IGNORED

League Cup - City v Stoke (Merged)

REDOXO

6 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

Judging by the amount of tickets still available online, I'd say we are very far from 18,000.

Seems a bit poor considering it's £13 a ticket and a chance to see us knock out a prem team at home, however I do feel if it wasn't the Caraboa Cup but the FA cup the draw would be more significant. Even if they were both Tuesday nights 

54 minutes ago, DownendStokie said:

It seems that the Stoke ticket site defaults to "sold out" outside office hours or something stupid like that hence the thought that we'd sold out! My bad! As we say in Stoke, Premier League on the pitch, National League off it!

**** me thats poor!

Just watched one of Hughes' Assistants interview, they are taking this game very seriously and ALL fit squad members are travelling. 

You would hope Johnson and Hughes will have had a chat prior to selection just to gauge the strength of team each other are considering. If we make anything like the nine outfield changes we made at Watford it could be embarrassing and knock confidence of our squad players.

13 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Does anyone know ANYBODY who has tried one of those carabao drinks?

I'm not convinced they exist and it's all some sort of scam, like the Yetti. Or a sofa from DFS that isn't on sale.

Drank one in September from a corner shop in Stapleton road, tasted like pure piss and I threw it in the bin after 3 sips

12 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

You would hope Johnson and Hughes will have had a chat prior to selection just to gauge the strength of team each other are considering.

Seriously? I can't imagine 2 rival managers discussing the strength of the teams they are going to field.

I would think Stoke will go pretty strong as the cups offer their best chance of silverware, and I wouldn't expect them to be in relegation trouble.

As for City, it gives us a good opportunity to see if the squad is as deep as people think.

Looks like we're expecting an influx of the Green Army again...

"The match is all-ticket for visiting supporters. However, Plymouth fans can call Ashton Gate on 0117 963 0600 to purchase tickets until 5pm tonight (and collect their ticket on the night)."

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/gate-guide-stoke-city/

It'll be crazy if they bring more to see Stoke than they did for themselves...!

• Admin
20 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Looks like we're expecting an influx of the Green Army again...

"The match is all-ticket for visiting supporters. However, Plymouth fans can call Ashton Gate on 0117 963 0600 to purchase tickets until 5pm tonight (and collect their ticket on the night)."

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/gate-guide-stoke-city/

It'll be crazy if they bring more to see Stoke than they did for themselves...!

LOL, was just going to post the same - @AdamB cough cough

Capture.PNG

52 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Just watched one of Hughes' Assistants interview, they are taking this game very seriously and ALL fit squad members are travelling. 

You would hope Johnson and Hughes will have had a chat prior to selection just to gauge the strength of team each other are considering. If we make anything like the nine outfield changes we made at Watford it could be embarrassing and knock confidence of our squad players.

I'm expecting another 8 or 9 changes but the depth of our squad is good so don't think we'll get a hiding.

As for all the noise coming out of Stoke saying how seriously they're taking it...their priorities are as follows:

1. Prem

2. FA Cup

3. League cup

Heard all this 'we're taking the league cup seriously' nonsense before, including from many of our managers. End of the day it's not that big a priority and Hughes wouldn't be too gutted if Stoke lost tonight as the Prem is by far and away his biggest priority. Both clubs will field weakened sides as is the norm for this competition.

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'm expecting another 8 or 9 changes but the depth of our squad is good so don't think we'll get a hiding.

As for all the noise coming out of Stoke saying how seriously they're taking it...their priorities are as follows:

1. Prem

2. FA Cup

3. League cup

Heard all this 'we're taking the league cup seriously' nonsense before, including from many of our managers. End of the day it's not that big a priority and Hughes wouldn't be too gutted if Stoke lost tonight as the Prem is by far and away his biggest priority. Both clubs will field weakened sides as is the norm for this competition.

Then we will keep our side of the bargain by fielding a weakened support.

:yes:

I hope we don't field too weakened a side tbh.

This game is winnable and a good Cup run helps with everything.

Regards Stoke, would be decent for us if they do field a weakened side, but if I'm Stoke I would see this tournament as most winnable of the 3 IMO so I wouldn't look to rest too many. Probably won't go down, won't get into Europe via the League, FA Cup has more merit to bigger clubs than League Cup so...

Archived