IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Aston Villa FC match day thread

Septic Peg

Forgetting Sky bias, (who gives a **** it's the norm)

Fair result. Villa didn't look like a side heading for the top to me, if they make the play offs they have had a good season.

As for us thought we looked more solid than threatening nothing to exiting going forward.

Unless the magic midfielder comes in this week I can see us ending just under mid table.

Can't see us near the bottom three this season, so that's progress yes? Think we might have an Ipswich type season.

23 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

What a pointless thread this has turned into. The only rule that matters is that the ref makes the final decision.

I am far more concerned with the lack of quality in our multi million centre forward and our lack of a creative midfielder.  Also why did the coach wait till final 5 mins to bring two forward thinking players on

Still believe this is going to be a very long and very hard season.

Anyone still think the side will meet SL's aim of finishing top six?

Has SL said publicly that our aim is top 6? I must have missed it if so. 

26 minutes ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

But that is your interpretation of his intent and circumstance. It is not a sign that you understand the law better than any of the people. I say it 100% is deliberately in a position to maximise prospect of disrupting the flight of the ball. You say Honest John just happens to have flappy arms. That's fine, but I believe you to be wrong.

Fine. Agree to disagree.

29 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

the rule is quite clear and does not mention unnnatural. which is right not wrong. its not a common interpretation at all. which is why players are being told by managers and coaches NOT to tuck their arms in. it was uncommon interpretation from an Engish ref which has turned into a fact when its not. 

No the rule is clear and mentions deliberate handball. Which makes not a penalty, yet again.

And it is a very common interpretation from probably the most respected English ref of recent years ffs...

Handball:

- has to be deliberate

- barely EVER is 

- unless you're  in the Prem where apparently if you stick your arms out it means it is certainly handball, as of course you'd choose to do if you were a defender in the box

Luckily for him and sadly for us,  JT captain leader legend racist team mate wife shagger is playing in the Championship

So no pens tonight.

The defence very strong. Think Eliasson can be the creative mf and pass clever balls. At the moment Ifeel that we need a real winger, all and all a good effort but think something is missing. Their goal was luck with the deflection and we should have one penalty. Villa was dangerous when they attacked. Draw maybe fair. Frankie good game again. Famara works very hard but he have to got balls so he can move forwards and score.

Only skimmed through the thread, so apologies if this has been covered.

Does anyone know what the Barry Manilow appreciation society thing in the Lansdown was all about? (People waving lights in the second half). It could be a Cliff Richard thing 

Good performance tonight and a win wouldn't have flattered us. The fact that we're disappointed with a draw against a team with a budget like Villa says a lot. 

People that moan about our use of funds... Villa should be a reality check for the league we're operating in versus the likes of them. 

Two players on the pitch tonight probably take home the same as our entire first eleven and bench and for large spells we looked the better team. 

Encouraging signs.

1 defeat in 7, if we can convert a couple of those draws into wins we can push for top 10. 

At the start of the TV coverage they announced a large win for Villa would lift them to sixth place. Did they say what a large win for City would do?

I thought they were more even handed later when they showed the Villa supporters but also remarked twice on "the impressive Ashton Gate".

As for the game John Terry was fortunate; a different ref may well have awarded a penalty (unless JT is allowed leniency due to his standing in the game). Dunno if I'm right, but for the final ten minutes of the st half, City's players appeared more tired than their Villa counterparts.

Well I was expecting a loss so reasonably satisfied with a draw. That being said a point will push us further down the table come 5pm today.

I have survived Mount Kinabalu; The highest mountain in Malaysia at 13,435. Not bad. The tragedy of the climb was that the knee jerker Park Ranger abandoned the final 800 metres to the summit at the scheduled 0230 depart due to torrential rain; why not wait until the crack of dawn. its only a 2 hour climb and a 90 minute descent to mid camp and the weather was glorious this morning. Apparently they follow the American system; sounds like complete over reaction and over 100 climbers were well miffed including a couple from London and another from Holland. Well I would be too flying for 15 odd hours with this climb as their highlight, now its their lowlight. 

Time for a long rest now.. I used muscles I did not know I had. On to the next one now. Cheers all.

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Well I was expecting a loss so reasonably satisfied with a draw. That being said a point will push us further down the table come 5pm today.

I have survived Mount Kinabalu; The highest mountain in Malaysia at 13,435. Not bad. The tragedy of the climb was that the knee jerker Park Ranger abandoned the final 800 metres to the summit at the scheduled 0230 depart due to torrential rain; why not wait until the crack of dawn. its only a 2 hour climb and a 90 minute descent to mid camp and the weather was glorious this morning. Apparently they follow the American system; sounds like complete over reaction and over 100 climbers were well miffed including a couple from London and another from Holland. Well I would be too flying for 15 odd hours with this climb as their highlight, now its their lowlight. 

Time for a long rest now.. I used muscles I did not know I had. On to the next one now. Cheers all.

Hey!!

Off topic posting is my speciallity..

Having watched the game and the highlights I was struck by how little of a real threat we were in the final third. We certainly worked hard, played a neat passing game, especially in the first half and won a fair few corners, however, and the highlights particularly reinforce this, we did not turn any of that into genuine goal scoring threats/opportunities.

Archived