IGNORED

Nice Touch

SedRA

Very proud of my goddaughter today who passed all of hers with flying colours. She's had all sorts of issues away from school in the last few years, and was worried this might have affected things, but she ended up with an A, 2B's and 3 C's. I hope she likes the card I got her tomorrow, signed by Joey Bryan. :cool:

2 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

What employers actually check GCSE results? I've always lied on mine, I said I've got an A* in maths, I can't even count to B!

I know you're in your early 20s so may not matter as much for jobs at the start of your career.

Definitely a bad idea to lie about it. As @RumRed mentioned, some employers will do their due diligence - especially as you go for more senior jobs.

12 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I'm not a fan of his , never understood sacking cottrill for an average at best former player , and inexperienced league 1 manager  how he's kept his job after guiding us into the bottom three last season beggars believe ...... 

Surprised nobody else has ever said that ....

31 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know you're in your early 20s so may not matter as much for jobs at the start of your career.

Definitely a bad idea to lie about it. As @RumRed mentioned, some employers will do their due diligence - especially as you go for more senior jobs.

Was just a joke, couldn't have been that funny:grr: Luckily my GCSE's/A-Level results don't require me to have to lie :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Just a warning , before you influence too many

.....it does happen  to  a criminal offence 

Not judging , just pointing out

People should at least be aware of the possible consequences .....

Can think of at least 2 occasions in my career when I've called people in who have lied about their qualifications and told them their employment was being terminated with immediate effect.

These were not highly paid roles, either..

52 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I'm not a fan of his , never understood sacking cottrill for an average at best former player , and inexperienced league 1 manager  how he's kept his job after guiding us into the bottom three last season beggars believe ...... 

Any chance you could save this for one of the umpteen other threads that debate his performance? 

48 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not relevant; never fails to surprise me when people add this into an anti-LJ debate.

There are many many more valid criticisms you could choose and you chose this!!

I do wonder how many of LJ's detractors were also his critics when he was player here, and that influenced their view of him from the day he was appointed.

15 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I do wonder how many of LJ's detractors were also his critics when he was player here, and that influenced their view of him from the day he was appointed.

In my opinion I think some let this influence their view of him. The majority have valid issues with his management but some still can't get past Johnson the player. It shouldn't be a factor but it is for some. 

There is an argument for whether an average player like Johnson was has the gravitas to get the respect of the likes of Tomlin but that's a different question altogether.

Were the issues with Lee Johnson (the player) simply that GJ appeared to pick him ahead of superior players or was there more to it than that? Can't remember

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Not really what this topic`s about is it? You just go ahead and try and derail it though if it makes you feel a bit better.

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think that this year the kids get a number rather than a lettered grade.

So that won't make things more confusing.

Think it's only English lang., English Lit., and maths this time round with a maximum score of 9 in each. A "German Flint" to the 2:2's Desmond. 

14 minutes ago, monkeyboy said:

Think it's only English lang., English Lit., and maths this time round with a maximum score of 9 in each. A "German Flint" to the 2:2's Desmond. 

Indeed, my lad's was a mixture of A,B,C's and 9-5 plus he's doing BTEC's as well so it was a strange result sheet to be fair.

9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Nice from LJ (yes, I am actually praising him). :clap:

My lad just got his results and we are well pleased, passed nine including a distinction in engineering. That's gonna cost me a few quid as a reward but it's money I'm happy to spend. :)

Well done City and well done to my lad too. 

Always reward the effort, Ska, more than the results (think "process, not outcome" as SO'D used to tell us....er, maybe not then).

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Can think of at least 2 occasions in my career when I've called people in who have lied about their qualifications and told them their employment was being terminated with immediate effect.

These were not highly paid roles, either..

A £10er says at least one of them was gAss?

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Nice touch indeed, but also an advert for the Community Trust education programme, so not completely altruistic perhaps.

But that comes under the charity arm of the club, there is no monetary gain for the club from advertising the fact courses are available for students to progress or retake exams, so not a problem for me.

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Section82 are delighted to announce they got an A* in GCSE smoke bombing.

Tsk, these modern names and rebranding to make courses sound sexy. In my day it was just called Chemistry. 

I refer to his playing days as he divided opinion on the pitch I actually didn't hate him as a player , didn't rate him either very much a meh player , it just annoyed me that a player who obviously was disliked by many , got the top job cause of connection not ability , like I said pointless getting rid of cottrill for him , time has shown that . 

Archived