IGNORED

Johnson have some dignity

Alberto

As of last year and this I've watched from close range at LJ rant at the 4th official for the slightest of incidents on the pitch. Quite frankly it's embarrassing and uncomfortable to watch. I wish him well as that would mean the results we all want would be delivered, but i think he should direct his frustration elsewhere. What is the guy on the touch line going to do for him...

6 hours ago, Alberto said:

As of last year and this I've watched from close range at LJ rant at the 4th official for the slightest of incidents on the pitch. Quite frankly it's embarrassing and uncomfortable to watch. I wish him well as that would mean the results we all want would be delivered, but i think he should direct his frustration elsewhere. What is the guy on the touch line going to do for him...

Wow you've found a new way to have a go a LJ. I mean that's actually really impressive! Given that's been on here. So I'll at least give you marks for originality. 

The fourth official has a mic that he can speak to the ref and linesmen on, which is often why the managers turn to them to explain (or criticise!) decisions. Unfortunately, especially when the likes of Bruce or Warnock are in the opposing technical area, you have to 'fight your corner' as it probably does make a bit of difference in the refs decision making.

The jacket was def an off cut from his sofa and he clearly borrowed his shirt from Harry Hill. I just hope he had a brown belt on to compliment the brown shoes as you don't wear Braaaan into Taaaan!

I'd rather he was shouting at the fourth official than stood sipping coffee from a thermos mug or under an umbrella. 

On a side note when I got back I watched some of the game back and the comments at the end (after the Aston Villa show) The Irish lad said you can see Lee Johnson is a coach with how City play. Maybe what he is trying to achieve is beginning to translate on the pitch.

1 hour ago, City Ben said:

In fairness his shirt sleeves were far too long last night, he had far too much cuff on display for my liking.

Funny you say that - they were taking the P on the Villa Forum saying did he buy his jacket when he was 15 as the jacket was too small and the sleeves were too short  for him !!! 

:laughcont:

It doesn't matter one jot really but he definitely sees himself as Tisdale or Italian style type manager !!!!

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Funny you say that - they were taking the P on the Villa Forum saying did he buy his jacket when he was 15 as the jacket was too small and the sleeves were too short  for him !!! 

:laughcont:

We were saying how we thought he could pass for a geography teacher - his jacket had elbow pads as well :smartass:

Watched on Sky as I have the summer man flu - before and after LJ spoke very eloquently - I agree his shirt was a tad Harry Hill - but his reactions during the game looked fine to me, no worse than Bruce - I am not his biggest fan but he came across very well imo and quite passionate during the game

8 hours ago, Alberto said:

Quite frankly your embarrassing

Are you having problems at home?

What about Steve Bruce jabbing his finger at the 4th official constantly? Including just seconds after Villa scored.

Perhaps if the 4th official was competent, he'd have constrained Bruce to his technical area rather than allowing him free rein of the city to the point he was obstructing his own players taking throw ins at times.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

If he sat and did nothing a la steve mclaren people would moan. LJ can't win with some.

personally I think we're seeing enough from the team to justify at least a little faith in him

To be fair, some fans have already complained on here this season that he does this! Basically he needs to calm down and show more passion.

LJ does seem to perform for the telly. The last couple of games he's been sat in the dugout or stood motionless in his square. Last night he was gesturing like a raver at our players. Perhaps that's the thinking of the white cuffs - easily visible from distance...

20 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

LJ does seem to perform for the telly. The last couple of games he's been sat in the dugout or stood motionless in his square. Last night he was gesturing like a raver at our players. Perhaps that's the thinking of the white cuffs - easily visible from distance...

White gloves, glow stick, hi viz vest and his own whistle (or chupa chup).

That'd liven things up, need to get the P.A. sorted though.

If we're going Old Skool we may as well all meet up at a service station before going to the match, oh hang on...

Archived