IGNORED

OTIB FRINGE ... Dont fancy Rovers chances but...

WhistleHappy

Wael al-Qadi and Darrell Clarke fly to Kabul to watch a young Afghani play football and they are suitably impressed and arrange for him to come over.

Two weeks later Bristol Rovers are 4-0 down to Dover with only 20 minutes left, the manager gives the young Afghani striker the nod and on he goes. The lad is a sensation, scores 5 goals in 20 minutes and wins the game for Bristol Rovers.

The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are delighted and the media love the new star.

When the player comes off the pitch, he phones his mum to tell her about his first day in English football. "Hello mum, guess what?" he says "I played for 20 minutes today, we were 4-0 down but I scored 5 and we won. Everybody loves me, the fans, the media, they all love me."

"Wonderful" says his mum, "Let me tell you about my day. Your father got shot in the street and robbed, your sister and I were ambushed, gang raped and beaten and your brother has joined a gang of looters, and all while you were having such great time."

The young lad is very upset. "What can I say mum, but I'm really sorry."

"Sorry?!!! Sorry?!!!" says his mum, "It's your bloody fault we came to Horfield in the first place!"

Boom, boom!

Having recently taken over the gas, Wael is a bit perplexed to suddenly find a bit of lettuce sticking out his bottom.

This cannot be right he thinks, and takes himself off to the Doctor, who indeed sees the little bit of lettuce sticking out, but cannot really give a reason. However in discussion Wael mentions his new role.

O dear, says the doctor. I have worked out what is wrong and it is not good news I am afraid. What is sticking out your bottom is just the tip of the iceberg.

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I wouldn't worry too much about what our Rovers friends have got to say.

A chap I work with is a Rovers fan, and I had to explain to him last week that a MILF actually referred to someone else's mum!

Not in their case...

:blink:

Archived