IGNORED

League Cup - City v Stoke (Merged)

REDOXO

Sorry all you Stokies, but your club for me is the most uninspiring club in the whole league(s), I am sure many might think similar of us, but for your reputation of playing boring boring football is a real monkey on your backs, mind you I thought the draw against Man U at the weekend, was a bit entertaining.

At least the Pulis era is a thing of the past...and was it just a rumour that all ST's got a free neck brace at the start of every season due to all the high balls?

Perhaps Stoke might actually push for something this season, you are still in all Cup competitions, and seemingly not going to get relegated, otherwise the scenario is as grey as Stoke itself...go on do something interesting!! , like win something.:yawn:

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I bought 3 tickets for Stoke end yesterday, (for Stoke following family, not me) and there was still quite a few left.

the tickets were £12 each, no charges and delivered free. Went to buy mine in my usual seat, £12 plus £1 charge plus £1 postage. How can this be right?? 

Could you not just get it loaded on to your season card for free?

37 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Could you not just get it loaded on to your season card for free?

I was logged in and it wasn't offering that option even though I'd read you can. The site or my tablet then just closed the page, so I gave up and will try again tomorrow.

But yes, that's what I was hoping for. 

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I was logged in and it wasn't offering that option even though I'd read you can. The site or my tablet then just closed the page, so I gave up and will try again tomorrow.

But yes, that's what I was hoping for. 

It isn`t simple but it can be done mate. My mate always does mine because I`m a lazy bugger and he likes to get his seat the minute tickets come out (and he gets to get extra away tickets on my SC if he wants) but someone on here will know how to do it - stick a new topic up asking how perhaps.

17 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It isn`t simple but it can be done mate. My mate always does mine because I`m a lazy bugger and he likes to get his seat the minute tickets come out (and he gets to get extra away tickets on my SC if he wants) but someone on here will know how to do it - stick a new topic up asking how perhaps.

Sorted. There is a small 'click here' for different collection methods, then a load to card option. This then wipes the fees out. 

On 28 August 2017 at 04:29, PHILINFRANCE said:

@Dreamkiller Out of curiosity, what is the reason for your (Oatcake) apparent dislike for Eddie Howe?

Phil, really sorry I didn't get back to you. DownendStokie has covered it, but yeah, he's seen as some sort of football purist while his team pull every unsporting trick in the book. West Brom fans generally think the same. It wouldn't rankle like it does but for the fact that the media turn a blind eye to it while we've kept all the tags we were labelled with under Pulis, long after they ceased to be relevant. 

15 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

What sort of side will you put out @Dreamkiller ? Are you taking it seriously as being a chance of a cup you could win and get into Europe like we all think you are?

He's got to play a strong side RRH. We had a fairly abysmal season last season and crashed out of both cups early, which really didn't go down well with the fans. We look a much stronger side this season, not that we're pulling up any trees, we just look far more solid defensively. Hughes has always said that he respects the cups, and from the teams he's put out, it's clear that's not just empty words. He really does want to win a cup.

This tie's a tricky one to be sure. A Championship side doing OK in the league and more than likely out to take a Premier League scalp means we can't tinker too much with the usual side. But at the same time, we've got Chelsea at home on Saturday, so I expect a couple of players to be rested. I'm sure Crouch will make an appearance at some point though. Hopefully it'll be to keep up his match fitness, not to try to retrieve the game.

Archived