IGNORED

Getting to AG from Bradley Stoke

BRISTOL86

A friend of mine is attending tonight who isn't a regular. I'm completely out of touch these days with how best to get to the ground as we park on a friend's drive.

He'd prefer to drive but happy to consider alternatives.  

Are there any nearby parking options these days, free or paid? Or is there a bus from Bradley Stoke?

Cheers 

19 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

One of the park and rides?  Parking around AG is a nightmare these days.

Could get the 73 or 70 busses to temple meads and walk or train from parkway to twmple meads.

If you get the 73 allow plenty of time. Indeed, to guarantee getting to TM in time to walk to AG before kick off you would need to leave about ten minutes ago. It's one of those buses that goes around the houses and passengers are forgiven for thinking it would be quicker to circumnavigate the world in a tin bathtub with a cricket bat for a paddle.

35 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

A friend of mine is attending tonight who isn't a regular. I'm completely out of touch these days with how best to get to the ground as we park on a friend's drive.

He'd prefer to drive but happy to consider alternatives.  

Are there any nearby parking options these days, free or paid? Or is there a bus from Bradley Stoke?

Cheers 

Not much of a friend if you can't offer to pick him up!

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

There's a Wessex bus I think. 3A/3C I don't remember which one. But I know it goes to Ashton gate from the stop right next to the Aztec Roundabout. 

Also definitely dont tell him to go to parkway! It's shut. 

Shut next week - open this week - used it yesterday 

If you don't mind a slight detour, drive down the motorway to Avonmouth and then up the Portway to Hotwells. Easier than driving through the centre of town and residents' parking restrictions end at 7.00. Usually evening matches are easier than Saturday matches due to the parking restrictions, but allow for tonight's bigger crowd 

44 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Train from parkway or patch Way (won't be a train back late enough mind) or catch the 70 which will get him to the bus station then bus / walk. 

Or walk or cycle 

Just as a point of order I was born there it's Patchway.

I usually catch 73 to McDonald's at Abbey Wood, then 71 to Bower Ashton. The 71 serves students going from UWE to UWE Bower Ashton so is great for Saturday game, but not sure what the return times are on a Friday night?   

49 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

No the best option is to park in the retail park. I've been parking there for years and have never once got a ticket.

I actually park on the dodgy little lane near the cricket club on double yellows, but don't tell anyone.

4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

train Bristol Parkway to Parson Street then a short walk

return is on the "A" bus to temple meads then the  22:42pm

This.

or not sure what the parking charges are at Parkway - could drive to Filton (free parking) and get train to Parson St.

Don't try M5 to Avonmouth on a BH Friday evening!

3 hours ago, ForeverRed said:

I usually catch 73 to McDonald's at Abbey Wood, then 71 to Bower Ashton. The 71 serves students going from UWE to UWE Bower Ashton so is great for Saturday game, but not sure what the return times are on a Friday night?   

What time do you usually go on a Saturday and how long is the wait for the 71 at McDonalds? 

Good info in this thread :clap:

33 minutes ago, Izza said:

What time do you usually go on a Saturday and how long is the wait for the 71 at McDonalds? 

Good info in this thread :clap:

The 71 we usually catch is 1-35 at McDonalds, gets to Ashton at 2-20ish. But they run every 20 mins. The next at 1-55 should get there by 2-40, but may be cutting it a bit fine for KO.

The 73 we catch (1-15ish from Baileys Court) gets there about 5mins before the 71 arrives, so not much waiting.

10 minutes ago, ForeverRed said:

The 71 we usually catch is 1-35 at McDonalds, gets to Ashton at 2-20ish. But they run every 20 mins. The next at 1-55 should get there by 2-40, but may be cutting it a bit fine for KO.

The 73 we catch (1-15ish from Baileys Court) gets there about 5mins before the 71 arrives, so not much waiting.

Brilliant thanks, though I will be going a bit earlier for a drink or two :drunk2:

18 minutes ago, Izza said:

Brilliant thanks, though I will be going a bit earlier for a drink or two :drunk2:

Don't blame you, we normally go drinking afterwards, I can't survive the call for 45minutes after a couple of ciders, but that's too much information!!

Archived