ago, Dreamkiller said:

Thanks phantom. I was at Wembley in 2000 for the Autoglass final when Kav scored a belting goal then set up Thorne for the winner from a quickly taken free kick.

Funny thing about that match was that I'd gone there not really bothered whether we won or lost - it was only the Autoglass and we'd won it before anyway. But by the end of the match I was an absolute wreck. Felt like we'd won the FA Cup!:clapping:

It was the Autowindscreens shield, and we were robbed that day, robbed I tell you! You took the free kick way too quickly, the ref should have blown his whistle and brought play back. 

Never quite forgiven you lot! :P 

18 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

It was the Autowindscreens shield, and we were robbed that day, robbed I tell you! You took the free kick way too quickly, the ref should have blown his whistle and brought play back. 

Never quite forgiven you lot! :P 

It'll always be the Autoglass to me. :yawn:

And just for the record, not only did we take the free-kick too quickly, it was a dive that won us the free-kick in the first place - it was in line with where I was sitting. He was a bit cheeky like that was our Bjarni.

Hope that helps. :clapping:

Archived