IGNORED

Johnson have some dignity

Alberto

11 hours ago, chinapig said:

We have no ambition. We need proven Championship shoes. Big name shoes in fact. SL should get his cheque book out and get Moyes' shoes.

Will these do?

clown shoes.jpg

In reply to a few questions.

1st post, yes. Care about Johnson's attire, No Johnson fan, Yes. Think a manager can change a decision from the touch line, No. Happy we're on page two of the topic.. don't really care! Terry Handball at the time....... Definitely !

Up the City thanks for the feedback.

If he didn't, there would be a thread criticising him lacking passion or nor 'caring'.

To be fair to OP,  I like my managers to act in a dignified way. I guess the explanation is that although that decision is gone, it's a way to sow seeds of doubt in the official's minds that may influence the next 50/50 decision so they may decide to 'even things up'.

Part of the game, unfortunately.

• Admin
23 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

If he didn't, there would be a thread criticising him lacking passion or nor 'caring'.

To be fair to OP,  I like my managers to act in a dignified way. I guess the explanation is that although that decision is gone, it's a way to sow seeds of doubt in the official's minds that may influence the next 50/50 decision so they may decide to 'even things up'.

Part of the game, unfortunately.

I felt that happened immediately after the most convincing of the penalty calls as the ref called the most blatant corner you'll see a goal kick to us. Cheers ref, that evened it up :facepalm:

Thank you Red Army Faction for actually giving the post a bit of thought and not just hurling abuse. I see LJs frustrations with killer decisions ie Terrys Handball, but watch the next game and see how his complaining reeks of desperation on what can only be described as minor 50/50 decisions. I'm fully aware the 4th O is mic'd up, but in my mind will it make a difference? I genuinally hope LJ is a success but as my opening post said, and it was all i really said. Please do it with dignity.

4 hours ago, Alberto said:

Thank you Red Army Faction for actually giving the post a bit of thought and not just hurling abuse. I see LJs frustrations with killer decisions ie Terrys Handball, but watch the next game and see how his complaining reeks of desperation on what can only be described as minor 50/50 decisions. I'm fully aware the 4th O is mic'd up, but in my mind will it make a difference? I genuinally hope LJ is a success but as my opening post said, and it was all i really said. Please do it with dignity.

He should follow the example of successful managers like Mourinho, Guardiola, Conte, Klopp and most of all Ferguson. All so dignified on the sidelines. Or possibly not

In reality the only top managers I can think of who are relatively restrained are Ancellotti and Zidane.

It's a stressful job so I can understand why managers get so worked up.

16 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Which he has been roundly criticized for in the past. Many a post has moaned at him for `just standing there` while the likes of Warnock are said to be `showing passion` just for having a hissy fit with the officials.

In a recent interview Dean Holden said that they take it  in turns to keep close to / at fourth official - mainly because if they don't , the opposition staff will and will influence fourth official

Understandable and Thought this merely highlighted what a nonsense  - Nothing said to a fourth official should have ANY influence on the officiating 

I can only presume it's because the 4th official has a open mike to the referee and thus touchline staff believe they can put pressure on the referee ???

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

In a recent interview Dean Holden said that they take it  in turns to keep close to / at fourth official - mainly because if they don't , the opposition staff will and will influence fourth official

Understandable and Thought this merely highlighted what a nonsense  - Nothing said to a fourth official should have ANY influence on the officiating 

I can only presume it's because the 4th official has a open mike to the referee and thus touchline staff believe they can put pressure on the referee ???

I think that's it. The 'even things up' idea is also true I reckon.

I used to like sitting in the Williams when we had Cotterill and Pembo bellowing at the 4th official.

Swindon at home they were like men possessed! Wouldn't have enjoyed being the 4th official that night.

On 26/08/2017 at 10:46, hodge said:

The only two real occasions I saw him 'have a go' we're when Bobby went down in the box and the Terry handball, both occasions you'd expect it. If no other reason than to attempt to put some pressure on, if officials think they have missed something big. He was no where near as bad as Bruce who was laying into the 4th official when corners and throw ins didn't go their way, Bruce also walked right up to the linesman on the touch line and was practically shouting in his ear at one point. 

Which of the 3 handballs upset him most?

On 26/08/2017 at 09:12, exAtyeoMax said:

LJ does seem to perform for the telly. The last couple of games he's been sat in the dugout or stood motionless in his square. Last night he was gesturing like a raver at our players. Perhaps that's the thinking of the white cuffs - easily visible from distance...

"Gesturing like a raven" have you just made that up? Honestly never heard that before. 

Archived