IGNORED

League Cup - City v Stoke (Merged)

REDOXO

19 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Its uncanny that we cant get a top six side when others do frequently.

As for Stoke. Still amazes me that they have been in the prem for so long. Probably the team i watch the least in the top flight. Other that Shaquiri, Allen and Shawcross I have no idea what players they have.

They've implemented a very good strategy for getting to the Prem and staying there.

I think if we got promoted, we'd operate in a similar way to Stoke in terms of transfers instead of Swansea or someone.

You'd think Stoke would be going all out to try and win the cup, but then again you'd think that about Watford.. if I was a Stoke fan I wouldn't be pleased about this tie; potentially very tricky.

I wish I'd have posted this yesterday!!!! I said to my Dad in a passing joke yesterday  that'll it'll most likely be bloody stoke at home!!! :yes:

Im actually not disappointed by that as I see that as a winnable game. The further  we go, the further exposure we get for l'ill old Bristol City.

COYR!!!!!

I've just updated the title to show who we got. Not a big name but a Prem team but at least it's not another Championship side. We haven't played them in a while either so maybe they will bring a few down? Could have TV interest too, I heard there was lots of mentions on Sky about us being a shock result on Tuesday and sky tend to like things like that. 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

They've implemented a very good strategy for getting to the Prem and staying there.

I think if we got promoted, we'd operate in a similar way to Stoke in terms of transfers instead of Swansea or someone.

You'd think Stoke would be going all out to try and win the cup, but then again you'd think that about Watford.. if I was a Stoke fan I wouldn't be pleased about this tie; potentially very tricky.

Yeah they have done very well fair play to them.

If you can cast your minds back to the B team idea, the Stoke chairman was very voiciferous about the idea saying they have a problem getting their players games.

He got a lot laughs on social media because the other clubs he was comparing stoke to was Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Southampton etc

12 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Just popped over to their forum to see their reaction which i was expecting to be similar to ours. One gent has posted a link to this thread and can't believe the way we are talking about his club. 

Hello stoke fans :farmer:

Their forum format is awful isn't it .

Thank Bob almighty for our Tomarse and his user friendly forum .

:clap:

31 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Its uncanny that we cant get a top six side when others do frequently.

As for Stoke. Still amazes me that they have been in the prem for so long. Probably the team i watch the least in the top flight. Other that Shaquiri, Allen and Shawcross I have no idea what players they have.

I just googled their players and I've literally no idea who they are*

*Copyright Watford forum

14 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Just popped over to their forum to see their reaction which i was expecting to be similar to ours. One gent has posted a link to this thread and can't believe the way we are talking about his club. 

Hello stoke fans :farmer:

They have the internet in Stoke? 

I don't think our reaction to the Stoke draw has been that bad. I mean Stoke could win the Champions League 10 times in a row and it's not going to be a glamour tie, is it? It's Stoke for gawds sake. But it's a decent tie against a decent Premier League team who we have a decent chance of beating if they make a lot of changes in a one off game

Archived