IGNORED

Question about bcfc.co.uk

Bristol_South_End

Obviously one for the club but I wasn't sure who was best to contact!

Love the new look website, it's better in virtually every way from the cut-and-paste EFL template we used to have. However one thing that seems to be missing now is a season statistics page. I really like looking up top scorers/assists/discipline/minutes played etc but now have to resort to looking at third party websites as City don't have a page with this on anymore (unless it's hidden away somewhere and I've completely missed it). Is this something that could be looked into/added in the future? Would be nice if it included some historic stats from before this season too but appreciate this might not be possible.

2 hours ago, Bristol_South_End said:

Love the new look website, it's better in virtually every way from the cut-and-paste EFL template we used to have. However one thing that seems to be missing now is a season statistics page. I really like looking up top scorers/assists/discipline/minutes played etc but now have to resort to looking at third party websites as City don't have a page with this on anymore (unless it's hidden away somewhere and I've completely missed it). Is this something that could be looked into/added in the future? Would be nice if it included some historic stats from before this season too but appreciate this might not be possible.

Bristol Sport website now.

The current headline for the 'Bristol City F.C.' website is about the women's football team, and their 'delight' in announcing the captain and  vice captain for the season

I couldn't be less interested in the women's team, or the rugby for that matter, so the new website giving them such prominence gets a big thumbs down from me.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The current headline for the 'Bristol City F.C.' website is about the women's football team, and their 'delight' in announcing the captain and  vice captain for the season

I couldn't be less interested in the women's team, or the rugby for that matter, so the new website giving them such prominence gets a big thumbs down from me.

Got to moan about something I suppose! 

I'm sure there are a great deal of female (and indeed male) fans who are interested in the women's side.  

14 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

the womens team are called Bristol City, why shouldn't they be on Bristol City's website?,

Shall we remove all mentions of the under 23's and academy and just post 1st team news?

23 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I'm sure there are a great deal of female (and indeed male) fans who are interested in the women's side.  

14 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

the womens team are called Bristol City, why shouldn't they be on Bristol City's website?,

Shall we remove all mentions of the under 23's and academy and just post 1st team news?

So sorry chaps, I didn't realise it was obligatory for a Bristol City fan to be interested in women's football or else they'll get a good telling off!

Btw, Bristol86, my City supporting wife also thinks it is poor quality and is annoyed it gets far too much publicity, so no idea what gender you are, but either way, speak for yourself.

31 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

So sorry chaps, I didn't realise it was obligatory for a Bristol City fan to be interested in women's football or else they'll get a good telling off!

Btw, Bristol86, my City supporting wife also thinks it is poor quality and is annoyed it gets far too much publicity, so no idea what gender you are, but either way, speak for yourself.

I didn't say it was obligatory. But it's a website for all fans, not just you. So just because you don't find an article interesting doesn't mean others won't. I'm not interested in the YouTube videos they put out where team members compare their favourite hairstyles etc but I'm sure the child fans we have enjoy them.  

Just seems a very trivial thing to whinge about. Surely the more information there is for fans, the better? 

14 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I didn't say it was obligatory. But it's a website for all fans, not just you. So just because you don't find an article interesting doesn't mean others won't. I'm not interested in the YouTube videos they put out where team members compare their favourite hairstyles etc but I'm sure the child fans we have enjoy them.  

Just seems a very trivial thing to whinge about. Surely the more information there is for fans, the better? 

Seems a trivial thing to pick me up on, but that seems to be your way.

I'm entitled to my opinion, and that remains that when I go on the Bristol City website I go there for news on the team I support. I haven't got the time or inclination to wade through news about womens football - however 'deligthtful' - before I can find something I'm interested in.

I don't feel obliged to support, or even take an interest in the womens football team just because they apparently now come under the 'Bristol City banner', and having it thrust on me as the main headline on the official site is very irritating. 

Still, I have the choice to visit the site much less frequently, and that's what I'll be doing.

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm entitled to my opinion, and that remains that when I go on the Bristol City website I go there for news on the team I support. I haven't got the time or inclination to wade through news about womens football - however 'deligthtful' - before I can find something I'm interested in.

I don't feel obliged to support, or even take an interest in the womens football team just because they apparently now come under the 'Bristol City banner', and having it thrust on me as the main headline on the official site is very irritating. 

Still, I have the choice to visit the site much less frequently, and that's what I'll be doing.

So 2 stories out of 24 (0 on page 2, 2 on page 3, 2 on page 4, 0 on page 5) in the first page of news at https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news makes for a toys out the pram, it's my ball and I'm going home reaction.

First world problems.

14 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Where do you draw the line? Youth team? Reserves? Transport information (but I walk so I don't care!) 

It's all related to the club. It's all newsworthy to a section of the fan base, even if it's not your section. 

Seems the way on here that when things are going ok on the pitch people just find other trivial things to whine about!

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Got to moan about something I suppose! 

Think I will keep my powder dry on this topic.

6 hours ago, Bristol_South_End said:

Best to email Adam Baker and the team at media@bcfc.co.uk

They seem quite receptive to feedback about the new site.

17 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Where do you draw the line? Youth team? Reserves? Transport information (but I walk so I don't care!) 

It's all related to the club. It's all newsworthy to a section of the fan base, even if it's not your section. 

Seems the way on here that when things are going ok on the pitch people just find other trivial things to whine about!

when did that happen? things have been shit on the pitch a good result against Watford doesn't change that 

18 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

So 2 stories out of 24 (0 on page 2, 2 on page 3, 2 on page 4, 0 on page 5) in the first page of news at https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news makes for a toys out the pram, it's my ball and I'm going home reaction.

First world problems.

'Toys out of the pram? Rather an exaggeration, simply registering my annoyance.

MY point was the women's team was the headline story, that should never be the case imo.

Why not have a separate 'Bristol City Women' section at the top that anyone interested could click on?

Perhaps because almost nobody would? :dunno:

18 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Agree with you - they have their own site anyway. 

Doesn't bother me hugely as I seldom look at the City site except for the video interviews but all the teams should have their own websites that exclusively share their news.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

MY point was the women's team was the headline story, that should never be the case imo.

Why not have a separate 'Bristol City Women' section at the top that anyone interested could click on?

Pretty sure it's standard across all teams now to integrate the women's teams into the main site where they have them and quite rightly so. You have the option not to read it if it's of no interest. 

Totally different point but found myself watching the women's euros, some of the women's cricket World Cup and some of the Solheim Cup in golf this summer and the standard has been really good. I've started treating it / watching it as a separate sport as opposed to comparing like for like with the blokes and have been impressed. 

11 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

So when the women's side beat Barcelona in the Champions League a few years back, that's a story that if it were repeated next week shouldn't be allowed to be headline news? Incredible.

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

So when the women's side beat Barcelona in the Champions League a few years back, that's a story that if it were repeated next week shouldn't be allowed to be headline news? Incredible.

No it shouldn't. Barcelona are not the force in women's football that they are in the men's game and it's not as though it was played in the Nou Camp or something with tens of thousands of passionate fans.

It was actually played at the Mini Estadia in front of a pulsating 'crowd' of 870.

A fairly meaningless game that was of interest to almost nobody.

23 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Tend to agree to an extent here... as all teams have their own dedicated sites can't see a problem if they all had a link button on the main pages linking to the others sites... and if there's major news concerning one of the others then an alert mention of it is acceptable with a pointer to the full story via the relevant link button...

Not sure 'almost nobody would '  Noggers  ....  if the buttons were labelled:

'Click Here for......  Fit Women '  /  ' Blokes with Weird  Balls '  or something like that should do it  (they'll have similar buttons on their sites linking to us, suitably labelled of course) :)  

41 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No it shouldn't. Barcelona are not the force in women's football that they are in the men's game and it's not as though it was played in the Nou Camp or something with tens of thousands of passionate fans.

It was actually played at the Mini Estadia in front of a pulsating 'crowd' of 870.

Not a force... Champions League quarter finalists the year before and they had been on a 55 game unbeaten run at home. What a terrible team.

Almost nobody being the 2 and a half thousand people who gathered at Ashton Gate to see Barcelona knocked out of Europe?

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Not a force... Champions League quarter finalists the year before and they had been on a 55 game unbeaten run at home. What a terrible team.

Almost nobody being the 2 and a half thousand people who gathered at Ashton Gate to see Barcelona knocked out of Europe?

Sorry, I'm not sure you took it in, or maybe it wasn't a surprise to you. To reiterate this headline making game in a small stadium in Barcelona attracted a crowd of eight hundred and seventy.

I'll take your word for the unbeaten run but when there's so little public interest, and there's no real competition from other teams in Spain, being on a 55 game unbeaten run means almost nothing. 

Even with their run of success Barcelona Womens record attendance is 3,219.

Much as it might irk you it's obvious there's simply no widespread interest in womens' football despite the excessive media coverage - it's 100% hype, which isn't working, and the overkill publicity for the City/Barcelona game was typical.

Btw, I assume you attended, what were the entry prices for the 2,457 who turned up for the game at AG, and what was City women's average home attendance last season?

• Admin
2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

But you as a fully confessed cynic have the knowledge that it was played in front of 870 people at the Mini Estadia and are involved in a discussion surrounding this on OTIB. 

In the words of Oscar Wilde, the only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about. 

• Admin
39 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

we're only 3 above relegation, no progress at all ;) 

I might not be able to polish a turd but I like numbers, I can make them all shiny.

3 points clear after 4 games = 34.5 points clear after 46 but we all know .5 points don't exist so we'll just forget about them and go with 34 points. Add that to last seasons 3rd bottom tally and we'll finish 3rd. Woohoo!

I feel like a career in politics would suit me. 

18 minutes ago, Ian M said:

But you as a fully confessed cynic have the knowledge that it was played in front of 870 people at the Mini Estadia and are involved in a discussion surrounding this on OTIB. 

In the words of Oscar Wilde, the only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about. 

Not sure I understand your input here Madger but people are naturally more persuaded by facts than opposing opinion so I readily admit I looked up the details of the match to back up my case.

Which they did, pretty well overwhelming I'd say.

Still, as Oscar Wilde probably didn't say, on one of his less inspired days - 'though it be hard to argue with facts, there's always someone who will ignore those facts if they are unfavourable to their argument.'

Archived